Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 559 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: OBAMA JOBS
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:31 am 

Quote:
The Keystone pipeline will NOT create 20,000 new jobs

“According to TransCanada, KXL will increase the price of heavy crude oil in the Midwest by almost $2 to $4 billion annually, and escalating for several years. It will do this by diverting major volumes of tar sands oil now supplying the Midwest refineries, so it can be sold at higher prices to the Gulf Coast and export markets. As a result, consumers in the Midwest could be paying 10 to 20 cents more per gallon for gasoline and diesel fuel, adding up to $5 billion to the annual US fuel bill.”

http://blogs.ajc.com/jay-bookman-blog/2 ... -new-jobs/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:39 am 

Quote:
In any case, the opposition to the pipeline is not only tainted, but intellectually and scientifically bankrupt.

No, it's not.
The only thing that is tainted, intellectually and scientifically bankrupt is big oil propaganda & lies.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:18 pm 

edge540 wrote:
Quote:
The Keystone pipeline will NOT create 20,000 new jobs

“According to TransCanada, KXL will increase the price of heavy crude oil in the Midwest by almost $2 to $4 billion annually, and escalating for several years. It will do this by diverting major volumes of tar sands oil now supplying the Midwest refineries, so it can be sold at higher prices to the Gulf Coast and export markets. As a result, consumers in the Midwest could be paying 10 to 20 cents more per gallon for gasoline and diesel fuel, adding up to $5 billion to the annual US fuel bill.”

http://blogs.ajc.com/jay-bookman-blog/2 ... -new-jobs/

Could be? Just like I pointed out before. Fact of the matter is Obama passed the same deal two years ago. All for the same reasons the republicans want it passed today. Uh oh...must be election time coming soon..LOL

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:18 pm 

Quote:
Fact of the matter is Obama passed the same deal two years ago

link please

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:22 pm 

edge, I made a big ole post on page 4 on this topic with the link below included. You might want to read the other links too. :D I guess I should have said, same type of deal.

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2009/aug/128164.htm :smt006

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:58 pm 

Quote:
I guess I should have said, same type of deal.

Not really, as it does not threaten one of the world's largest aquifers & it's only 300 miles long. It also does not raise the price gasoline and diesel fuel in the midwest.
It's not the "same type of deal."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keystone_X ... la_Aquifer)

Kochs win big if Keystone XL pipeline is approved
http://thinkprogress.org/romm/2011/02/1 ... nds-kochs/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:21 pm 

edge540 wrote:
Quote:
I guess I should have said, same type of deal.

Not really, as it does not threaten one of the world's largest aquifers & it's only 300 miles long. It also does not raise the price gasoline and diesel fuel in the midwest.
It's not the "same type of deal."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keystone_X ... la_Aquifer)

Kochs win big if Keystone XL pipeline is approved
http://thinkprogress.org/romm/2011/02/1 ... nds-kochs/

Yes it is. They said they would change the route. Some unions agree with Koch because they want the jobs. Again, it "could" raise the price of gas. Happen to know how they will "divert" this oil from the midwest? Just curious because it may create even more jobs. You act like gas is going to go up by dollars. Here you go ...again... :shock:

http://www.transcanada.com/keystone.html

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:39 pm 

edge540 wrote:
Here we go again, mr. grape making up crap & lying as usual....or just being plain stupid & ignorant which of course is nothing new for partisan conservatives.

edge540 wrote:
''the phony solyndra scandal''

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:57 pm 

Quote:
Again, it "could" raise the price of gas. Happen to know how they will "divert" this oil from the midwest?

Yes I do.
Quote:
The midwestern United States has long used Canadian oil (also referred to as Canadian Sour, which describes its quality, as sour crude is more difficult to refine and not as desirable as the light sweet crude oil that virtually any refinery can process). Refineries in the Midwest are nearly all capable of processing this oil—which takes special equipment to refine. Since not all refineries can process this oil, the price for it is comparably lower than higher quality crudes. The fact that Canadian oil can't leave Canada or the United States also keeps the price lower. By keeping Canadian oil off world markets, demand for it stays lower, which keeps the price for it lower. By connecting Canadian oil to the Gulf, there is the distinct and likely possibility that Canada will begin exporting this type of crude oil, which would open the possibility for international buyers, thus increasing demand for Canadian Sour, and causing the price to rise. This is exactly why Canada is pushing so hard for this pipeline--the more potential buyers, the more demand, the higher it can be sold for. This is bad for American and Canadian motorists.

According to the Cornell University study,

Keystone XL will increase the price of heavy crude oil in the Midwest by almost $2 to $4 billion annually, and escalating for several years. It will do this by diverting major volumes of tar sands oil now supplying the Midwest refineries, so it can be sold at higher prices to the Gulf Coast and export markets. As a result, consumers in the Midwest could be paying 10 to 20 cents more per gallon for gasoline and diesel fuel, adding up to $5 billion to the annual U.S. fuel bill.

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/ene ... l-pipeline

It's going to devert oil from right here in Whiting.
http://www.downstreamtoday.com/projects ... eSupport=1
Quote:
Just curious because it may create even more jobs. You act like gas is going to go up by dollars. Here you go ...again...

The numbers have already been discredited. If you choose to be gullible & buy into big oil propaganda & bullshit that's your problem.
I don't.
It's as stupid as believing the tobacco industery telling you that second hand smoke is not bad for you.

Last edited by edge540 on Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:05 pm 

Quote:
Liberal insanity on light bulbs
Washington Examiner, by Timothy P. Carne
y

To recap the big-government-environmentalist light bulb crusade: Democrats and Republicans teamed up with Big Business lobbyists in 2007 to pass a bill that effectively outlaws the traditional incandescent, leading to mass layoffs in Virginia, Ohio, and Kentucky, and forcing Americans to buy more expensive light-bulbs, which are mostly made in China.

Manufacturers were always free to make more expensive, more energy-efficient light bulbs, and consumers were always free to buy them. But now that Congress was prohibiting less-efficient bulbs -- which were far cheaper -- many manufacturers ramped up research into the more expensive and higher profit-margin light bulbs. These days, just before it becomes illegal to import regular bulbs (the law already caused all the U.S. factories to shut down) Republicans are trying to preserve consumer choice -- we should be allowed to buy whatever bulbs others are willing to sell us. The manufacturers don't like the idea of selling low-margin bulbs and they want the regulations to stay in place.

Some liberals think this GOP move is atrocious, but their arguments are so flimsy that the liberals oscillate between name-calling and obfuscating. Ground zero of liberal light-bulb insanity is this post at Climate Progress, a blog of the Center for American Progress.

http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer. ... lbs/265121

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:42 am 

Quote:
By connecting Canadian oil to the Gulf, there is the distinct and likely possibility that Canada will begin exporting this type of crude oil, which would open the possibility for international buyers, thus increasing demand for Canadian Sour, and causing the price to rise.

Just a bunch of propped up rhetoric to let Obama off the hook until after the elections. Votes are more important from his base right now.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:00 pm 

Quote:
"...bunch of propped up rhetoric..."

Heh, it's a shame you can't prove that the Cornell University study is a bunch of "propped up rhetoric."

At the end of the day it doesn't matter because eventually the pipeline will be built & simpleminded conservative sycophants won't mind paying more for gas while touching their toes.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:58 pm 

At the end of the day it doesn't matter because eventually the pipeline will be built & simpleminded conservative sycophants won't mind paying more for gas while touching their toes.

I see you flunked Economics too. An increase in supply generally leads to a decrease in price. Now if your pal Obama increases more energy taxes as he promised then yes the price would increase. But that would be by gobernment interference/ AKA greed/ not because of a job creating pipeline bringing more supply.

Apparently it's about cast preservation. We are no longer the United States of America. Today we are the Obama nation which causes desolation. When you think Obama & the Dems are saying they want fair taxes they really mean fare taxes for all.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:24 pm 

Quote:
I see you flunked Economics too. An increase in supply generally leads to a decrease in price.

Not in this case , genius
http://www.energyvox.org/2011/11/18/imp ... americans/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:27 pm 

edge540 wrote:
Quote:
"...bunch of propped up rhetoric..."

Heh, it's a shame you can't prove that the Cornell University study is a bunch of "propped up rhetoric."

I already did. Possible means may or may not happen...rhetoric..LOL.

It's not going to be at the end of the day. It's going to be AFTER the elections so Obama can get the tree huggers votes. He didn't mind the protests on the Alberta Clipper Pipeline so this time they screamed a little louder because it's ...election time. :smt006

And there you have it folks...Even edge knows it's going to happen..after the votes! :smt005

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 559 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 38  Next