Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Any doubt left?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:53 am 

Quote:
Obama Announces New Entrepreneurial Exchange Programs with Muslim-Majority Countries
ABC News

Fulfilling his commitment made last year in Cairo to help deepen ties between business leaders, foundations and entrepreneurs in the United States and Muslim communities around the world, President Obama today kicked off a two-day Entrepreneurship Summit in Washington, DC.

“We know that over the years, despite all we have in common, the United States and Muslim communities around the world too often fell victim to mutual mistrust,” Obama said from the Ronald Reagan building this evening, “That is why I went to Cairo nearly one year ago and called for a new beginning between the United States and Muslim communities—a new beginning based on mutual interest and mutual respect. I knew that this vision would not be fulfilled in a single year, or even several. But I knew we had to begin and that all of us have responsibilities to fulfill.”

The president announced a series of new partnerships and initiatives with this goal in mind, including new exchange programs that will bring Muslim-majority countries and the United States together.

“We will bring business and social entrepreneurs from Muslim-majority countries to the United States and send their American counterparts to learn from your countries. Women in technology fields will have the opportunity to come to the United States for internships and professional development. And since innovation is central to entrepreneurship, we’re creating new exchanges for science teachers.”

The president touted $2 billion in private capital from the Global Technology and Innovation Fund he first announced in that same speech last June in Cairo to, “unlock new opportunities for people across our countries in sectors like telecommunications, healthcare, education, and infrastructure. “

The president said that over the past year since he first attempted to forge a new partnership wi the Muslim world, that his administration has been reaching out and listening.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch ... tries.html

Post subject: Re: Any doubt left?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:04 am 

Quote:
Analysts say it's a more clever strategy than the failed free trade emphasis of George W.Bush's administration.

http://www.radioaustralia.net.au/asiapac/stories/201004/s2884096.htm

PRESIDENT BUSH'S QUOTES ON ISLAM
Quote:
"America treasures the relationship we have with our many Muslim friends, and we respect the vibrant faith of Islam which inspires countless individuals to lead lives of honesty, integrity, and morality. This year, may Eid also be a time in which we recognize the values of progress, pluralism, and acceptance that bind us together as a Nation and a global community. By working together to advance mutual understanding, we point the way to a brighter future for all."

Quote:
"Islam brings hope and comfort to millions of people in my country, and to more than a billion people worldwide. Ramadan is also an occasion to remember that Islam gave birth to a rich civilization of learning that has benefited mankind."

http://muslimrepublicans.net/Article.asp?ID=164

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:09 am 

I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction

-Barack Hussein Obama

My muslim faith

-Barack Hussein Obama

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 2:26 pm 

obama's allegiance is to the diaper heads....

holder and obama protecting one of their own.

any doubt left?

Quote:
Rep. Carter Blasts Obama Administration for Blocking Ft. Hood Shooter Docs
Human Events, by Connie Hair

The Obama administration has refused to comply with a Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee subpoena demanding access to documents and witnesses from last year’s Ft. Hood terrorist attack.

Committee Chairman Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) and raking Republican Susan Collins (R-Maine) issued the subpoena when the Obama administration refused to provide the documents voluntarily.

The Pentagon says giving the committee access to investigative reports and witnesses might interfere with their prosecution of Major Nidal Hasan, the terrorist shot at the scene of the attack.

“As a state judge who presided over murder trials for 20 years before coming to Congress, that’s ludicrous,” said Rep. John Carter (R-Texas), secretary of the Senate Republican Conference whose district includes Ft. Hood. “Any prosecutor who can’t win a conviction against Hasan with literally dozens of eyewitnesses doesn’t need to be a prosecutor.”

Downplaying the incident in January, Obama’s Department of Defense failed to acknowledge the shootings as an act of radical Islamist terrorism in its official report.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=36802

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:03 am 

Quote:
At Ramadan Iftar dinner, Obama supports new mosque on private property near Ground Zero
Los Angeles Times

Good evening. Welcome to the White House. To you, to Muslim Americans across our country, and to more than one billion Muslims around the world, I extend my best wishes on this holy month. Ramadan Kareem. I want to welcome members of the diplomatic corps; members of my administration; and Members of Congress, including Rush Holt, John Conyers, and Andre Carson, who is one of two Muslim American Members of Congress, along with Keith Ellison. Here at the White House, we have a tradition of hosting iftars that goes back several years,..

BREAK

Recently, attention has been focused on the construction of mosques in certain communities – particularly in New York. Now, we must all recognize and respect the sensitivities surrounding the development of lower Manhattan. The 9/11 attacks were a deeply traumatic event for our country. The pain and suffering experienced by those who lost loved ones is unimaginable. So I understand the emotions that this issue engenders. Ground Zero is, indeed, hallowed ground.

But let me be clear: as a citizen, and as President, I believe that Muslims have the same right to practice their religion as anyone else in this country.That includes the right to build a place of worship and a community center on private property in lower Manhattan, in accordance with local laws and ordinances. This is America, and our commitment to religious freedom must be unshakeable. The principle that people of all faiths are welcome in this country, and will not be treated differently by their government, is essential to who we are. The writ of our Founders must endure.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washing ... -text.html

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:12 am 
Banned

Moby Grape wrote:
Quote:
At Ramadan Iftar dinner, Obama supports new mosque on private property near Ground Zero
Los Angeles Times

Good evening. Welcome to the White House. To you, to Muslim Americans across our country, and to more than one billion Muslims around the world, I extend my best wishes on this holy month. Ramadan Kareem. I want to welcome members of the diplomatic corps; members of my administration; and Members of Congress, including Rush Holt, John Conyers, and Andre Carson, who is one of two Muslim American Members of Congress, along with Keith Ellison. Here at the White House, we have a tradition of hosting iftars that goes back several years,..

BREAK

Recently, attention has been focused on the construction of mosques in certain communities – particularly in New York. Now, we must all recognize and respect the sensitivities surrounding the development of lower Manhattan. The 9/11 attacks were a deeply traumatic event for our country. The pain and suffering experienced by those who lost loved ones is unimaginable. So I understand the emotions that this issue engenders. Ground Zero is, indeed, hallowed ground.

But let me be clear: as a citizen, and as President, I believe that Muslims have the same right to practice their religion as anyone else in this country.That includes the right to build a place of worship and a community center on private property in lower Manhattan, in accordance with local laws and ordinances. This is America, and our commitment to religious freedom must be unshakeable. The principle that people of all faiths are welcome in this country, and will not be treated differently by their government, is essential to who we are. The writ of our Founders must endure.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washing ... -text.html

It's no surprise at all, but I was pleased to hear him say that. Every time this idiot opens his mouth with yet another opinion not in step with mainstream America...it can only help in November.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:15 am 

Near, not on.

I just found out some building has already been done at Ground Zero - they seem to be keeping that a secret.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:00 am 

incorrectly?

McCain didn't ''talk about his muslim faith''

McCain doesn't consider the Call to Prayer one of the "prettiest sounds"

McCain doesn't believe there are 57 states...

Quote:
Poll: Growing number incorrectly call Obama Muslim
Associated Press, by Alan Fram

WASHINGTON – Americans increasingly are convinced — incorrectly — that President Barack Obama is a Muslim, and a growing number are thoroughly confused about his religion. Nearly one in five people, or 18 percent, said they think Obama is Muslim, up from the 11 percent who said so in March 2009, according to a poll released Thursday. The proportion who correctly say he is a Christian is down to just 34 percent. The largest share of people, 43 percent, said they don't know his religion, an increase from the 34 percent who said that in early 2009.

BREAK

Six in 10 of those saying Obama is a Muslim said they got the information from the media, with the largest portion — 16 percent — saying it was on television. Eleven percent said they learned it from Obama's behavior and words.

Despite the confusion about Obama's religion, there is noteworthy support for how he uses it to make decisions. Nearly half, or 48 percent, said he relies on his religion the right amount when making policy choices, 21 percent said he uses it too little and 11 percent too much.

At the same time, the poll provides broad indications that the public feels religion is playing a diminished role in politics today, with fewer people than in 2008 saying the Democratic and Republican parties are friendly toward religion.

With elections for control of Congress just over two months away, the poll contains optimistic news for Republicans. Half of white non-Hispanic Catholics, plus three in 10 unaffiliated with a religion and a third of Jews, support the GOP — all up since 2008.

The survey also found:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100819/ap_ ... cm93aW5nbg

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:34 am 

I'm actually glad that obama didn't soil the Boy Scout Jamboree with his presence.

Boy Scout Law

A Scout is:

* Trustworthy,
* Loyal,
* Helpful,
* Friendly,
* Courteous,
* Kind,
* Obedient,
* Cheerful,
* Thrifty,
* Brave,
* Clean,
* and Reverent.

DUMBO would have had absolutely NOTHING to offer on any of the above

Quote:
Obama’s choice: Boy Scouts or Islam
Bemidji Pioneer by Mike Reagan

President Obama couldn’t bring himself to observe the National Day of Prayer or spend time with the Boy Scouts of America, but God forbid, he couldn’t miss the Muslim Iftar Ramadan dinner, or pass up a chance to praise an Islamic center a stone’s throw away from Ground Zero.

He later backed down — a bit.

One has to wonder exactly who is this Barack Obama? Is he the Muslim-educated student who has repeatedly proclaimed his Christian beliefs while finding himself unable to put a foot in a Christian church in Washington he can call his own, or is he an adult still motivated by the Muslim faith he learned and practiced as a young man?

This is a serious question, especially since Obama has gone out of his way to befriend a community, many of whom bear a deep hatred for the United States and a fanatical belief in the inevitability of supremacy of Islam over the United States.

Daniel Pipes writes that the Muslim population in this “country is not like any other group, for it includes within it a substantial body of people who desire, ultimately, to transform it into a nation living under the strictures of militant Islam.”

He cites the case of Siraj Wahaj, a black convert to Islam and the recipient of some of the American Muslim community’s highest honors, who in June 1991 had the privilege of becoming the first Muslim to deliver the daily prayer in the U.S. House of Representatives.

A little over a year later, addressing an audience of New Jersey Muslims, the same Wahaj said that “if only Muslims were more clever politically, they could take over the United States and replace its constitutional government with a caliphate.

Said Wahaj: “If we were united and strong, we’d elect our own emir [leader] and give allegiance to him. … [T]ake my word, if 6-8 million Muslims unite in America, the country will come to us.”

This is “the religion of peace”?

Writing in the Aug. 5 Washington Times, Jeffery T. Kuhner warns that the decision to build a 13-story mosque and Muslim cultural center 600 feet from the site of Ground Zero represents the surrender of the United States to radical Islam. He insists that most New Yorkers and Americans do not want this mosque erected and warns that it will be “a symbolic monument to the triumph of Islamism in the Unites States.”

Kuhner notes that the attacks on 9/11 were “committed by Muslim extremists in the name of holy war against the West … [using] the Koran and Islamic principles to justify their actions.” Their ultimate goal, he warns, is “to impose a world Muslim empire based on Shariah law.”

“Ground Zero,” he explains, “is where the war came home to America,” and supporters of the mosque project push forward to make sure “the mosque will cast a giant, dark shadow over Ground Zero,” a constant reminder of Islam’s victory. “If Islamism can impose its will near the site of Sept. 11, then it can impose its will anywhere.”

Unfortunately, it appears that Islam is also imposing its will and casting a shadow over the Obama White House.

http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/event/art ... p/Opinion/

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:08 am 

I thought he passed up the scouts to go on the View.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:10 am 

karent wrote:
I thought he passed up the scouts to go on the View.

Maybe you need to read the article.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:48 am 

Quote:
The Truth about Obama's Muslim 'Faith'
American Thinker, by Selwyn Duke

Now that Barack Obama has decided to be for the Ground Zero mosque before being implicitly against it (perhaps), discussion about his faith has once again reached a fever pitch. To many, his stance proves he's a Muslim, with a recent poll showing that almost 20 percent of Americans hold that opinion; to others, it just reflects a desire to be faithful to the Constitution (now, that would be change). The truth, however, is a bit more nuanced. Obama is not religiously Muslim. Culturally, though...well, that's a different matter altogether.

BREAK

Obama also has passions, and there is no question as to where they lie. As journalist Todd Fitchette wrote in "The un-faith of Obama,"

... he continues to openly praise Islam; he bows to Muslim leaders; he claims that the Muslim call to prayer is "the most beautiful sound in the world;" he regularly quotes from the Koran and cites it for directing his life; ...

In the past year alone he made a big deal out of hosting a celebratory dinner to open the month of Ramadan -- held in the state dining room; he refused to attend the 100th anniversary of the Boy Scouts (an avowed Christian organization), and, refused to attend the National Day of Prayer because he claimed to do so would be offensive to non-Christians.

Then there is that king of Freudian slips, when Obama matter-of-factly said to interviewer George Stephanopoulos, "You're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith," and he didn't seem headed for a correction until Stephanopoulos interjected. (Note: This doesn't contradict my assertion that Obama has no real faith. Nancy Pelosi has spoken of her Catholic faith, but, as she is also a relativist, it can be nothing more than part of her cultural tapestry.)

http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/08/ ... uslim.html

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:12 am 

workplace violence.

yep...you read it correctly.

Quote:
Pentagon Whitewashes Cause of Ft. Hood Massacre
Human Events, by Martha Zoller

When I heard the initial report on Friday on the findings in the Fort Hood shootings investigation, I almost ran my car off the road. The words “workplace violence” were used.

As if the shooting at Fort Hood was like a fired worker going back in to his place of business and killing his co-workers. Maj. Nidal Hasan is depicted as a loner, who everyone thought was a nice guy who just snapped. This shows nothing but disrespect to the people who died at Fort Hood last November.

Can we not honor our dead by calling the name of the enemy? In Fort Hood, it was a radical Islamist who was an al-Qaeda wannabe. He was a terrorist.

The report comes out at a time when in New York, Mayor Michael Bloomberg cannot understand why there is opposition to a mosque near Ground Zero being built by a man who said in 2001 that America was an “accessory” to the attacks of 9/11.

Again, I ask, can we not honor our dead by calling the name of the enemy? .

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=38688

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:32 pm 

if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck.....

Quote:
Obama sends greeting on Muslim holiday
Associated Press

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama is sending best wishes to Muslims worldwide as they celebrate Eid-al-Fitr (ayd ahl-FIH'-tur), which marks the end of the holy month of fasting and prayer known as Ramadan (RAH'-mah-dahn).

Obama also appealed for donations for victims of devastating floods in Pakistan.

This year's holiday falls on Saturday's 9/11 anniversary during a time of rising anti-Muslim sentiment in the U.S. over plans for a mosque and Islamic cultural center near ground zero. A Florida pastor also is threatening to burn copies of the Muslim holy book on Saturday.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100909/ap_ ... _holiday_1

When can we expect an obama greeting for rosh hashanah?

didn't think so...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:28 am 

Quote:
FBI Escorts Known Hamas Operative Through Top-Secret National Counterterrorism Center as “Outreach” to Muslim Community
Big Peace, by Patrick S. Poole

A known Hamas operative and unindicted co-conspirator in the largest terrorism financing trial in U.S. history – Kifah Mustapha – was recently escorted into the top-secret National Counterterrorism Center and other secure government facilities, including the FBI’s training center at Quantico, during a six-week “Citizen’s Academy” hosted by the FBI as part of its “outreach” to the Muslim Community. The group was accompanied by reporter Ben Bradley of WLS-Chicago (ABC), who filed a report on the trip to Washington D.C. on Sunday, who observed: Sheik Kifah Mustapha, who runs the Mosque Foundation in Bridgeview, asked

http://bigpeace.com/pspoole/2010/09/27/ ... community/

First the Justice department and now the FBI.

in the hands of the enemy.

Courtesy of Barack Hussien Obama.