Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Obama's Katrina: A timeline of presidential delay
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 11:36 am 

Mirage wrote:
Moby wrote:
and sadly there's no Hurricane eradication plan

Yes there is! It involves US companies paying money to 3rd world countries via CCX traded credits and then when fully implemented the weather will be at peace because we gave away money to impoverished non-polluting nations. It's better known as the Cap & Tax Smoke plan. Gore & Obama have been working since at least 2006 to save the world under this scheme along with a few of their best buds from Goldman, who of course only coincidentally prosper financially from this selfless humanitarian effort. :smt003

you been hanging out with edge at the VFW?

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 11:39 am 

That reminds me. I think Obama or his speechwriter reads our boards. Remember Obama's speech telling his minions to stop calling us wingnuts? :D

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:15 pm 

Moby Grape wrote:

South Korean rig contracted by BP I guess...

You guess wrong as usual.
The rig is owned by Swiss-based Transocean Ltd.,

Quote:
Me?..I think it's happening just the way Obama wants it to happen.

Yep, it's an evil librul conspiracy designed to punish all the rednecks in the red states that didn't vote for him.

You nailed it

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:23 pm 

Moby Grape wrote:

They're all out to get ya, aren't they? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:45 pm 

Remember Obama shooting from the hip again saying it was ALL BP's fault?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36912754/ns ... ?GT1=43001

BP: Oil rig leak 'wasn't our accident'
CEO to NBC: We'll clean it up, but rig was run by Transocean

NEW ORLEANS - Facing an unprecedented Gulf Coast environmental disaster, not to mention lawsuits, oil giant BP told NBC on Monday that while it was taking responsibility for cleaning up the giant undersea leak, the accident that triggered the disaster was not its fault.

"It wasn't our accident, but we are absolutely responsible for the oil, for cleaning it up, and that's what we intend to do," BP Group CEO Tony Hayward told NBC's "TODAY" show.

The rig that exploded on April 20 and then sank was run by another company, Transocean, he reminded viewers. That rig, he said, "was run by their people, their processes."

Hayward added that the failure of the rig's "blow-out preventer" — a device that should have shut off the well when the rig exploded and sank — was "unprecedented in our industry."

"What has failed here is the ultimate safety device on a drilling rig," he said. "There are many barriers of protection that you have to go to before you get to this. It isn't designed to not fail."

Guy Cantwell, a Transocean spokesman, responded by reading a statement without elaborating. "We will await all the facts before drawing conclusions and we will not speculate," he said.

-- more --

So again we have the administration demonizing before the facts are all in.

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:47 pm 

Chairman Mao wrote:
Moby Grape wrote:

They're all out to get ya, aren't they? :lol:

hey.

ya'll said Bush used 9/11 to start a war...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:41 am 

Quote:
Obama, Holder silent on 10k potentially
disenfranchised Joplin tornado victims

Daily Caller, by Matthew Boyle

Approximately 10,000 people in Joplin, Missouri may be disenfranchised because of the May 2011 tornado that destroyed the town, local news outlets are reporting, but President Barack Obama, Attorney General Eric Holder, Democratic Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon and Democratic Secretary of State Robin Carnahan are nowhere to be found.

The Joplin Globe reported early this week that about 10,000 voter registration cards were returned to Jasper County headquarters.

“Election officials say many of the cards being returned were sent to residents in Joplin and Duquesne who moved after their homes were damaged or destroyed in the May 22, 2011 tornado but have not yet changed their address with election officials,” Susan Redden wrote for the local paper.

Missouri has a primary on Tuesday.

Missouri Lt. Gov. Peter Kinder, a Republican, told The Daily Caller that he thinks Obama, Holder, Nixon and Carnahan need to get involved and fix this problem now.

“I call on Gov. Nixon, Attorney General Holder and President Obama to get in there and make sure that these people’s rights to vote are not infringed,” Kinder said in a Friday phone interview. “As long as they let this problem just fester, their pledges of assistance to Joplin ring hollow.
”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/08/03/obama ... z22aJGJBAm

do you really think DUMBO and his sidekick will help these Americans?

nope

http://dailycaller.com/2012/08/03/obama ... o-victims/

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:03 am 

Moby Grape wrote:
do you really think DUMBO and his sidekick will help these Americans?

nope

Because they are white.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:58 pm 

Does Missouri send out voter registration cards before every election?

When my son renewed his driver's license, they registered him to vote. I thought that was a useful service. Great way to make sure all the info is correct, also.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:55 pm 

If Bush doesn't get to New Orleans for 3 days after Katrina and he's labeled as hating black people.

DUMBO doesn't show up for a week after Isaac and NOTHING...not a goddamn peep

Quote:
Amid flooding and outages,
La. awaits Obama visit

Associated Press, by Cain Burdeau and Kevin McGill

NEW ORLEANS — Much of Plaquemines Parish southeast of New Orleans was still covered with floodwater Sunday and more than 200,000 people across Louisiana still didn’t have any power, five days after Isaac ravaged the state. Thousands of evacuees remained at shelters or bunked with friends or relatives.

‘‘My family is split up,’’ said Angela Serpas, from severely flooded Braithwaite. Serpas and her daughter were staying with her in-laws while her husband and son were staying in Belle Chasse, a suburban area of the parish.

‘‘This is the second time we’ve lost our home. We lost it in Katrina,’’ she said.

At least seven people were killed in the storm in the U.S. — five in Louisiana and two in Mississippi. More than 2,800 people were registered at various state, local and Red Cross shelters in the state, down from around 4,000 earlier. State officials were uncertain how many people would eventually need longer-term temporary housing. Kevin Davis, head of the state’s emergency office, said that housing would likely include hotels at first, then rental homes as close as possible to their damaged property.

President Barack Obama was to visit Louisiana Monday, a day ahead of the Democratic National Convention.

http://bostonglobe.com/2012/09/02/amid- ... story.html