Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 419 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
 Post subject: Re: Obamacareâ„¢ Support Falls To New Lows
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:53 am 

Obama Regime Quietly Announces Net Loss Of At Least 3 Million Insurance Plans
Usually when the regime wants to hide/downplay news they release it on a Friday afternoon, this time the news is so bad they waited until Sunday morning.

Quote:
The White House used a Sunday morning statement to admit that only 1.1 million people have used the federal Obamacare website to sign up for the president’s healthcare network by Christmas Day.

News reports and advocacy websites say roughly 1 million people have enrolled with health-benefit companies via state websites, including 400,000 in California and 157,000 in New York, by the Dec. 24 deadline, which allows coverage starting Jan. 1.

The 2 million federal and state signups are roughly two-thirds the planned goal of 3.3 million enrollments by Dec. 31. They’re also only one-third of the 7 million customers sought by March 31.

The total reported signups are at least 3 million fewer than the 5 million people whose health-insurance policies were cancelled prior to Christmas by President Barack Obama’s ambitious tax-and-healthcare scheme.

The minus-3-million score is only partially offset by the extension of Medicaid coverage to perhaps 2 million other people, few of whom earn enough to afford commercial insurance.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:34 pm 

Hospitals Turning People With Obamacare Away Because They Can’t Tell If Their Plans Are Active
And so it begins.

Quote:
Hospital staff in Northern Virginia are turning away sick people on a frigid Thursday morning because they can’t determine whether their Obamacare insurance plans are in effect.

Patients in a close-in DC suburb who think they’ve signed up for new insurance plans are struggling to show their December enrollments are in force, and health care administrators aren’t taking their word for it.

In place of quick service and painless billing, these Virginians are now facing the threat of sticker-shock that comes with bills they can’t afford.

‘They had no idea if my insurance was active or not!’ a coughing Maria Galvez told MailOnline outside the Inova Healthplex facility in the town of Springfield.

She was leaving the building without getting a needed chest x-ray.

‘The people in there told me that since I didn’t have an insurance card, I would be billed for the whole cost of the x-ray,’ Galvez said, her young daughter in tow. ‘It’s not fair – you know, I signed up last week like I was supposed to.’

The x-ray’s cost, she was told, would likely be more than $500.

Galvez said she enrolled in a Carefirst Blue Cross bronze plan at a cost of about $450 per month through healthcare.gov, three days before Christmas.

‘No one has sent me a bill,’ she said.

A similar situation frustrated Mary, an African-American woman small businesswoman who asked MailOnline not to publish her last name. She was leaving the Inova Alexandria Hospital in Alexandria, Virginia with two family members.

‘I had chest pains last night, and they took me in the emergency room,’ Mary said. ‘They told me they were going to admit me, but when I told them I hadn’t heard from my insurance company since I signed up, they changed their tune.’

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:32 am 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
Hospitals Turning People With Obamacare Away Because They Can’t Tell If Their Plans Are Active
And so it begins.

Quote:
Hospital staff in Northern Virginia are turning away sick people on a frigid Thursday morning because they can’t determine whether their Obamacare insurance plans are in effect.

Patients in a close-in DC suburb who think they’ve signed up for new insurance plans are struggling to show their December enrollments are in force, and health care administrators aren’t taking their word for it.

In place of quick service and painless billing, these Virginians are now facing the threat of sticker-shock that comes with bills they can’t afford.

‘They had no idea if my insurance was active or not!’ a coughing Maria Galvez told MailOnline outside the Inova Healthplex facility in the town of Springfield.

She was leaving the building without getting a needed chest x-ray.

‘The people in there told me that since I didn’t have an insurance card, I would be billed for the whole cost of the x-ray,’ Galvez said, her young daughter in tow. ‘It’s not fair – you know, I signed up last week like I was supposed to.’

The x-ray’s cost, she was told, would likely be more than $500.

Galvez said she enrolled in a Carefirst Blue Cross bronze plan at a cost of about $450 per month through healthcare.gov, three days before Christmas.

‘No one has sent me a bill,’ she said.

A similar situation frustrated Mary, an African-American woman small businesswoman who asked MailOnline not to publish her last name. She was leaving the Inova Alexandria Hospital in Alexandria, Virginia with two family members.

‘I had chest pains last night, and they took me in the emergency room,’ Mary said. ‘They told me they were going to admit me, but when I told them I hadn’t heard from my insurance company since I signed up, they changed their tune.’

obamacare is the biggest scam of the century.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:00 pm 

Aetna CEO Says They May Pull Out of Obamacare Because It’s Not Attracting The Uninsured
According to their CEO, Obamacare is only drawing the previously insured who can now get taxpayer subsidized plans. The death spiral continues.

Quote:
Aetna CEO Mark Bertolini told CNBC on Wednesday that Obamacare has failed to attract the uninsured, and he offered a scenario in which the insurance company could be forced to pull out of program.

The company will be submitting Obamacare rates for 2015 on May 15.

“Are they going to be double-digit [increases] or are we going to get beat up because they’re double-digit or are we just going to have to pull out of the program?” Bertolini asked in a “Squawk Box” interview from the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. “Those questions can’t be answered until we see the population we have today. And we really don’t have a good view on that.”

He said that so far, Obamacare has just shifted people who were insured in the individual market to the public exchanges where they could get a better deal on a subsidy for coverage. “We see only 11 percent of the population is actually people that were firmly uninsured that are now insured. So [it] didn’t really eat into the uninsured population.”

For Obamacare to work better, it needs more flexibility and choice of insurance programs, Bertolini said. “We need to make it a lot more simpler for people. There needs to be more choice. When you get more choice, you make it more of a market and you get more people in the program.”

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:41 pm 

Hey Arc: good to see you are "keeping on"...i'm doing fine...Thanks for asking...LOL

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:18 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Hey Arc: good to see you are "keeping on"...i'm doing fine...Thanks for asking...LOL

Who are you trying to fool chucky?

You and the rest of the lefties have been in hiding since the Obacare train wreck rolled out in October...Heh!

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:31 pm 

While the ACA really doesn't affect me, I think it was the right thing to do...and with some additional tweaking it will be fine. Too bad your fellow repubs refused to provide any input in writing of it, so now they are crying like little bitches...but on the positive side your fellow state rethuglicans are making Indiana into the new Mississippi and providing a lot of fodder for the comedians.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:46 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
[color=#0000BFToo bad your fellow repubs refused to provide any input in writing of it/color]

Now everybody knows just how ignorant you are.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:22 pm 

Yeah, Chuckie, what a train wreck your leader caused. My daughter and son-in-law get to pay a penalty because of the lack of medical insurance.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:44 am 

Tiger1 wrote:
Yeah, Chuckie, what a train wreck your leader caused. My daughter and son-in-law get to pay a penalty because of the lack of medical insurance.
Or they could take responsibility for their own healthcare and sign up for insurance.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:26 am 

sparks wrote:
Tiger1 wrote:
Or they could take responsibility for their own healthcare and sign up for insurance.
Amazing how things never change.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:42 pm 

Tiger1 wrote:

Well you can thank our illustrious governor for part of that:
Quote:
Recently in his State of the State address, Governor Pence reaffirmed his opposition to expanding Medicaid in Indiana.1
it's hard to fathom why he is doing this—except out of spite—since expanding Medicaid would be a huge bargain for Indiana (100% of the costs would be borne by the federal government through 2016, and 90% thereafter), and 181,930 residents would benefit, according to an estimate from the Kaiser Family Foundation.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:44 pm 

LoisLane wrote:
Amazing how things never change.

Absolutely true!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:45 pm 

Liberal Dem Rep. Jim Moran Admits Obamacare In Death Spiral, “I Don’t Think We’re Getting Enough Young People Signing Up To Make It Work”

A rare moment of honesty from one of the biggest hacks in Congress.

Quote:
Congressman Jim Moran (D-Va.) is voicing concern that the entirety Affordable Care Act could unravel because not enough young people are signing up.

More than 40,000 Virginians signed up for health insurance on the federal exchange last month. Only 27 percent of those were young adults — the group needed to fund the new system. Moran says he doesn’t think those numbers are going to get much better.

“I’m afraid that the millennials, if you will, are less likely to sign up. I think they feel more independent, I think they feel a little more invulnerable than prior generations,” Moran says. “But I don’t think we’re going to get enough young people signing up to make this bill work as it was intended to financially.”

If Moran’s prediction is correct, the whole law could unravel. He says there just isn’t enough incentive for healthy young people to sign up for insurance.

“And, frankly, there’s some legitimacy to their concern because the government spends about $7 for the elderly for every $1 it spends on the young,” Moran says.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:46 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Tiger1 wrote:

Well you can thank our illustrious governor for part of that:
Quote:
Recently in his State of the State address, Governor Pence reaffirmed his opposition to expanding Medicaid in Indiana.1
it's hard to fathom why he is doing this—except out of spite—since expanding Medicaid would be a huge bargain for Indiana (100% of the costs would be borne by the federal government through 2016, and 90% thereafter), and 181,930 residents would benefit, according to an estimate from the Kaiser Family Foundation.

This is too funny...as I was comparing how the rethuglicans are turning this state into Mississippi, Sunday's Times confirmed it! In the forum section it compares the state of Indiana and Mississippi in health care for their citizens...and guess what we are very comparable to Mississippi...So tiger when you complain about your relatives not having health insurance you can thank your political party of choice...A few excerpts:

Comparing Indiana, Mississippi
Mississippi is often rated at or near the bottom on the list on a number of measures. So how does Indiana compare with Mississippi on various health issues?

Quote:
Overall health rank
Mississippi: 50
Indiana: 41

Obesity
Mississippi: 49
Indiana: 43

Smoking
Mississippi: 44
Indiana: 44

Diabetes
Indiana: 40

Air pollution
Mississippi: 33
Indiana: 49

Cancer deaths
Indiana: 42

Cardiovascular deaths
Indiana: 39

Infant mortality
Indiana: 45

Lack of health insurance
Mississippi: 34
Indiana: 16

Physical inactivity
Mississippi: 48
Indiana: 41

Premature death
Indiana: 39

Public health funding
Mississippi: 32
Indiana: 48

Heart disease
Mississippi: 38
Indiana: 43

High blood pressure
Indiana: 36

Median household income
Indiana: 37
Preterm birth

Source: http://www.americashealthrankings.org/rankings

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 419 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next