Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Jun 22, 2024 7:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: The Left Responds
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:06 am 

Norman Lear’s debating style is nearly as cogent as that of the lefties on this forum.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/norman-le ... 42446.html
Yesterday, driving to work I listened to Rush Limbaugh read a letter he'd written to President Obama. I listen to Limbaugh because he reminds me of the carnival barkers of my youth, men who were selling elixirs, snake oil, or inviting you for an extra 50 cents to check out the half man/half woman in the secreted tent. They were quaint and harmless compared to the barking Limbaugh who yesterday would have us believe -- he actually said this! -- the President was seeking to destroy the country so that he might then save it.
The rest of the day, last night, and this morning I couldn't stop thinking about the ugly, vindictive, dispiriting and reprehensible things barker Limbaugh had to say about our President. I ached to answer him but couldn't find the words. And then I remembered a scene in an episode of All In The Family when Maude, who later starred in her own series, came to visit Archie. Archie was sitting in his chair. Maude was standing beside him and they were fighting about the legacy of Franklin Delano Roosevelt. Finally, Archie who was rewriting history in this argument said something so misguided and distasteful that Maude could not find the words to respond with. All but choking with frustration, her entire body seemingly ready to burst, all she could say was: "You're Fat!"
After a lifetime of trying to reach the El Rushbos of my life, all I can say is: "You're FAT!"

Barack Obama

Post subject: Re: The Left Responds
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:38 am 

happy jack wrote:
Norman Lear’s debating style is nearly as cogent as that of the lefties on this forum.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/norman-le ... 42446.html
Yesterday, driving to work I listened to Rush Limbaugh read a letter he'd written to President Obama. I listen to Limbaugh because he reminds me of the carnival barkers of my youth, men who were selling elixirs, snake oil, or inviting you for an extra 50 cents to check out the half man/half woman in the secreted tent. They were quaint and harmless compared to the barking Limbaugh who yesterday would have us believe -- he actually said this! -- the President was seeking to destroy the country so that he might then save it.
The rest of the day, last night, and this morning I couldn't stop thinking about the ugly, vindictive, dispiriting and reprehensible things barker Limbaugh had to say about our President. I ached to answer him but couldn't find the words. And then I remembered a scene in an episode of All In The Family when Maude, who later starred in her own series, came to visit Archie. Archie was sitting in his chair. Maude was standing beside him and they were fighting about the legacy of Franklin Delano Roosevelt. Finally, Archie who was rewriting history in this argument said something so misguided and distasteful that Maude could not find the words to respond with. All but choking with frustration, her entire body seemingly ready to burst, all she could say was: "You're Fat!"
After a lifetime of trying to reach the El Rushbos of my life, all I can say is: "You're FAT!"

When liberals cannot refute the message they resort to personal attacks.

Except in the case of sparky...he's just fat.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke