Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 2:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Stop Allowing The Left To Set The Rules
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:29 am 

Quote:
Stop Allowing The Left To Set The Rules
American Thinker, by Lloyd Marcus

I am so sick of the Left being allowed to make the rules. Imagine the absurdity of a competition in which one side is allowed to set the rules against their opponent. The Left tells us what is racist. The Left tells us what we can and cannot say. The Left published a cartoon depicting former black Secretary of State Condolezza Rice as an Aunt Jemima; another depicted Rice as a huge-lipped parrot for her Massa Bush. Neither were considered racist by their creators or publishers, or even widely condemned on the Left.

In opposition to black Republican Michael Steele's campaign to run for U.S. Senate, a liberal blogger published a doctored photo of Steele in black face and big red lips made to look like a minstrel. The caption read, "Simple Sambo wants to move to the big house". Not one Democrat denounced these racist portrayals of black conservatives.

And yet, a sign seen at a tea party depicting Obama as a witch doctor is considered by the Left to be beyond the pale and obviously racist. Why is the Left, given their track record of bias, granted final authority to determine the intent of the sign? Why do we conservatives so quickly and easily allow ourselves to be put on the defensive?

The rules set by the Left are extremely clear. Racist images of black conservatives and negative images of Bush are fair game. Even a play about murdering President Bush was called "harmless art". Meanwhile, all unflattering images of Obama are racist, and constitute dangerous, potentially violent hate speech.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/09/ ... o_set.html

Post subject: Re: Stop Allowing The Left To Set The Rules
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:33 am 

Since that piece alludes to the media as "the left", don't you think we should ban all professional media?
We can get all our news from bloggers like yourself, and non-biased entertainers like Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:37 am 

Remember those "Question Authority" stickers the Liberals had stuck to their vehicles?

Try changing it to "Question Democrats" and watch them throw a conniption fit.

why can't you answer the questions Free?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:38 am 

freetime wrote:
Since that piece alludes to the media as "the left", don't you think we should ban all professional media?

Obama wants to BAIL OUT the goddamn media...

WHY???????

translation = take care of us and we'll take care of you.

crock of bullshit.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:40 am 

We can all see who's throwing a conniption fit here....LOL.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:42 am 

See, there ya go.
Glenn Beck is an authority to quote?
Doesn't that mean he is setting the rules
?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:48 am 

freetime wrote:
See, there ya go.
?

I see ....

Would you consider a cartoon of former Secretary of State Condolezza Rice made out to look like Aunt Jemima to be racist?

How about a doctored photo depicting BLACK Republican Michael Steele in black face and big red lips made to look like a minstrelblack?

would that be racist?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:48 am 

Speaking of Glenn Beck, move over Sarah.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:50 am 

edge540 wrote:
Speaking of Glenn Beck, move over Sarah.

We see where edge gets his ''news''

Just where the left wants him...

useful idiot...

Iran is pointing nukes at us and edge is worried about Sarah Palin...

USEFUL! idiot.

speaking of SNL

go over and see the your buddy the oldblowjobqueen...I hear he's praising Al Franken these days....

While Al Franken praises ACORN...

while ACORN promotes child prostitution and cheating the taxpayers.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:57 am 

Quote:
Iran is pointing nukes at us and edge is worried about Sarah Palin...

Wow, now that's a good one :mrgreen:

And thanks for bringing up Sarah Palin:
Quote:
Obama Leads Top GOP Contenders for 2012 in New Poll; Palin is Weakest Opponent; Romney Tops 2012 GOP Field
WASHINGTON, Aug. 25 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- A new nationwide poll of American voters shows President Obama leading major 2012 Republican presidential contenders. The survey, conducted by Clarus Research Group, a nonpartisan research firm based in Washington, D.C., shows Obama leading GOP challengers by margins ranging from 9 to 19 points.
In the poll, Obama led:
Mitt Romney, former governor of Massachusetts, by nine points: 47 percent to 38 percent, with 15 percent undecided.
Mike Huckabee, former governor of Arkansas, by 10 points: 48 percent to 38 percent, with 15 percent undecided.
Newt Gingrich, former speaker of the House, by 18 points: 52 percent to 34 percent, with 15 percent undecided.
Sarah Palin, former governor of Alaska, by 19 points: 53 percent to 34 percent, with 13 percent undecided

Yes, as you can see I'm worried :smt005

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:10 am 

freetime wrote:
See, there ya go.
?

why is it,...that none of you dims attack what Glen Beck says?

You just attack Beck's character ...never attempting to dispute what he says.

All you do is cry for censorship and boycotts because you don't like what he is saying about your messiah.

Why don't you try to refute what he is saying?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:33 am 

dumbass says:
Quote:
why is it,...that none of you dims attack what Glen Beck says?

You just attack Beck's character ...never attempting to dispute what he says

No problem, here's Glenn Beck being attacked for LYING

Beck lies every day & gullible morons believe every word he says:

Quote:
Beck: ‘I Was The Most Well-Researched Show’ On CNN, ‘They Forced Me To Document It’
During an interview with Time magazine’s Kate Pickert regarding his move to Fox News Channel, conservative talker Glenn Beck claimed that while he was a CNN, his show was “the most well-researched show on CNN”:

PICKERT: You gave up your show on CNN Headline News to launch a new talk show on Fox News in January. How will it be different?

BECK: I liked being over at CNN. … I also think they made me a better broadcaster because, believe me, I was the most well-researched show on CNN. They never let me get away with anything. At the time, it was like, come on guys, cut me some slack. But in retrospect…I know what I know because they forced me to document it.

In the intro to her writeup, Pickert appears to take Beck’s claim at face value. A cursory Google search, however, reveals that during his tenure at CNN, Beck’s show was fraught with exaggerated claims and outright falsehoods. In fact, it seems that no matter what politically-relevant topic Beck chose to discuss, we could count on Beck to get it wrong:

– On Taxes: Falsely claimed the U.S. is the “number two” highest taxed country in the world.

– On Energy: Falsely claimed “drilling in ANWR alone would yield 100 million barrels a day.”

– On Global Warming: Falsely claimed that “the globe was the hottest” and “America’s temperature peaked” in 1934.

– On Sub-prime Crisis: Falsely claimed that the sub-prime lenders were “blackmailed” into lending to the poor and minorities by community organizers.

– On The Iraq War: Falsely claimed that the U.S. “went into Iraq…to prevent World War III.”

– On the Middle East: Falsely claimed that Palestine is “being run now by Hezbollah,” President Abbas is an extremist.

– On Obama: Falsely claimed that Fidel Castro endorsed Obama’s candidacy.

Given Beck’s principled disregard for the facts, it’s no wonder that Sean Hannity recently welcomed beck to Fox News Channel saying, “You’re a perfect fit, a great addition to family“

Oh wait, here's Glenn being attacked again, LOL...for "what he says."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:25 am 

Did Beck lie about ACORN?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:02 am 

Of course he did & so does Fox Noise:

Outright lies & distortions from ClusterFox is nothing new:

Quote:
Latest fact-check fail: Fox News runs with claim that White House official worked for ACORN

September 29, 2009 5:28 pm ET
After Matthew Vadum wrote in The American Spectator that "[e]vidence shows that years before he joined the Obama administration," White House political affairs director Patrick Gaspard "was ACORN boss Bertha Lewis's political director in New York," Fox News seized on the blog post, asserting that -- in Sean Hannity's words -- "ACORN has somebody on the inside of the White House." However Politico's Ben Smith has since reported that the allegation "just isn't true" and that the White House has denied the American Spectator report; in its reporting, Fox News gave no indication that they attempted to fact-check the Spectator report or contact the White House for a response.

These lunatics lie all the time:
Quote:
Fox News' has previously skipped fact-check in rush to smear ACORN
Fox News reports fake murder story from ACORN video as fact. On September 15 and 16, Fox News devoted significant programming to conservative filmmaker James O'Keefe and Townhall.com columnist Hannah Giles' video of their interactions with an San Bernardino, California, ACORN worker who claimed that she had murdered her husband and gave advice on how to run a brothel. The ACORN employee stated after the video was released that she had merely been attempting to "shock them as much as they were shocking me." In running with the video, Fox News hosts frequently promoted the fake claim that the ACORN employee killed her husband without fact checking the allegation or indicating that they had contacted ACORN for a response. [Media Matters for America, 9/16/09]

San Bernardino PD: Investigators found ACORN employee's former husbands "alive and well." In a September 15 news release, which was repeatedly ignored by Fox News, the San Bernardino Police Department stated that the ACORN employee's claim that she shot and killed her husband "do[es] not appear to be factual."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:50 am 

edge540 wrote:

Quote:
Latest fact-check fail: Fox News runs with claim that White House official worked for ACORN

so nobody in the White House is connected to ACORN...is that your contention?