Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 9:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: And remember, Michelle said WE ALL have to tighten our belts
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:37 pm 

Talk about a bullshit story...

470 Gs probably covered her clothes,food and the bar bill...

Quote:
Michelle Obama's Spain vacation
cost taxpayers nearly $470G,
watchdog group claims

FoxNews.com

First lady Michelle Obama's 2010 trip to Spain cost taxpayers nearly $470,000, according to a conservative watchdog group that obtained Secret Service records from the overseas excursion.

That trip, which the first lady took with her younger daughter Sasha, drew widespread criticism at the time -- as the visuals of the first lady in an elegant Mediterranean setting clashed with the still-struggling U.S. economy.

Judicial Watch, which filed a Freedom of Information Act request, claimed Thursday that documents show the trip cost at least $467,585.

Those costs are split between Secret Service expenses and expenses for the flight and flight crew.

Secret Service costs totaled nearly $255,000, according to Judicial Watch.

Based on Pentagon estimates of flight costs, another $199,000 went toward the flight from the United States to Mallorca and back. On top of that were various expenses for the 15-person flight crew. They stayed at a local motel at a cost of roughly $10,000, according to Judicial Watch, in addition to money spent on rental cars and food.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/04 ... z1tBlMeDRY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:29 pm 

Swing State Dems Angry At Obamas Over Lavish Taxpayer-Funded Vacations

Quote:
He and several other top-tier Republican pollsters, organized by Resurgent Republic, traveled to 11 battleground states to host focus groups of independent and swing voters, mostly Democrats, who voted for President Obama in 2008 but who are now on the fence.

McLaughlin handled blue collar and Catholic voters in Pittsburgh on April 3 and Cleveland on March 20. He found that they are very depressed about the economy and feel that their tax dollars are being sucked up by both the rich and those living on government assistance.

During the focus group discussions about debt and spending cuts, many in his group volunteered criticism of the presidential vacations as something that should be cut. Among the lines McLaughlin wrote down was one from a Democratic woman who said, “Michelle Obama spends $1 million to take the kids to Hawaii,” and another who said, “President Obama was the only president to take so many trips.”

The theme, said McLaughlin, is that the first family “is out of touch” with working class voters.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:30 pm 

Shared Sacrifice: Queen Michelle Sporting $3,000 Sweaters
Today the LMSM lapdogs are all over Ann Romney for wearing a $990 sweater during a TV appearance, oddly the same media doesn’t seem to notice Mooch’s love of L’Wren Scott sweaters ranging from $2,000 to $3,300.

Quote:
The first closet has increasingly become a subject of interest since Michelle Obama swept fashionably into the White House in her Jason Wu ball gown.

Yesterday, Ann Romney’s clothes stole the spotlight as she wore a fashionable top on Tuesday for an appearance with her husband on CBS “This Morning.” Politico reported that the Reed Krakoff shirt would “cost you a pretty penny,” at $990.

But Mrs. Romney will need to step up her fashion game if she wants to fill the shoes of Mrs. Obama.

In March, the first lady visited her British counterpart Samantha Cameron wearing a L’Wren Scott sweater in a trendy bright yellow hue. The embellished cardigan costs$2,720.

The first lady’s favorite embellished cardigans from L’Wren Scott range from $2,095 to $3,320. Plain cashmere-blend cardigans from the brand start at $910.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:48 am 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
Today the LMSM lapdogs are all over Ann Romney for wearing a $990 sweater during a TV appearance, oddly the same media doesn’t seem to notice Mooch’s love of L’Wren Scott sweaters ranging from $2,000 to $3,300.

what do you say edge?

you had a meltdown over Ann Romneys clothes....

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:50 am 

I guess Mitten's wife didn't get your memo....

Ann Romney's $990 T-shirt is indicative of a tone-deaf campaign

http://home.topnewstoday.org/home/article/2158882/

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:07 am 

Moby Grape wrote:
-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:

what do you say edge?

edge?...anything to say?

or do slomo and storks have to cover for you this time?

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:17 am 

Even if I could afford clothes like that, i don't think my frugal upbringing would let me buy them!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:59 am 

Thank a DEMOCRAT for this...

Quote:
Ark. congressman wants to
disconnect $1 billion free
cell phone program

Daily Caller, by Alexis Levinson

No one likes paying cell phone bills. What if you could get a free phone with a calling plan whose cost was paid by the federal government? What if you could have eight free cell phones? You can, and people do, Rep. Tim Griffin told The Daily Caller. The annual bill runs over $1 billion, and he’s trying to stop it.

The federal government started the Lifeline program to provide phones to low-income Americans. It originally provided only landlines, but cell phones were added several years ago.

“That’s when the program absolutely exploded and has become a nightmare,” Griffin said in a phone interview with TheDC. Calling it “Uncle Sam’s unlimited plan,” the Arkansas Republican has proposed a bill that would scale back the program to its original form: landlines only.

“People are not only getting [one free cell phone], they’re getting multiples. There are reports of people getting 10, 20, 30 — just routinely getting more than one, selling them, storing them up, whatever,” Griffin said.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/05/06/ariz- ... e-program/

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:02 pm 

Shouldn't the phones be programmed to only call 911?

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:13 pm 

I agree. The cell phones should be free, but only dial 911. OTOH, any cell phone, even if their is no service, is supposed to be able to dial 911.
The cell phones are free, and come with 250 free minutes a month. The landline phone subsidy is about $8 a month off your bill, not a free phone. This is why the free cell phones are popular, but the subsidized landlines are not.
IMO, if someone wants a cell phone for emergencies, they can get one like I have. I have an old phone with a Boost prepaid. I get 50 minutes that are good for 3 months, and it only costs me $10 every 3 months.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:49 pm 

Moby Grape wrote:
Thank a DEMOCRAT for this...

Quote:
Ark. congressman wants to
disconnect $1 billion free
cell phone program

Daily Caller, by Alexis Levinson

Not true...
Cited from this link...The President did not have anything to do with it...It was started during the Raygun admin....and administered by the FCC...Typical Rethug revisionist history to suit their needs....

http://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/cellphone.asp

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:31 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
It was started during the Raygun admin

I don't remember cellphones back in the 1980's.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:44 pm 

Physicians Group Asks Food Nazi Michelle Obama To Stop Being Photographed Eating Junk Food
But she’s so good at being a hypocrite.

Quote:
First Lady Michelle Obama is on a mission to get our kids to eat healthy, but every now and then she is known to indulge on a cheeseburger or other food that is not so good for the body.

A few years ago she made a lunch run with staff to a Five Guys inWashington, D.C.

Well, a physicians group said this is a no-no and wants Michelle Obama and the rest of the first family not to be photographed eating unhealthy foods.

The Physicans Committee for Responsible Medicine said that President Obama has posed in a number of staged photos eating unhealthy foods, including hot dogs at a basketball game with British Prime Minister David Cameron. He and Vice President Joe Biden were spotted making a stop at Ray’s Hell Burger in Virginia and eating cheeseburgers with Russian President Dmitry Medvedev.

The group said Obama’s staff would never schedule a photo opp of the president smoking a cigarette, so why eating a piece of pizza?

The group plans to file a petition later this week asking the White House to issue an executive order banning staged photos of the president, his family the vice president and members of the president’s cabinet eating unhealthy foods.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:29 pm 

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:18 pm 

Obama Uses $185,000 Per Hour Air Force One To Fly 90 Miles For Campaign Event
Quote:
President Obama Saturday commissioned Air Force One to travel to a campaign rally near Richmond, Virginia, a location only 90 miles away from the White House, highlighting the large expenses being borne by taxpayers as the president traverses the country to campaign and raise cash for a campaign that is failing to meet its fundraising goals.

The cost of flying Air Force One is currently about $180,000 per hour, according to ABC News. Only a portion of the cost is borne by the campaign.

With a cruising speed of around 130 mph, Obama’s Marine One chopper could easily have had the president at his location in 45 minutes at far lower cost. Obama had to use Marine One anyway to ferry him from the White House to Andrews Air Force Base, where he boarded his jet.

P.J. O'Rourke

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next