Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 12:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pelosi playing defense on torture
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:38 am 

Moby Grape wrote:
PELOSI TAKES THE WITNESS STAND!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1Qzz7K_E1w

Why isn't this dumb broad on the Sunday talking head shows?....If she skates, then this administration has lost every ounce of it's credibility and integrity...the silence out of The White House is deafening...

whoever said it was nice to see adults running things must come from a seriously dysfunctional and deranged household....

Madness Visible!

Perfect!

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:31 am 
Banned

oldlyinturd540 wrote:

Hell I don't remember what my wife told me last week

She told you that there was a fowl stench emanating from your senile old asss and that you needed to change your Depends.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:35 am 

jack wrote:
Quote:
Yes, edge, I could easily remember what happened seven years ago ...

Yes, gee wiz jack, gosh by golly, I really believe that...really :roll:
Quote:
Well, gosh by golly, why don't they just allow those memos to be released so that the American people can judge for themselves?

Because the CIA said, "go f*** yourself Dick."
No actually, as an avid reader of the NYT jack, did you forget about this story about why the memos are not public yet?
Quote:
C.I.A. Rebuffs Cheney’s Request to Declassify Torture Memos
By Scott Shane

Now that former Vice President Dick Cheney is just another guy trying to get information out of his government, he’s running into the same red tape and frustration his fellow citizens often experience.

The Central Intelligence Agency has rebuffed Mr. Cheney’s request for two memorandums that he says would demonstrate the effectiveness of harsh interrogation methods in obtaining information from captured Al Qaeda operatives.

On March 31, Mr. Cheney asked the National Archives and Records Administration to review the two classified documents for declassification and release, and on April 8, an archives official told him the review was underway. The former vice president said the documents, totaling 21 pages and prepared in 2004 and 2005, gave details of how waterboarding and other coercive techniques were necessary and produced invaluable intelligence.

But in a letter released on Thursday, a C.I.A. official told the archives that it would not carry out the requested review, because the documents in question are already being sought in two Freedom of Information Act lawsuits.

A C.I.A. spokesman, Paul Gimigliano, on Thursday explained that under the executive order governing classified information, documents that are the subject of pending litigation cannot be reviewed for release.

“For that reason – and that reason only – C.I.A. did not accept Mr. Cheney’s request for a mandatory declassification review,” Mr. Gimigliano said. “The agency simply followed the executive order.”

Seeking to dispel any suggestion that the Obama administration was turning down the request for political reasons, he added: “This request was handled in accordance with normal practice by C.I.A. professionals with long experience in information management and release.”

Mr. Cheney was known during his eight years as vice president as the most vehement defender of government secrecy, once going to the Supreme Court to protect the confidentiality of his energy task force. So his quest to declassify and release secret information about interrogation practices has raised some eyebrows.

What is especially notable is that Mr. Cheney sought the secret memos more than two weeks before President Obama’s release on April 16 of four previously secret Justice Department memorandums justifying harsh interrogation. Some Republicans sharply criticized the president’s release of those memorandums – not knowing, presumably, that Mr. Cheney was already seeking to declassify detailed documents on the interrogation methods...

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:44 am 

edge540 wrote:
jack wrote:
Quote:
Yes, edge, I could easily remember what happened seven years ago ...

Yes, gee wiz jack, gosh by golly, I really believe that...really :roll:
Quote:
Well, gosh by golly, why don't they just allow those memos to be released so that the American people can judge for themselves?

Because the CIA said, "go f*** yourself Dick."
No actually, as an avid reader of the NYT jack, did you forget about this story about why the memos are not public yet?

A C.I.A. spokesman, Paul Gimigliano, on Thursday explained that under the executive order governing classified information, documents that are the subject of pending litigation cannot be reviewed for release.
“For that reason – and that reason only – C.I.A. did not accept Mr. Cheney’s request for a mandatory declassification review,” Mr. Gimigliano said. “The agency simply followed the executive order.”

That is what is known as following proper procedure.
It is a far cry from "go f*** yourself Dick."

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:49 am 

You missed my, "No actually" or did the joke go over your head?
Quote:

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:35 am 

Nasty skank is told to present the evidence or STFU and apologize.

Too funny....... :smt006 :smt005

House Minority Leader John Boehner told FOX News that lying to Congress is a crime, so if Speaker Nancy Pelosi thinks agency officials did so, she needs to present evidence and have the Justice Department prosecute it or apologize for casting aspersions.

FOXNews.com

Monday, May 18, 2009

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/05 ... ogize-cia/

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:42 am 

The CIA never, ever misleads or lies, LOL:

In 2007, British intelligence officials
accused the CIA of misleading them "over the arrest and treatment of terrorist suspects who were the subjects of rendition to Guantanamo Bay."

Also in 2007, Federal prosecutors ""said the CIA misled federal judges regarding the evidence against Zacarias Moussaoui."

--In 2004,the CIA had to acknowledge that they "did not provide the United Nations with information about 21 of the 105 sites in Iraq singled out by American intelligence before the war as the most highly suspected of housing illicit weapons."

In 2008, then ranking member of the Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence Pete Hoekstra -- who has Pelosi under fire today -- himself ""called for a criminal investigation into whether the CIA lied to Congress and withheld information from the Justice Department during its inquiry into the 2001 shoot-down of an American missionary plane by the Peruvian air force with help from a CIA counternarcotics spotter plane."

And of course, the CIA famously destroyed some ninety-two videotapes that pertained specifically to the very detention and interrogation program that's at the center of this dispute, a move that truly exemplifies the agency's towering affection for honesty and openness!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/05/1 ... 03730.html

And of course we have CIA Director Leon Panetta:
"Let me be clear. It is not our policy or practice to mislead Congress. That is against our laws and our values."
Yea, that's nice.
So why didn't Leon come out & say, "they didn't lie"...?

Hey House Minority Leader John Boehner, f*** you, go home & work on that tan. :smt005

Last edited by edge540 on Mon May 18, 2009 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:50 am 

Yeah, and OJ didnt kill those two people

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:54 am 

Yeah, and maybe House Minority Leader John Boehner can come up with evidence that Pelosi lied.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:16 pm 

The Grey Council wrote:
Yeah, and OJ didnt kill those two people

The Skank of the House makes an accusation and then doesn't back it up.

How Democrat of her.

:smt005

Skank of the House Nancy Pelosi says the CIA misled Congress about harsh interrogation tactics.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/05/18/ ... index.html

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:54 pm 

Say what John?
Quote:
"I think that it's pretty clear that Mr. Panetta and the CIA believe that they were truthful in their briefings to Ms. Pelosi. There's been no reason to lie," Boehner said Monday.

Right John, they never lie & never mislead.
They only destroy the evidence of what was sanctioned & authorized by George Bush, Dick Cheney & Donald Rumsfeld.
After that, misfits in the Army, those "bad apples" are the scapegoats that are the only one's held accountable. That's how Republicans & conservatives "support the military."
And of course don't forget, according to George:
"we don't torure"
Quote:
WASHINGTON -- The Central Intelligence Agency destroyed 92 videotapes from the agency's detainee interrogation program, a far larger number than previously believed, the Justice Department said in a court filing Monday.

Lawmakers were initially told only of the existence of a single tape showing Mr. Zubaydah, said California Rep. Jane Harman, who was the top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee in 2003, when she warned the CIA not to destroy that tape. A committee spokeswoman said it was told in the past year that there were 92 tapes, after Rep. Harman departed the committee.

"My jaw fell through the floor," Rep. Harman said. "My impression was that this was a videotape. I never imagined it would be 92 videotapes." The CIA misled her, she said, and "it may also be a violation of law."

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:04 pm 

I say the Skank of the House should "put up or shut up".... :smt006

YOU DECIDE: Present Evidence — or Apologize?

Republicans on Capitol Hill aren’t about to let House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s accusation that the CIA lied to Congress slip between the cracks.

House Minority Leader John Boehner told FOX News on Monday that “the ball is in the speaker’s court.” If she is accusing the CIA of lying, she “needs to come forward, either present evidence or do an apology, and let’s get this behind us.”

YOU DECIDE: Should Speaker Pelosi present evidence or apologize to the nation’s intelligence community? Share your thoughts. Click on “Leave a Comment” below

http://foxforum.blogs.foxnews.com/2009/ ... osi_cia-2/

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:06 pm 

USMarine wrote:

good luck with that....

I say present the goddamn evidence because all we'll get from the this dumb broad is "I apologize if anyone misunderstood what I said concerning the CIA and torture"...

and that my friends will be good enough for the dumbocrats...

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:16 pm 

Moby Grape wrote:
USMarine wrote:

good luck with that....

I say present the goddamn evidence because all we'll get from the this dumb broad is "I apologize if anyone misunderstood what I said concerning the CIA and torture"...

Too funny, Moby...... :smt003

Pelosi already said that she didn't meant the actual CIA just people that knew President Bush.

The b!tch is a flippin' nutcase.
She actually makes Michelle "the ho" Obama look almost pretty.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:51 pm 

racist claims:
Quote:

Fact is Peolsi wants a "truth commission."
Funny I don't see any die hard Republicans asking for it.
Gee I wonder why.
Quote:
Pelosi backs anti-terror truth commission
Carolyn Lochhead, Chronicle Washington Bureau
(04-23) 04:00 PDT Washington - -- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Wednesday endorsed the establishment of a formal truth commission to investigate Bush administration anti-terrorism policies, including an examination of former top Justice Department lawyers who crafted the legal justifications for what critics say was torture.
Such a probe could target UC Berkeley law Professor John Yoo, a former deputy assistant attorney general in the Bush Justice Department who was instrumental in crafting the interrogation memoranda, and his former boss, Jay Bybee, now a judge on the Ninth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next