Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1495 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: Change
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:56 pm 

Quote:
Please remove your own head, and try to comprehend.

My comprehension is just fine, I'm afraid you still have your head stuck because obviously you didn't actually read your own source & you don't know WTF you're talking about.
Here it is:
Quote:
Renditions May Continue Under Interrogation Unit
By BRIAN KNOWLTON and MARIA NEWMAN
WASHINGTON — President Obama has created a team of interrogators to question key terrorism suspects as part of a broader effort to revamp United States policy on detention and interrogation. With the formation of this team, the administration indicated that it would more closely monitor, but not necessarily abandon, the controversial practice of sending some high-level terror detainees to other countries for questioning.

Bill Burton, the deputy White House spokesman who is with the vacationing president in Oak Bluffs, Mass., said that creation of the unit does not mean the C.I.A. is out of the interrogation business. The new unit will include “all these different elements under one group,” he said at the briefing, and would work out of F.B.I. headquarters in Washington.

In a background briefing about the interrogation unit, senior administration officials on Monday played down the notion that it would fall under direct, daily White House supervision. They also emphasized that while the National Security Council would provide it strategic guidance, the unit’s tactical operations would “be administratively housed within the F.B.I.” and involve officials drawn from many governmental agencies.

The officials were describing recommendations from a task force that examined both interrogations and transfers of terror suspects to other countries for questioning; they said that President Obama had accepted all the proposals.

Details on the new unit were emerging on Monday as the Justice Department prepared to release details on prisoner abuse that were gathered in 2004 by the C.I.A.’s inspector general but have never been released.

On the question of the transfers — sometimes referred to as extraordinary renditions — one official at the Washington briefing said that the State Department would be given a greater role in verifying assurances from other countries that they would not torture any transferred detainees. Such assurances, often provided by other countries to the Bush administration, did not always prove credible.

The task force recommended that the inspectors general of the departments of State, Defense and Homeland Security report annually on the record of countries providing assurances.

“The U.S. government should not and will not transfer any individual where there is a likelihood they will be tortured,” one official said.

As to the involvement of the C.I.A. in future interrogations, one official said that “the C.I.A. is still going to play a very important role on the operational side.”

But the new approach, he said, would provide “the overarching structure and discipline that ensures this is going to be done certainly consistent with U.S. law, consistent with the direction that the National Security Council sets.”

The administration officials said the new interrogation unit would study the latest research on interrogation to ensure that the most effective legally permitted techniques are used.

Since the task force recommended that all interrogations, by military or non-military teams, use only techniques approved in the Army Field Manual — which allows methods like sleep deprivation and extreme cold but not more extreme techniques such as waterboarding — the question arises of how new techniques might be cleared for use.

One official, when asked about this, said that “there would certainly be at least congressional oversight.”

You said:
Quote:
The topic concerns Barry sending prisoners elsewhere to have their fingernails pulled out by those who are other than U.S military interrogators.

No jack, that's not going to happen.
See:
"President Obama has created a team of interrogators..."

Besides torture doesn't work.

If you had a fricken' clue you'd know that. Really, it's been well documented.
I start pulling out your fingernails, I can make you say anything I want to hear.
I could make you confess to giving Artie 10 blowjobs a day & being a flaming lib.

...oh & Jack Bauer is not real jack, he's fictional TV fairytale character. REALLY

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:02 pm 

Duuuuuuuuuuuuude...... :shock:

You really should take a remedial reading class and get "educted"...... :smt005 :smt006

Quote:
With the formation of this team, the administration indicated that it would more closely monitor, but not necessarily abandon, the controversial practice of sending some high-level terror detainees to other countries for questioning.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/25/us/po ... ml?_r=2&hp

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:57 pm 

edge540 wrote:
Quote:
Please remove your own head, and try to comprehend.

My comprehension is just fine, I'm afraid you still have your head stuck because obviously you didn't actually read your own source & you don't know WTF you're talking about.
Here it is:
Quote:
Renditions May Continue Under Interrogation Unit
By BRIAN KNOWLTON and MARIA NEWMAN
WASHINGTON — President Obama has created a team of interrogators to question key terrorism suspects as part of a broader effort to revamp United States policy on detention and interrogation. With the formation of this team, the administration indicated that it would more closely monitor, but not necessarily abandon, the controversial practice of sending some high-level terror detainees to other countries for questioning.
Bill Burton, the deputy White House spokesman who is with the vacationing president in Oak Bluffs, Mass., said that creation of the unit does not mean the C.I.A. is out of the interrogation business. The new unit will include “all these different elements under one group,” he said at the briefing, and would work out of F.B.I. headquarters in Washington.

In a background briefing about the interrogation unit, senior administration officials on Monday played down the notion that it would fall under direct, daily White House supervision. They also emphasized that while the National Security Council would provide it strategic guidance, the unit’s tactical operations would “be administratively housed within the F.B.I.” and involve officials drawn from many governmental agencies.

The officials were describing recommendations from a task force that examined both interrogations and transfers of terror suspects to other countries for questioning; they said that President Obama had accepted all the proposals.

Details on the new unit were emerging on Monday as the Justice Department prepared to release details on prisoner abuse that were gathered in 2004 by the C.I.A.’s inspector general but have never been released.

On the question of the transfers — sometimes referred to as extraordinary renditions — one official at the Washington briefing said that the State Department would be given a greater role in verifying assurances from other countries that they would not torture any transferred detainees. Such assurances, often provided by other countries to the Bush administration, did not always prove credible.

The task force recommended that the inspectors general of the departments of State, Defense and Homeland Security report annually on the record of countries providing assurances.

“The U.S. government should not and will not transfer any individual where there is a likelihood they will be tortured,” one official said.

As to the involvement of the C.I.A. in future interrogations, one official said that “the C.I.A. is still going to play a very important role on the operational side.”

But the new approach, he said, would provide “the overarching structure and discipline that ensures this is going to be done certainly consistent with U.S. law, consistent with the direction that the National Security Council sets.”

The administration officials said the new interrogation unit would study the latest research on interrogation to ensure that the most effective legally permitted techniques are used.

Since the task force recommended that all interrogations, by military or non-military teams, use only techniques approved in the Army Field Manual — which allows methods like sleep deprivation and extreme cold but not more extreme techniques such as waterboarding — the question arises of how new techniques might be cleared for use.

One official, when asked about this, said that “there would certainly be at least congressional oversight.”

You said:
Quote:
The topic concerns Barry sending prisoners elsewhere to have their fingernails pulled out by those who are other than U.S military interrogators.

No jack, that's not going to happen.
See:

Besides torture doesn't work.

If you had a fricken' clue you'd know that. Really, it's been well documented.
I start pulling out your fingernails, I can make you say anything I want to hear.
I could make you confess to giving Artie 10 blowjobs a day & being a flaming lib.

...oh & Jack Bauer is not real jack, he's fictional TV fairytale character. REALLY

I highlighted this phrase (above, enlarged and in red) in my original post, but you may have missed it. Perhaps you had that whole head/ass thing going on at the time.
Would you please explain this phrase to me, edge?

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:33 pm 
Banned

happy jack wrote:
I highlighted this phrase (above, enlarged and in red) in my original post, but you may have missed it. Perhaps you had that whole head/ass thing going on at the time.
Would you please explain this phrase to me, edge?

OLDLYINGTURD540 wrote:

Nicely done jack. It appears as if the t*** read the first 8 words and nothing more. He never tires of getting his asss whipped on this board.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:29 am 

jack, are you a Dining Room Table? It means we might send detainees to other countries. So what? Why send them 8,000 miles when we can send then one or two thousand miles. What's the BFD?
Where does it say that we or anybody else will torture them?
Better yet, please extract your head out & read the following:
Quote:
“...the State Department would be given a greater role in verifying assurances from other countries that they would not torture any transferred detainees...The U.S. government should not and will not transfer any individual where there is a likelihood they will be tortured,” one official said.

Let me know exactly what part you do not comprehend.

You know, you should take Sarahcuda's advice:
"So how about in honor of the American soldier, ya' quit makin' things up?"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:36 am 

edge540 wrote:
jack, are you a Dining Room Table? It means we might send detainees to other countries. So what? Why send them 8,000 miles when we can send then one or two thousand miles. What's the BFD?
Where does it say that we will torture them?
Quote:
“...the State Department would be given a greater role in verifying assurances from other countries that they would not torture any transferred detainees...The U.S. government should not and will not transfer any individual where there is a likelihood they will be tortured,” one official said.

Oh..You mean they PROMISED not to hurt or torture anyone?

Sort of like this.........?

:smt005 :smt006

Quote:

Thousands of Iranian dissidents living in a camp outside of Baghdad were attacked by Iraqi forces last month in spite of assurances by the Iraqi government that they would be treated "humanely," leading to questions about what the U.S. government and military can or should do to ensure their protection.

U.S.-led forces had provided security for the group throughout the Iraq war -- until the beginning of this year when Iraqi forces took control.

But despite assurances the Iranians would not be forced out or harmed, Iraqi forces clashed with those at Camp Ashraf in late July, in a deadly operation that one member affiliated with the group said left 11 dead and more than 500 injured.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/08 ... qi-forces/

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:47 am 

Obama is attempting to wash the guilt from his hands, by relagating the dirty work to others. Pilate washed his hands, also. The stain remains.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:19 am 

edge540 wrote:
Where does it say that we or anybody else will torture them?
Quote:

Commence hissy fit, edge.

edge540 wrote:
Quote:
WHY IN THE HELL IS OBAMA EVEN LEAVING THAT OPTION OPEN ?

I don't know.
Email him & ask. Maybe he wants to be just like George, the worst & most incompetent POTUS in the history of this country.

Quote:
IF IT WAS WRONG WHEN THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION DID IT, IT WOULD ALSO BE WRONG NOW, WOULDN'T IT?

Yes it would.
Let me know when they do it. Then I'll have a hissy fit too.

edge540
Don't worry jack, if Barry is braking a law & outsourcing torture like George Bush & his henchmen did we will eventually find out. Then you can bitch about it.
You can speculate & make up nonsense till the cows come, untill you show me the proof & evidence otherwise, you're only spinning your wheels.

[/quote]

[quote="edge540 wrote:

jack if you seriously think that Obama would risk something like this, you're as stupid as George Bush & Dick Cheney.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:32 am 

Quote:

Why would I have a hissy fit?

So I take it you took your head out & you understand all of this?...yes?
Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:38 am 

edge540 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

So if another country gave assurances that they would treat them well it's OK...?

Like this....?

:smt003 :smt006

But despite assurances the Iranians would not be forced out or harmed, Iraqi forces clashed with those at Camp Ashraf in late July, in a deadly operation that one member affiliated with the group said left 11 dead and more than 500 injured.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/08 ... qi-forces/

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:49 am 

edge540 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Why would you have a hissy fit? Well, because you said you would.
Or is that just another lie?

edge540 wrote:

Quote:
IF IT WAS WRONG WHEN THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION DID IT, IT WOULD ALSO BE WRONG NOW, WOULDN'T IT?

Yes it would.
Let me know when they do it. Then I'll have a hissy fit too.

You have yet to explain this phrase:

... the administration indicated that it would more closely monitor, but not necessarily abandon, the controversial practice of sending some high-level terror detainees to other countries for questioning.

There is one reason, and one reason only, to send prisoners to other countries for questioning - to allow the U.S. to disassociate itself from any interrogation techniques which might be illegal under U.S. laws.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:56 am 

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:58 am 
Banned

happy jack wrote:
OLDLYINGTURD540 wrote:

Why would you have a hissy fit? Well, because you said you would.
Or is that just another lie?

As the turds dementia continues to progress, he has absolutely no recollection of what he has posted in other threads. So if the lies appear to be coming more frequently.....it's because they are.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:59 am 

Quote:
There is one reason, and one reason only, to send prisoners to other countries for questioning...

LOL
really? & YOU know this how?

You have absolutely not one shred of evidence that this will happen.

Just because George & Dick authorized torture you make the absurd leap that the Obama adinistration is going to do the same thing.

What load of crap.
Like I said, you don't know WTF you're talking about.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:05 am 
Banned

OLDLYINGTURD540 wrote:

not one shred of evidence

What load of crap.

Now THESE are two things that the OLDLYINGTURD has a lot of firsthand experience with.
Now go beat the old lady t***.
FU t***.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1495 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 100  Next