Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: ClimateGate reveals 'questionable scientific practices'
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:43 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=-, another clueless conservative idiot who voted for the republican assholes who voted in favor of big oil, Richard Lugar and Dan Coats.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:12 pm 

edge540 wrote:
-={ARCLIGHT}=-, another clueless conservative idiot who voted for the republican assholes who voted in favor of big oil, Richard Lugar and Dan Coats.

I'l take that over being stupid enough to vote for a empty suit community organizer Chicago politician for President.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:37 am 

edge540 wrote:
comedian wrote:
Dear idiot...I do not always vote for republicans!

Please name any democrate you voted for.
You're the conservative idiot who voted for the republican assholes who voted in favor of big oil, Richard Lugar and Dan Coats.

Cap and trade does not exist, moron.

I've voted for dems on the local level many times. Who it was is none of your business. Back in the day, I voted for Carter. After him destroying the country, that was it. Hey....I liked Obama at first.. :shock: He was going to renegotiate NAFTA and be transparent. Sure he was, sure he was...as one looked into his marxist back ground...one can tell he was a classic liar...apparent to anyone with a brain. Anymore I ask ....where are the dems...where are the conservative repubs ? That is why you hate the Tea Party group and try to paint them as right wing extremists. We should listen to Frank Luntz should we? Great....more Chris Christy's! I don't think so pal.

Cap and trade exists...azzhole. Obama is using the EPA and the Clean Air Act to circumvent congress. Look it up moron! :lol: :smt006

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:26 am 

Like I said, you're the conservative idiot who voted for the republican assholes who voted in favor of big oil, Richard Lugar and Dan Coats.
Only an an imbecile would vote against their own best interests. Imbeciles never did have a problem breathing in pollution and drinking polluted water.

Quote:
We should listen to Frank Luntz should we?

Nope, no way, by all means you should keep on listening to Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and Mark Levin, pal. :smt005 :smt006 :smt005

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:35 pm 

My interest is in keeping government out of my life. My interest is to not rely on the government.

Keep voting for your best interest.... :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt006

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9105

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:09 pm 

comedian wrote:
My interest is in keeping government out of my life. My interest is to not rely on the government.

Keep voting for your best interest.... :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt006

http://www.northwestindiana.com/discuss ... f=7&t=9105

That and I want to keep as much of my earnings as I can, rather to pay more and more for a larger government.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:10 pm 

comedian wrote:

Right, conservative mouth-breathing baggers hate big government, except of course when they need it and beg for it.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:55 am 

edge540 wrote:
comedian wrote:

Right, conservative mouth-breathing baggers hate big government, except of course when they need it and beg for it.

From your beloved HP:
Quote:
Texas Sen. Ted Cruz lambasted the Sandy Aid package, voting against the measure in January. Cruz issued a statement explaining that he voted against the aid because it included a number of spending measures that were not related to disaster relief, including "Smithsonian repairs, upgrades to National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration airplanes, and more funding for Head Start."

I think your HP left out that once all the extra crap spending was cut....it passed... :smt006

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:06 pm 

Experts: CO2 record illustrates 'scary' trend
Quote:
The chief greenhouse gas was measured Thursday at 400 parts per million in Hawaii, a monitoring site that sets the world's benchmark. It's a symbolic mark that scientists and environmentalists have been anticipating for years.

Quote:
It took 7,000 years for carbon dioxide to reach 80 ppm, Tans said. Because of the burning of fossil fuels, such as oil and coal, carbon dioxide levels have gone up by that amount in just 55 years.

http://news.yahoo.com/experts-co2-record-illustrates-scary-trend-205501473.html

"You don't fool with Mother Nature..."

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:32 pm 

UN’s Latest Solution To Stop Global Warming: Eat Bugs
Who doesn’t love deep fried crickets with a side of ants?

Quote:
ROME (AP) — The U.N. has new weapons to fight hunger, boost nutrition and reduce pollution, and they might be crawling or flying near you right now: edible insects.

The Food and Agriculture Organization on Monday hailed the likes of grasshoppers, ants and other members of the insect world as an underutilized food for people, livestock and pets.

A 200-page report, released at a news conference at the U.N. agency’s Rome headquarters, says 2 billion people worldwide already supplement their diets with insects, which are high in protein and minerals, and have environmental benefits.

Insects are “extremely efficient” in converting feed into edible meat, the agency said. On average, they can convert 2 kilograms (4.4 pounds) of feed into 1 kilogram (2.2 pounds) of insect mass. In comparison, cattle require 8 kilograms (17.6 pounds) of feed to produce a kilo of meat.

Most insects are likely to produce fewer environmentally harmful greenhouse gases, and also feed on human and food waste, compost and animal slurry, with the products being used for agricultural feed, the agency said.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:51 pm 

Trends Indicate Global Warming Models “Fundamentally Wrong”
No, you don't freaking say...

I wonder how shameful it must feel like to have ever fallen for this obvious scam in the first place.

Quote:
In an interview with the German news publication Der Spiegel, meteorologist Hans von Storch said that scientists are so puzzled by the 15-year standstill in global warming that if the trend continues their models could be “fundamentally wrong.”

“If things continue as they have been, in five years, at the latest, we will need to acknowledge that something is fundamentally wrong with our climate models,” Storch told Der Spiegel. “A 20-year pause in global warming does not occur in a single modeled scenario. But even today, we are finding it very difficult to reconcile actual temperature trends with our expectations.”

Environmentalists have been increasingly calling on President Obama to address global warming before it becomes irreversible. The World Bank reported that global temperatures could rise by 4 degrees Celsius over the next century if greenhouse gas emissions aren’t brought under control. Many world leaders are committed to limit the increase to 2 degrees Celsius.

“The scientists tell us that if the world warms by two degrees Centigrade (3.6 degrees Fahrenheit) — warming which may be reached in 20 to 30 years — that will cause widespread food shortages, unprecedented heat waves, and more intense cyclones,” said World Bank president Jim Yong Kim in a statement.

Yet global warming skeptics have pointed to a halt in global warming about 15 years ago. Climate scientists have recently started lowering their warming forecasts.

“There are two conceivable explanations — and neither is very pleasant for us,” said Storch. “The first possibility is that less global warming is occurring than expected because greenhouse gases, especially CO2, have less of an effect than we have assumed. This wouldn’t mean that there is no man-made greenhouse effect, but simply that our effect on climate events is not as great as we have believed.”

“The other possibility is that, in our simulations, we have underestimated how much the climate fluctuates owing to natural causes,” Storch added.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:53 pm 

New Peer-Reviewed Study Finds Threat of Global Warming Greatly Exaggerated By UN Climate Change Group
Also known as the least shocking report of all time.

Quote:
A peer-reviewed climate change study released Wednesday by the Nongovernmental International Panel on Climate Change finds the threat of man-made global warming to be not only greatly exaggerated but so small as to be “embedded within the background variability of the natural climate system” and not dangerous.

Armed with the new findings, Republicans on the House Energy and Commerce Committee grilled administration environmental policy officials about the economic consequences of its aggressive regulatory crackdown on the fossil fuel industry.

The 1,000 page study was the work of 47 scientists and scholars examining many of the same journals and studies that the United Nations International Panel on Climate Change (UNIPCC) examined, producing entirely different conclusions.

“This volume provides the scientific balance that is missing from the overly alarmist reports from the IPCC, which are highly selective in their review of climate science,” the authors write.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:47 am 

Climate Change Moonbats “Record Ice Growth Doesn’t Mean Global Warming Isn’t Real”
Party of science and free thought. More like the party of abstract worthless thought and pot brownies.

Quote:
Climate change skeptics shouldn’t get their hopes up by the reported increase this year in sea ice on the surface of the Arctic Ocean. It isn’t a sign that global warming is abating or was a mere fantasy concocted by environment-obsessed hand-wringers.

The extent of sea ice is still the sixth lowest on record and would have been a record low in 2006, according to data from the National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC).

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:52 am 

Despite Doom And Gloom Predictions By Global Warming Fanatics, Antarctic Sea Ice Hits 35-Year Record High
Talk about "denial". The only winds that have gotten stronger is the hot gases coming from the Gorebots

Quote:
Antarctic sea ice has grown to a record large extent for a second straight year, baffling scientists seeking to understand why this ice is expanding rather than shrinking in a warming world.

On Saturday, the ice extent reached 19.51 million square kilometers, according to data posted on the National Snow and Ice Data Center Web site. That number bested record high levels set earlier this month and in 2012 (of 19.48 million square kilometers). Records date back to October 1978.

But no one seems to have a conclusive answer as to why winds are behaving this way.

“I haven’t seen a clear explanation yet of why the winds have gotten stronger,” Zhang told Michael Lemonick of Climate Central.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:20 pm 

Carbon Credits Market Collapses
Al Gore hardest hit.

Quote:
At least 10 London banks have scaled back or closed their carbon trading desks amid turmoil in the European emissions trading scheme.

The fledgling market was once seen as a promising growth area, with the City of London Corporation predicting in 2006 that London would become the leading provider of services to the “mushrooming” sector.

But the number of City workers employed on carbon desks has fallen by 70 per cent in the past four years, according to Anthony Hobley, president of the Climate Markets & Investors Association.

P.J. O'Rourke

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next