Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 9:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pelosi playing defense on torture
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:58 pm 

Again, my point is, and I agree to disagree with you on the subject..is that pelosi had opportunity to bring this to light also and didn't b/c, elections were more important. Now she is caught up in it too, she knew in 2003.

"Ms. Pelosi said she had supported a letter opposing the tactics sent in 2003 by Representative Jane Harman of California, who replaced Ms. Pelosi as the top Democrat on the intelligence panel when Ms. Pelosi took over as Democratic leader."

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:00 pm 

Gunslinger wrote:
Again, my point is, and I agree to disagree with you on the subject..is that pelosi had opportunity to bring this to light also and didn't b/c, elections were more important. Now she is caught up in it too, she knew in 2003.

"Ms. Pelosi said she had supported a letter opposing the tactics sent in 2003 by Representative Jane Harman of California, who replaced Ms. Pelosi as the top Democrat on the intelligence panel when Ms. Pelosi took over as Democratic leader."

And then she lied about it.

And now she is lying about lying.

And another day, another lie.....typical.

"I wasn't briefed, I was informed that somebody else had been briefed about it," Pelosi said.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:28 pm 

Quote:
Again, my point is, and I agree to disagree with you on the subject..is that pelosi had opportunity to bring this to light...

What for?
My point: Why bring it up if she thought it was legal?
She could oppose the tactics all she wanted, she still couldn't do anything about it because the Republicans controlled the congress. The party in control sets the agenda.

And now the Dems control the agenda which MEANS WE WILL FIND OUT WHO'S LYING & WHO IS IS NOT LYING.
Quote:
"Perhaps they should release the briefing-- I would be very happy if they released the briefing," Pelosi added.

Yeah no sh*t, good idea Nancy.

Let's see it all.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:39 pm 

You go, Girl..!!!!!!!!

:smt003 :smt006

Pelosi Fuels Fire on Interrogations

Pelosi's comments are also -- almost certainly -- not her last words on this subject. As indicated by Boehner's comments, Republicans are going to continue to paint Pelosi as telling a series of conflicting stories about what she knew and when she knew it.

While Pelosi's press conference this morning was clearly intended to put to rest a process story that all politicians hate, it may well have the opposite effect -- raising more questions about her timeline and her past statements.

Make no mistake: Pelosi would not have held this sort of press conference unless she and her inner circle believed that she was losing altitude -- politically -- on the issue. But, her decision to do so could have wide-ranging political implications that will reach from Congress to the White House and back.

By Chris Cillizza | May 14, 2009; 1:01 PM ET

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/thefix ... -fire.html

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:53 pm 

May 14, 2009
Categories: Pelosi

CIA: Pelosi can review docs immediately

Nancy Pelosi says she wants the CIA to make pubic briefing documents to make up her claim that Bush administration intel officials lied to her about waterboarding during her Sept. 2002 briefing.

The CIA quickly punted the ball back to Pelosi — sending over an email saying the notes she wants to make public are already available for security-cleared staffers to review — anytime they want 'em.

A senior Democratic staffer just kicked it back to Langley — telling me that they are "considering" the offer but classification rules will prevent them from disclosing the details.

"We think the best way for this to come out is to release the materials," said the aide.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/glennthru ... l#comments

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:18 pm 

Ah yes...

Pelosi is digging deeper and deeper trying to weave lie after lie and it's all coming apart.

:smt005 :smt006

Gingrich: Pelosi 'Lied,' 'Despicable,' 'Dishonest,' 'Vicious,' 'Trivial'

May 15, 2009 10:34 AM

ABC News’ Rick Klein reports: Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich today offered a blistering critique of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s handling of oversight on harsh interrogation tactics, in a major escalation of partisan attacks being aimed at Pelosi.

In an interview with ABC News Radio’s Marcus Wilson, Gingrich, R-Ga., said Pelosi, D-Calif., “has lied to the House” in claiming that she was never briefed by the CIA about the Bush administration’s use of waterboarding and other harsh tactics.

"I think she has lied to the House, and I think that the House has an absolute obligation to open an inquiry, and I hope there will be a resolution to investigate her. And I think this is a big deal. I don't think the Speaker of the House can lie to the country on national security matters,” Gingrich said.

He continued: "I think this is the most despicable, dishonest and vicious political effort I've seen in my lifetime."

"She is a trivial politician, viciously using partisanship for the narrowist of purposes, and she dishonors the Congress by her behavior."

"Speaker Pelosi's the big loser, because she either comes across as incompetent, or dishonest. Those are the only two defenses,” Gingrich said. “The fact is she either didn't do her job, or she did do her job and she's now afraid to tell the truth.”

Pelosi yesterday accused the CIA of giving her “inaccurate and incomplete information” on the use of waterboarding and other harsh interrogation tactics by the Bush administration, saying that CIA officials are guilty of “misleading the Congress of the United States.”

Her recollection is contradicted by an intelligence report sent to Congress last week, which said Pelosi was briefed on enhanced interrogation techniques “that had been employed” in September 2002.

Gingrich also says that playing politics around anti-terror techniques could “get a lot of people killed.”

“This is really, really dangerous, and it is going to get a lot of people killed, if we don’t call a halt to it.”

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2009/0 ... elosi.html

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:32 pm 

edge540 wrote:
What for?
My point: Why bring it up if she thought it was legal?

yeah...sure...but she's on her what?...her third?... or is it fourth version of what she ''thought''?....

shes' lying through her goddamn teeth...

some people are just too stupid to realize it..and you're one of them I guess...It must suck to be a liberal but tell us what it's like to be a really stupid liberal will ya edge?

she's history....

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:54 pm 

racist wrote:
Quote:
she's history....

Having yet another sorry wet dream, I see.
Only one way to find out who's lying, let's have an investigation & put them all under oath & find out.
Funny how the rabid right Bush torture apologists want no part of an investigation.

Anyway...

Quote:
Sen. Bob Graham: Nancy Pelosi May Be Right, CIA Records on Waterboarding Briefings Are 'Suspect'
Could Sen. Bob Graham help Nancy Pelosi’s case?

Pelosi has been floundering in trying to convince everyone that she didn’t know waterboarding was being used on terror detainees in September of 2002. She claimed Thursday that the CIA "misled" the Congress on the issue. But former Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Bob Graham, D-FL, told the Huffington Post that he also wasn’t told all the waterboarding details, and said the CIA’s records on the congressional briefings are "suspect." As recent as a month ago, Graham claims the CIA gave him false information about how many times and when he was briefed on interrogation techniques; notes he kept in his own notebook didn’t jibe with everything the CIA had on record. But the briefing he definitely did sit in on happened on September 27, 2002.

Graham said he had "no recollection that issues such as waterboarding were discussed" on that date. To back that up, the not-so-secret nature of the whole meeting leads Graham to believe "that they didn’t brief us on any of the sensitive programs such as the waterboarding or other forms of excessive interrogation."

Democrats on the House intelligence committee said Thursday that if the CIA did in fact keep information from Congress — or if they lied — then they broke the law. They said members of Congress, especially those in the minority party, have little power to change intelligence policies.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:59 pm 

I report, You decide.

Here is Nancy "the lying skank" Pelosi at her news conference.

Check it out...... :smt003 :smt006

http://www.breitbart.tv/html/339163.html

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:02 pm 

edge540 wrote:
racist wrote:
Quote:
she's history....

Having yet another sorry wet dream, I see.
Only one way to find out who's lying, let's have an investigation & put them all under oath & find out.
Funny how the rabid right Bush torture apologists want no part of an investigation.

Anyway...

Quote:
Sen. Bob Graham: Nancy Pelosi May Be Right, CIA Records on Waterboarding Briefings Are 'Suspect'
Could Sen. Bob Graham help Nancy Pelosi’s case?

Pelosi has been floundering in trying to convince everyone that she didn’t know waterboarding was being used on terror detainees in September of 2002. She claimed Thursday that the CIA "misled" the Congress on the issue. But former Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Bob Graham, D-FL, told the Huffington Post that he also wasn’t told all the waterboarding details, and said the CIA’s records on the congressional briefings are "suspect." As recent as a month ago, Graham claims the CIA gave him false information about how many times and when he was briefed on interrogation techniques; notes he kept in his own notebook didn’t jibe with everything the CIA had on record. But the briefing he definitely did sit in on happened on September 27, 2002.

Graham said he had "no recollection that issues such as waterboarding were discussed" on that date. To back that up, the not-so-secret nature of the whole meeting leads Graham to believe "that they didn’t brief us on any of the sensitive programs such as the waterboarding or other forms of excessive interrogation."

Democrats on the House intelligence committee said Thursday that if the CIA did in fact keep information from Congress — or if they lied — then they broke the law. They said members of Congress, especially those in the minority party, have little power to change intelligence policies.

Well, I guess that settles that. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:04 pm 

Hi jack :smt006

How about an investigation?..eh?

good idea?..yes?...no?

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:07 pm 

edge540 wrote:

good idea?..yes?...no?

I'm all for it - never said I wasn't.
Bring out the memos Cheney wants to have released too, while we're at it.
... good idea?..yes?...no?

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:16 pm 

we know who will win this one.....

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:30 pm 

happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:

good idea?..yes?...no?

I'm all for it - never said I wasn't.
Bring out the memos Cheney wants to have released too, while we're at it.
... good idea?..yes?...no?

Oh hell yes.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:37 pm 

Former Senator Bob Graham told the Huffington Post today that The CIA lied to him too about the torture:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/05/1 ... 03683.html

I think I believe Pelosi.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next