Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: I voted Democrat because I believe
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:10 am 

Here is a prime example of everyone ''getting their fair share''...

this is the epitome of gub'mint dependency...

Welcome to Obamas amerika

Quote:
Enter Detroit at your own risk!
Police issue shocking warning
to baseball fans

Daily Mail

Police officers in Detroit greeted football fans attending Saturday night’s Tigers game with a shock warning: 'Enter Detroit at Your Own Risk.'

To protest against plans to cut their pay and increase their hours, an estimated 400 off-duty police officers handed out fliers to fans as they entered the Tigers' Comerica Park stadium.

Under the heading 'Attention: Enter Detroit at Your Own Risk', the flyer warns that Detroit is America’s most violent city, with the highest homicide rate, while it’s police force is grossly understaffed and under paid.

'We're not discouraging people from coming, I love the city, I want them to realize we don't have enough man hours,' police union president Joe Duncan told My Fox Detroit.

In an attempt to save $350 million during the current fiscal year, the city of Detroit and the Detroit Police Officer's Association are at odds over a new contract that calls for 10 percent pay cuts and 12-hour shifts for police officers. The current contract for the union's 2,130 members expired on June 30.

'I don't think the city is going to get same officer eight hours a day as you do for 12 hours a day,' said Duncan.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z28iFROjTa
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:25 am 

Quote:
Mexican billionaire making millions from
American government program that
gives poor free cell phones

Daily Mail

The richest man in the world, Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim, is making millions in profits from a government program that supplies poor Americans with free cell phones.

Mr Slim, who is worth an estimated $69billion, owns the parent company of both the service provider and phone producer which creates the phones used in the Lifeline program.

The government program was originally enacted under President Reagan's administration in an effort for poor Americans without access to phones to have a way to contact prospective employers, arrange for healthcare, and be in touch with their children's schools.

Republicans have since attacked the program, attributing the sizeable increase in phone recipients over the past four years to President Obama and decrying that it is an example of a wasteful government handout.

The renewed debate over the decades-old program was sparked by a video of a woman in the battleground state of Ohio who said that she and 'everybody in Cleveland, every minority, got an Obama phone. Keep Obama as president. He gave us a phone. He gonna do more.'
Widespread: In 2011, there were 3.8million subscribers to the government's Lifeline program, which provides low-income Americans with free TracFone phones

Widespread: In 2011, there were 3.8million subscribers to the government's Lifeline program, which provides low-income Americans with free TracFone phones

Though President Clinton was the one to begin the process of offering either landlines or cell phones to low-income Americans after he enacted the Telecommunications Act in 1996, the program has grown dramatically between 2008 and 2011.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z29068RzdY

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:37 am 

these liberals are fücking idiots...we told them OVER and OVER this was going to happen

Quote:
Illinois Democratic Sen. Dick
Durbin: Cuts to workers’ hours a
‘bad result’ of Obamacare [Video]

Daily Caller, by Nicholas Ballasy

Illinois Democratic Sen. Dick Durbin, the second-ranking Democrat in the Senate, told The Daily Caller that “several” areas of President Barack Obama’s Affordable Care Act could be “improved” and acknowledged that a “bad result” of the law is that companies are cutting workers’ hours to avoid paying for their health insurance.

For example, Darden Restaurants, which operates the Olive Garden and Red Lobster restaurants, is reportedly limiting employees’ hours due to the health care law’s regulations on businesses.

“It’s a bad result. It is a bad result, and I’d like to – I’ve worked with them [Darden] on many issues, and I’d like to sit-down with them and find out what it is,” Durbin, who voted for Obamacare, told TheDC in a video interview at Hofstra University before Tuesday night’s presidential debate.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/18/democ ... z29kvieUTr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:59 am 

these liberals are fücking idiots...we told them OVER and OVER this was going to happen

Quote:
Illinois Democratic Sen. Dick
Durbin: Cuts to workers’ hours a
‘bad result’ of Obamacare [Video]

Daily Caller, by Nicholas Ballasy

Illinois Democratic Sen. Dick Durbin, the second-ranking Democrat in the Senate, told The Daily Caller that “several” areas of President Barack Obama’s Affordable Care Act could be “improved” and acknowledged that a “bad result” of the law is that companies are cutting workers’ hours to avoid paying for their health insurance.

For example, Darden Restaurants, which operates the Olive Garden and Red Lobster restaurants, is reportedly limiting employees’ hours due to the health care law’s regulations on businesses.

“It’s a bad result. It is a bad result, and I’d like to – I’ve worked with them [Darden] on many issues, and I’d like to sit-down with them and find out what it is,” Durbin, who voted for Obamacare, told TheDC in a video interview at Hofstra University before Tuesday night’s presidential debate.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/18/democ ... z29kvieUTr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:42 am 

she's just as stupid and ignorant as her husband is...

Quote:
Afghan 'Woman of Courage' hailed
by Michelle Obama for defending
women's rights has actually
JAILED 100 wives for 'adultery'

Daily Mail [UK], by Eddie Wrenn

Last year she was hailed as one of the most influential people in the world - a defender of women's rights as Afghanistan's only female head prosecutor.

Ms Bashir has been lauded by both Michelle Obama and Hilary Clinton - and she was one of ten women to receive a 'Women of Courage' Award in Washington last year.

But Maria Bashir's reputation is now in doubt after the Times revealed that Ms Bashir is also the most prolific prosecutor of women for Afghanistan's so-called 'moral' crimes, such as adultery.

While Ms Bashir campaigns against abuse husbands, more than half of the 172 women jailed in Afghanistan for sex outside of marriage (known as 'zina') have come from her province.

The Times said diplomats are 'shocked' by the extraordinary tally of women imprisoned for adultery.

It further says that 101 out of 136 women serving in Herat's women jail are there for adultery, one of the moral crimes which campaigners for women's rights are trying to remove from Afghanistan.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2A3EA9748

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:38 pm 

Forbes: For A Better Economy, Vote Democratic:
• Personal disposable income has grown nearly 6 times more under Democratic presidents
• Gross Domestic Product (GDP) has grown 7 times more under Democratic presidents
• Corporate profits have grown over 16% more per year under Democratic presidents (they actually declined under Republicans by an average of 4.53%/year)
• Average annual compound return on the stock market has been 18 times greater under Democratic presidents (If you invested $100k for 40 years of Republican administrations you had $126k at the end, if you invested $100k for 40 years of Democrat administrations you had $3.9M at the end)
• Republican presidents added 2.5 times more to the national debt than Democratic presidents
• The two times the economy steered into the ditch (Great Depression and Great Recession) were during Republican, laissez faire administrations

For example, in explaining President Reagan‘s great economic recovery of the 1980s it is often attributed to the stimulative impact of major tax cuts (ERTA.) But in reality the 1981 tax cuts backfired, leading to massive deficits and a weaker economy with a double dip recession as unemployment soared. So in 1982 Reagan signed (TEFRA) the largest peacetime tax increase in our nation’s history. In his tenure Reagan signed 9 tax bills – 7 of which raised taxes!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/adamhartung/2012/10/10/want-a-better-economy-history-says-vote-democrat/

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:32 am 

DUMBOs true goal....

Quote:
Food Stamp Growth 75X Greater than Job Creation
Weekly Standard, by Daniel Halper

With the latest jobs report, it is now the case that "Under Obama, Food Stamp Growth [Is] 75 Times Greater Than Job Creation," according to statistics compiled by the Republican side of the Senate Budget Committee. "For Every Person Added to Jobs Rolls Since January 2009, 75 People Added To Food Stamp Rolls."

Here's a chart detailing the growth:

Since January 2009, as the chart shows, a net of 194,000 new jobs have been created. During that same time, 14.7 million have been added to the food stamp rolls.

"Simply put, the President’s policies have not produced jobs. During his time in office, 14.7 million people were added to the food stamp rolls. Over that same time, only 194,000 jobs were created—thus 76 people went on food stamps for every one that found a job," says Senator Jeff Sessions, ranking member of the Senate Budget Committee. "This is a product of low growth. Post-recession economic growth in 2010 was 2.4%, and dropped in 2011 to 1.8%. This year it has dropped again to 1.77%. Few, if any, net jobs will be created with growth of less than 2%."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/foo ... 60073.html