Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 'transparent' administration
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:31 pm 

Obama's Transparent Presidency: Weekly YouTube Addresses
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/14/obamas-transparent-presid_n_143805.html

now

Quote:
Obama freezes local reporters out of S.F. event
San Francisco Chronicle, by Joe Garofoli

President Obama is scheduled to appear before hundreds of donors at a $7,500-a-plate noontime fundraiser today at San Francisco's W Hotel - but not a single local reporter will be allowed inside to cover his only stop in the area, the White House said Monday.

Coverage instead is being restricted to a small pool of Washington-based reporters - a move that is a sharp departure from the practices of past administrations, political observers said.

Three former top White House press aides called the move insular and politically short-sighted. And some press watchers said it is hypocritical for an administration that Obama promised would be "the most transparent in history."

The White House declined Monday to say why no local reporters would be allowed to attend today's event, nor whether the ban on local media was part of a new national policy.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... z1borYZEGJ

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:59 am 

Quote:
Exposed! Obama's Secret Life
National Enquirer

President OBAMA’s shadowy past could doom his future, The ENQUIRER has learned.

A blockbuster new book rips the lid off President Barack Obama’s darkest se­crets – and could doom his bid to win a second term in the White House!

The explosive tell-all by take-no-prisoners blogger Mondo Frazier reveals the command­er in chief is a “chain-smok­ing wreck” who could be hooked on prescrip­tion drugs, and claims he may have spied for the CIA in col­lege.

“I’ve uncovered that Presi­dent Obama has spent over $2 million in legal fees to keep the details of his past hidden,” Frazier told The ENQUIRER. “This new book will surely impact his re-election campaign.”

In “The Secret Life of Barack Hussein Obama,” published by Simon & Schuster’s Threshold Editions press, Frazier alleges President Obama could have been a “CIA double agent” when he was a student at Columbia University.

That may be the reason why Obama re­fuses to release his Columbia records, ac­cording to Frazier, who also discloses that former National Se­curity Agency employee Wayne Madsen has discov­ered CIA files directly linked to this secret.

In another bombshell, Frazier claims a clandestine effort is already underway to prevent Obama’s re-elec­tion, with “a team of ex-CIA officers…traveling the globe assembling a dossier of documents on Obama’s past, in­cluding his education, passport, travel and resi­dency records.”

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebri ... fe-exposed

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:30 am 

while the useful idiots busy themselves with Sarah Palins emails and Herman Cain sex life.

Quote:
Case of slain border agent's killers sealed in court
Arizona Daily Star, by Tim Steller

The case against the alleged killers of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry has disappeared from federal court records, apparently sealed by a federal judge.

In May, federal prosecutors won an indictment against Manuel Osorio-Arellanes and others, and they announced it with a press release. Only Osorio-Arellanes’ name was visible in the indictment, but there were blacked-out words where other defendants’ names go.

Osorio-Arellanes was charged with second-degree murder and was not considered the likely shooter. He had been wounded during the gunfight that left Terry dead.

But in the ensuing months, the case disappeared from court records.

Why? Nobody is saying.

Asked about the case, Debra Hartman, spokeswoman for the U.S. Attorney’s Office in San Diego, which is prosecuting the case, said via email: “Yes, our office is handling the case and can’t comment further.”

Brandon Judd, president of the National Border Patrol Council’s local 2544, said agents have grown frustrated with the lack of transparency in the case.

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/crime/c ... 002e0.html

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:13 am 

You'll never catch UNedgeUKATED or chuckslow making a comment on this topic.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:50 pm 

Image wrote:

edge540 wrote:

Obama wins in 2012

http://204.2.104.194/discussionforum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3557&p=136191&hilit=2012#p136191

As Christie said of N∅bama, "What the hell are we paying you for."

Quote:
Obama Admin Seals Records
of Murdered Border Patrol
Agent Implicated in Fast
and Furious

Weekly Standard, by Mark Hemingway

And to think that Attorney General Eric Holder is getting testy about congressional calls for his resignation. After all, the Justice Department has nothing to hide, right?:

The Obama Administration has abruptly sealed court records containing alarming details of how Mexican drug smugglers murdered a U.S. Border patrol agent with a gun connected to a failed federal experiment that allowed firearms to be smuggled into Mexico.

This means information will now be kept from the public as well as the media. Could this be a cover-up on the part of the “most transparent” administration in history? After all, the rifle used to kill the federal agent (Brian Terry) last December in Arizona’s Peck Canyon was part of the now infamous Operation Fast and Furious. Conducted by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), the disastrous scheme allowed guns to be smuggled into Mexico so they could eventually be traced to drug cartels.

Link via Judicial Watch. The murder of a U.S. Border Patrol agent is related to the Justice Department willingly turning over thousands of guns to Mexican criminal gangs, and Obama administration is hiding information about his death from the public. Amazing.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/oba ... 10783.html

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:15 pm 

Carney: We’re Not Hiding That Obama Is Engaged In “Some Campaign Activities,” We’re Just Blocking The Press From Covering It

Q And just one final question. Any reason why you kept cameras away from the President visiting his campaign reelection headquarters?

MR. CARNEY: It was an OTR. I think it was a brief -- a brief drop-by.

Q You guys love when we cover OTRs at delis, at barbeque restaurants.

MR. CARNEY: I think this was --

Q Campaign reelection headquarters, that’s not --

MR. CARNEY: -- on the fly and brief. The President was very gratified to have the opportunity. I think it underscores the point I’ve been trying to make from here in answer to questions about the President’s reelection campaign, which is that he is here in Washington focused on doing his job as President. He is --

Q So you weren’t concerned that pictures of this would make it look otherwise?

MR. CARNEY: Well, no. I mean, look, he obviously had campaign events last night in Chicago that you all covered. I mean, we’re not hiding the fact that he is engaged in some campaign activities. But as a --

Q A little bit. You try to minimize it.

MR. CARNEY: Mark, I try and tell you -- give you the facts, which is, the fact is, the President’s reelection campaign isn’t across the river in Rosslyn, isn’t in Washington. It’s in Chicago, halfway across the country. And that reflects the President --

Q And Chuck’s point is that if he makes a rare visit to his campaign headquarters --

MR. CARNEY: Well, look, we can debate campaign access. We made clear that he went there. We made clear that he -- you guys come into his -- pools come into his -- when he speaks at these campaign events and will continue to do so.

We release, the campaign releases information about its campaign goals. And we’re not -- we’re obviously -- there is a robust effort underway, based in Chicago, to ensure that this President is reelected so that he can continue to take action to help the American economy grow, to help it create jobs, to protect the middle class and protect the country as a matter of national security. So we’re not at all shy about that.

Q Can I follow up on Chuck’s question?

MR. CARNEY: Let me move around. Julia.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:01 am 

dumfuk540 wrote:
the phony solyndra scandal

Quote:
White House got heads up on Solyndra’s
pending layoff announcements

Washington Post, by Carol D. Leonnig and Joe Stephens

Senior White House officials were warned that solar-panel-maker Solyndra planned to announce layoffs just before the hotly contested November 2010 midterm elections, newly released e-mails show. The White House also got advance notice that the company had agreed to postpone delivering the politically damaging news, according to the e-mails provided Friday by a government source. Energy Department officials persuaded the company to delay the announcement until after Election Day. The newly released e-mails show the White House fretting about the bad news that was coming and discussing how to handle media questions

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ ... story.html

Nothing but lies, distortions, half truths and misdirections from this worthless administration.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:32 pm 

Carney Dodges Question About Obama's College Transcripts: 'I Would Refer You To The Campaign'

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:56 pm 

Quote:
Carney Dodges Question About
Obama's College Transcripts:
"I Would Refer You To The Campaign
"
Real Clear Politics

White House press secretary Jay Carney is asked why President Obama hasn't released his college transcripts. Carney dodges the question and tells the reporter, Ed Henry of FOX News, to ask the campaign.

Carney then talks about candidates and releasing their tax returns.

Ed Henry, FOX News: "I don't know how many years, maybe you do, George Romney released of his college transcripts, but Republicans like to complain that the President has not released his college transcripts. What is the stated reason for that?"

Jay Carney, White House: "I would refer you to the campaign.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... paign.html

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:27 am 

Quote:
President Obama's muddy transparency record
Politico, by Josh Gerstein

President Barack Obama set a high bar for open government, and he set it quickly. A minute after he took office, the White House website declared his administration would become “the most open and transparent in history.” By the end of his first full day on the job, Obama had issued high-profile orders pledging “a new era” and “an unprecedented level of openness” across the massive federal government. But three years into his presidency, critics say Obama’s administration has failed to deliver the refreshing blast of transparency that the president promised.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0312/73606.html

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:10 pm 

Quote:
Obama Administration Seeks
More Secrecy for Govt. Files

New American, by Joe Wolverton II

March 16 is the birthday of James Madison, known as the "Father of the Constitution." Several years ago, the American Society of News Editors initiated a program called Sunshine Week, intended to coincide with the birthday of this illustrious Founding Father. The purpose of Sunshine Week was "to educate the public about the importance of open government and the dangers of excessive and unnecessary secrecy." (Snip) In testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Tuesday, Justice Department Director of the Office of Information Policy, Melanie Ann Pustay (pictured above), called on Congress to weaken the Freedom of Information of Act

http://thenewamerican.com/usnews/politi ... govt-files

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:11 am 

FINALLY!!!!

Quote:
$10,000 bounty offered online
for Obama college transcripts

Daily Caller, by Jason Howerton

The Daily Caller has identified the owner of a website that promised on Tuesday to pay $10,000 to anyone who can provide an authentic copy of President Barack Obama’s course transcripts from his days at Occidental College, Harvard University or Columbia University.

Although its one-page website is presented anonymously, conservative blogger Brooks Bayne confirmed to The Daily Caller that he is responsible for it.

Bayne told TheDC that a group of eight people – including some he called “recognizable” figures – are coordinating the effort to make Obama’s college transcripts public, Bayne told The Daily Caller. He declined to name any of them.

“We are doing this because we are tired of the media not doing their job,” he said. ”We are tired of the PR propaganda coming out of places like Media Matters, and we are tired of this administration stonewalling over things like Fast and Furious.”

“We are tired of a lot of things.”

But like right-leaning groups in Washington, D.C., Bayne believes media outlets have given President Obama a free pass on his personal history. And because academic records are an indication of a candidate’s intellect and seriousness, he said, Obama’s college transcripts are fair game,

READ MORE
http://dailycaller.com/2012/05/01/10000 ... anscripts/

Obama..."Mr Transparency"

Birth records from Hawaii - SEALED

College admissions and transcripts from Occidental College - SEALED

College admissions and transcripts from Columbia University - SEALED

College admissions and transcripts from Harvard University - SEALED

Records of his editorial writings from Harvard Law Review- SEALED

Medical Records- SEALED

Selective Service registration - SEALED

Illinois Legislative Calendar - SEALED

List of clients as private attorney - SEALED

Records of non for profit organizations - SEALED

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 11:15 am 

House GOP demands Holder cooperate with investigators

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 2:56 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
House GOP demands Holder cooperate with investigators

Quote:
The Washington Times is a daily broadsheet newspaper published in Washington, D.C., the capital of the United States. It was founded in 1982 by Unification Church founder Sun Myung Moon.

...biased source

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 6:56 am 

Quote:
Rev. Wright urged to stay silent until after 2012
Washington Examiner [DC[, by Byron York

Rev. Jeremiah Wright, whose "God damn America" sermon set off a firestorm during the 2008 campaign, agreed not to publish an account of the episode until after President Obama's 2012 re-election campaign, according to an interview Wright conducted with the author of a new book on Obama. Wright said he made the decision at the urging of a friend and mentor, the prominent University of Chicago emeritus professor Martin Marty.

In the interview, Wright told Ed Klein, author of The Amateur: Barack Obama in the White House, that he keeps a cardboard box of documents and notes detailing his experiences beginning in March 2008, when the controversy over his sermons began. "It's a painful box to look at," Wright said.

"Marty had me over to his home for dinner in January [2010]," Wright told Klein. "He said to me, 'Are you keeping notes on what's happened to you in this Obama campaign?' I said, 'Yes, sir, I am.' He said, 'Don't publish it until after the next election. They'll think it's sour grapes. Wait until after 2012.'"

It was at that point, Wright told Klein, that he decided to leave the box untouched, at least for now. "I don't look at the box," Wright said. "I haven't looked at it since I've been to Marty's house."

"[Marty] said, 'Don't write that until after 2012," Wright said. "I said, 'I'm not.' [He said] 'Don't publish it.' [I said] 'I'm not.' I haven't even looked at it. I've just put all of it in one box and said I would get to it later."

Wright's description of his discussion with Marty is not included in the Klein book. But Klein, through his public relations representative, made the audio of his entire two-hour-and-forty-five minute interview with Wright available to The Washington Examiner.

http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer. ... 012/553106

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next