Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Obama's Katrina: A timeline of presidential delay
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 5:13 pm 

Gulf oil spill becoming Obama's Katrina: A timeline of presidential delay
By: Mark Tapscott Editorial Page Editor
05/01/10 2:20 PM EDT
BP's Deepwater Horizon oil drilling platform burns after an explosion that killed 11 workers.

It's been more than a week since British Petroleum's Deepwater Horizon oil drilling platform 53 miles southwest of the Louisiana coast in the deep water of the Gulf of Mexico exploded and sank on April 20, leaving a breached wellhead bleeding an estimated 5,000 barrels of oil petroleum per day.

Eleven workers on the rig were killed in the explosion and subsequent fire. The gigantic oil slick created by the disaster has reached the coast line and threatens to become the nation's worst environmental disaster ever. More than a week passed before President Obama moved to address the disaster despite the clear evidence that BP and the Coast Guard were unable to stop the flow of oil and contain the spill.

Obama's delay in acting to put needed resources on the disaster site is being compared to President George W. Bush's tawdry response to the Hurricane Katrina disaster in 2005. One big difference in the perception of the Bush and Obama responses to disasters in Lousiana, however, is the way the media has reported their respective delays.

For Bush, the cries of uncaring apathy began within hours of the commencement of the crisis. For Obama, very little has been said about his apparent unconcern until the last 48 hours. But by now it's become so obvious that even the New York Times had to take notice.

Doug Ross has assembled a superb pictorial timeline of the disaster and what Obama was doing during his days of ignoring the Deep Horizon oil spill disaster that seems certain to go into the history books as one of the worst ever in U.S. environmental history.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opini ... z0miqeW3QZ

Post subject: Re: Obama's Katrina: A timeline of presidential delay
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 6:00 pm 

Didn't BP originally say only a few thousand gallons per day were leaking?

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 6:09 pm 
Banned

Moby Grape wrote:
Gulf oil spill becoming Obama's Katrina: A timeline of presidential delay
By: Mark Tapscott Editorial Page Editor
05/01/10 2:20 PM EDT
BP's Deepwater Horizon oil drilling platform burns after an explosion that killed 11 workers.

It's been more than a week since British Petroleum's Deepwater Horizon oil drilling platform 53 miles southwest of the Louisiana coast in the deep water of the Gulf of Mexico exploded and sank on April 20, leaving a breached wellhead bleeding an estimated 5,000 barrels of oil petroleum per day.

Eleven workers on the rig were killed in the explosion and subsequent fire. The gigantic oil slick created by the disaster has reached the coast line and threatens to become the nation's worst environmental disaster ever. More than a week passed before President Obama moved to address the disaster despite the clear evidence that BP and the Coast Guard were unable to stop the flow of oil and contain the spill.

Obama's delay in acting to put needed resources on the disaster site is being compared to President George W. Bush's tawdry response to the Hurricane Katrina disaster in 2005. One big difference in the perception of the Bush and Obama responses to disasters in Lousiana, however, is the way the media has reported their respective delays.

For Bush, the cries of uncaring apathy began within hours of the commencement of the crisis. For Obama, very little has been said about his apparent unconcern until the last 48 hours. But by now it's become so obvious that even the New York Times had to take notice.

Doug Ross has assembled a superb pictorial timeline of the disaster and what Obama was doing during his days of ignoring the Deep Horizon oil spill disaster that seems certain to go into the history books as one of the worst ever in U.S. environmental history.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opini ... z0miqeW3QZ

It's Barry Sotero's mess and no slick bullshit speeches in Iowa or Illinois or anywhere else are going to extricate him from this wreck. No more campaigning. The American public needs action and will find out once and for all that this fraud ain't worth a s*** at anything but campaign speeches.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 8:17 pm 

This is a catastrophe of biblical proportions and Ali bin Obama is going to reap the whirlwind from it regardless of how much the MSM tries to obfuscate the issue and provide cover for the community organizer-in-chief.

The Messiah fiddled while the oil leaked and he will ultimately be held accountable for it whether it was his fault or not.

I guess there is some good that can be found in almost everything.

And so it goes.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 8:00 am 

karent wrote:
Didn't BP originally say only a few thousand gallons per day were leaking?

no, the main stream media did.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 8:42 am 

They reported it - where did they get their information?

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 8:59 am 

karent wrote:
They reported it - where did they get their information?

http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2010/04/28/journalism/index.html

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 9:02 am 

Quote:
Video shows federal officials knew quickly of potential for massive oil flow in Gulf spill
Press-Register [Mobile, AL], by Ben Raines

A National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration video, shot as officials coordinated response to the Deepwater Horizon disaster, shows that federal officials almost immediately worried that the oil well could leak up to 110,000 barrels per day, or 4.6 million gallons. The video appears on a federal Web site. It was filmed in Seattle, at NOAA's Western Regional Center, as scientists and federal officials in Seattle, Houston and New Orleans engaged in telephone conferences, according to a companion document on the Web site.

break

In it, officials are discussing the search for survivors of the Deepwater Horizon explosion. There is a hand-drawn map

http://blog.al.com/live/2010/05/video_s ... cials.html

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 4:31 pm 

I hear some Louisiana residents are reporting they saw people from the government setting charges around the oil rig and they wanna know if that contributed to this Katrina-like disaster but for some reason the media just isn't lending credibility to the reports. They think the government was behind it to discourage political pressure to drill more wells. :P
(sic)

You know what I'm talkin' bout? ;)

I just saw Comrade Secretary Janet on the news saying the government was on the ball from the start of this. What a frekin' crock! I wouldn't blame even this administration for needing a few days to sort out a plan of action because government traditionally doesn't immediately know how to act in such a disaster. Here like it or not the oil companies themselves are the experts. But for the administration to falsely claim they were taking effective action from the start is a big fat lie!

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 11:35 pm 

I love how we're blowing this situation up to be the equivalent of Katrina. Quick someone make a thread calling the New York car bomb "Obama's 9/11"

I'll take you guys seriously when 20000+ people are living in the Superdome.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 3:03 am 

Chairman Mao wrote:
I love how we're blowing this situation up to be the equivalent of Katrina. Quick someone make a thread calling the New York car bomb "Obama's 9/11"

WOW...... :roll:

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 3:10 am 

Chairman Mao wrote:

I thought the car bomb was a light skinned Latino protesting US Immigration laws and demanding immediate amnesty and citizenship? I'm using Obama's standards of "proof" on that.

I think you can squarely put the blame for Katrina-II on the head of Barry Sotero. He should be fired immediately for his failure to prevent this devastation. Instead he fully blames the British Petroleum Company before the investigation has really even been started in earnest. The coast guard hasn't even deployed it's subs yet I don't believe. :roll:

At this stage I don't know that we can't rule out an act of terrorism or sabotage but I do think a remote cutoff system will soon become mandatory. How old is this rig anyway? I don't recall anyone saying yet. It could be that older technology played a part.

Almost forgot! No, they aren't filling the Superdome but Sea World and numerous others are preparing to rescue the wildlife. Also lots of people from fishing to tourism industries are getting pink slips until this is over and it could take years.

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:25 am 

The oil spill crisis is over!

http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2010/5/3/614378.html

The song playing over my stereo is If you're going to San Francisco. I donno how that is related except I guess all the environmentalists can dance for joy like the flower children now that we have an eco-friendly solution to the mess! :lol:

If you're going to San Francisco
Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair
If you're going to San Francisco
You're gonna meet some gentle people there

For those who come to San Francisco
Summertime will be a love-in there
In the streets of San Francisco
Gentle people with flowers in their hair

All across the nation such a strange vibration
People in motion
There's a whole generation with a new explanation
People in motion people in motion

For those who come to San Francisco
Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair
If you come to San Francisco

If you come to San Francisco

http://www.lyricsbox.com/scott-mckenzie ... 897c4.html

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 7:25 am 

Chairman Mao wrote:

you mean these people?

you make it sound as though New Orleans was the only community affected by Katrina.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 7:34 am 

Mirage wrote:
The coast guard hasn't even deployed it's subs yet I don't believe.

Yes that's true, however the the coast guard has deployed it's aircraft carriers, battleships & cruisers.
They're in the process of blowing up the oil slick as I'm writing this. Is't Fox News covering this?