Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: I voted Democrat because I believe
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:07 am 

Reason

When your friends can't explain why they voted for Democrats, give them this list.
They can then pick a reason.

1. I voted Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.

2. I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

3. I voted Democrat because Freedom of speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.

4. I voted Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.

5. I voted Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius.

6. I voted Democrat because I'm not concerned about the slaughter of millions of babies through abortion so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.

7. I voted Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits.

8. I voted Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Democrats see fit.

9. I voted Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.

10. I voted Democrat because my head is so firmly planted up my butt that it is unlikely that I'll ever have another point of view.

I'll keep my Freedom, my God and my Guns... You keep the Change...

Get out and vote November 2nd, 2010!

Post subject: Re: I voted Democrat because I believe
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:27 am 

Early primary voting begins today in FL. They said people were lined up before the polls open. And absentee ballots which had already gone out are coming in strong. Meanwhile the Congress went into special session to make Federal taxpayers fund the bloated compensation plans for state & local workers. Looks to me like a whole lot of people are fed up with the status quo of Obamism.

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:30 am 

Mirage wrote:
Meanwhile the Congress went into special session to make Federal taxpayers fund the bloated compensation plans for state & local workers.

correction

fund the UNION state & local workers

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:32 pm 

Quote:
Marion Barry Is D.C.’s Most-
Popular Elected Official

ABC News, by Amy Bingham

Former D.C. Mayor Marion Barry, a man whose 30-year political career has been marred by one scandal after another, is the most-popular elected official in the capital city’s government, according to a recent poll.

Now a member of city council, Barry, 76, has been convicted of cocaine possession and served six months in federal prison. He was also found guilty of a misdemeanor for failure to pay his taxes, although marijuana-possession and stalking charges were dropped.

But his approval rating is 52 percent, higher than Mayor Vincent Gray’s and all his fellow council members, according to a Washington Post poll released this week.

Read More About D.C.’s Corruption Here.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/20 ... /#comments

This article says all that needs to be said about the dumbocrats AND the people who vote for them...

no wonder DUMBO is so popular...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:27 pm 

...Because I love this country...I do not hate others that are different... I am a blue-collar kind of guy...and not angry

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:52 am 

chuckmo48 wrote:
I do not hate others that are different

no, you just hate others who think differently. You hate others because they don't conform to you're way of life. You hate others who don't want constant gub'mint involvement in their lives.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:36 pm 

tell me again why these liberal mutherfuckers keep blaming Bush for this?

Quote:
With landmark lawsuit, Barack Obama
pushed banks to give subprime loans
to Chicago’s African-Americans

Daily Caller, by Neil Munro

President Barack Obama was a pioneering contributor to the national subprime real estate bubble, and roughly half of the 186 African-American clients in his landmark 1995 mortgage discrimination lawsuit against Citibank have since gone bankrupt or received foreclosure notices.

As few as 19 of those 186 clients still own homes with clean credit ratings, following a decade in which Obama and other progressives pushed banks to provide mortgages to poor African Americans.

The startling failure rate among Obama’s private sector clients was discovered during The Daily Caller’s review of previously unpublished court information from the lawsuit that a young Obama helmed as the lead plaintiff’s attorney.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/03/with- ... z25WlsniHt

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:16 am 

Quote:
Obama To Soldiers Overseas: No Voting For You!
Investor's Business Daily

Military: The administration thanks the troops for their service by failing to comply with a law requiring that it help soldiers deployed overseas cast ballots in their home states.

The administration has taken various states to court to block voter ID laws on the grounds it will disenfranchise voters. But it has no qualms about the disenfranchisement of military voters overseas through its failure to comply with and enforce the Military and Overseas Voter Empowerment (MOVE) Act, passed by Congress in 2009 and signed into law by President Barack Obama.

The law acknowledges the difficulties caused by time and distance for deployed soldiers in exercising the right to vote they put their lives on the line to protect. One of the key provisions required each military branch to create an installation voting assistance office (IVAO) for every military base outside an immediate combat zone.

Last week, however, the Pentagon's inspector general reported that attempts to locate and contact IVAO offices at overseas military installations failed about half the time.

"Results were clear. Our attempts to contact IVAOs failed about 50% of the time," the inspector general reported. "We concluded the Services had not established all the IVAOs as intended by the MOVE Act because, among other issues, the funding was not available."

The estimated cost of establishing functioning IVAOs at all overseas military bases not in combat zones is estimated at between $15 million and $20 million a year. We wasted $530 million on Solyndra but can't afford a relative pittance to ensure our soldiers are not disenfranchised.

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorial ... oblems.htm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:00 am 

Quote:
Why Barack Obama Should Resign
Instapundit, by Glenn Reynolds

Just for the record, this is what it looked like for a man who made a film that made the Obama Administration uncomfortable:

Here’s the key bit: “Just after midnight Saturday morning, authorities descended on the Cerritos home of the man believed to be the filmmaker behind the anti-Muslim movie that has sparked protests and rioting in the Muslim world.”

When taking office, the President does not swear to create jobs. He does not swear to “grow the economy.” He does not swear to institute “fairness.” The only oath the President takes is this one:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

By sending — literally — brownshirted enforcers to engage in — literally — a midnight knock at the door of a man for the non-crime of embarrassing the President of the United States and his administration, President Obama violated that oath. You can try to pretty this up (It’s just about possible probation violations! Sure.), or make excuses or draw distinctions, but that’s what’s happened. It is a betrayal of his duties as President, and a disgrace.

http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/150781/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:52 am 

while our resident DUMBObots busy themselves with Sarah Palins emails, Letterman, Stewart, Maher and The View....

Quote:
Three Star General: Muslim
Brotherhood Has Infiltrated
Our Government

Breitbart's Big Peace, by AWR Hawkins

U.S. Army Lieutenant General (Ret.) William Jerry Boykin claims that individuals with connections to the Muslim Brotherhood hold security clearances in both the Pentagon and the Department of Defense.

Boykin says Republicans should have listened to Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn), who was correct to be concerned over possible Muslim Brotherhood ties of Huma Abedin, Sec. of State Hillary Clinton's Deputy Chief of Staff. Boykin says politicians on both sides of the aisle are scared to pursue the truth on this, for fear of being branded "intolerant," and the result of their inaction is continued infiltration by the radical Islamic organization.

He claims that people with ties to the Muslim Brotherhood hold important positions "in every major federal agency."

Boykin was one of the original members of the Army's Delta Force, served in clandestine operations for the CIA, and was formerly a Deputy Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2012 ... Government

And you can thank a liberal/democrat for this.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:02 am 

Quote:
U.S. Army Lieutenant General (Ret.) William Jerry Boykin claims that individuals with connections to the Muslim Brotherhood hold security clearances in both the Pentagon and the Department of Defense.

right
We're supposed to believe this crap coming from a Bible thumping Neanderthal radical extremist.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:13 pm 

edge540 wrote:
right
We're supposed to believe this crap coming from a Bible thumping Neanderthal radical extremist.

Boykin was one of the original members of the Army's Delta Force, served in clandestine operations for the CIA, and was formerly a Deputy Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence.

of course not edge...feel free to believe your community organizer who has been proven to be a habitual liar.

while you still have the right that is.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:42 pm 

The parasites consider these a gift direct from DUMBO himself...

1 million democrat voted bought and paid for with taxpayers money.

Quote:
1 million Ohioans using free phone program
Dayton Daily News, by Josh Sweigart

A program that provides subsidized phone service to low-income individuals has nearly doubled in size in Ohio in the past year — now covering more than a million people. At the same time, federal officials say they’re reining in waste, fraud and abuse in the program.

The Federal Communications Commission announced recently that reforms have saved $43 million since January and are expected to save $200 million by year’s end. In Ohio, savings are expected to be $2.9 million a year.

The savings were realized in part because the government gave out fewer cellphones to ineligible people and took steps to avoid issuing duplicate phones.

BREAK

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/new ... -oh/nRDqC/
“I am unable to have a cellphone and I need one for emergencies,” said Aliesa Azbill of Dayton, who is in a work training program at Community Action Partnership. She said the 250 free minutes she gets per month through SafeLink isn’t enough to use it for much more than emergencies.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:02 am 

Simply amazing how Democrats never hold their candidates accountable for anything....

This idiot will STILL garner 99% of the black vote ala Marion Barry, Detroit mayor Kwame and Ray Nagin...

Quote:
Will Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr. Ever Return to Congress?
PJ Media, by Rick Mora

It’s been more than 3 months since Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr. took a leave of absence from Congress to deal with depression and related physical ailments. Now, with the election 5 weeks away, it’s becoming increasingly clear that the Congressman may never return to his seat, even if he wins re-election, as he is expected to with ease.

Associated Press:

His home in Washington is for sale. His wife says he’ll come back to work only when a doctor approves. He vowed to return to the campaign by Labor Day, and then didn’t.

Election Day is five weeks away, and Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. remains out of sight.

It’s an absence, both from his job in Congress and his campaign, that’s starting to test patience in his Chicago hometown.

More than three months have passed since Jackson, a 47-year-old Democrat first elected in 1995, dropped out public sight. It was later revealed that he was hospitalized for severe depression and gastrointestinal problems. There have been few updates on his condition and no hard answers to questions about his future.

Jackson’s name remains on the ballot, even though he’s yet to make a campaign appearance since last spring’s primary. His wife, Chicago Alderman Sandi Jackson, insists she won’t step in to take his place.

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2012/09/29/wi ... -congress/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:48 am 

edge540 wrote:

When the phone rings at 3 a.m., will she call the Wasilla Assembly of God congregation and ask them to pray on a response, as she asked them to pray for a natural gas pipeline?

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3856&p=45116&hilit=3+AM+phone+call#p45116

edge540 wrote:
"Are you kidding me, the mayor of Wasilla, Alaska? Yeah, that's who you want in the White House during a time of crisis. When she got a phone call at 3 in the morning, it was because a moose had gotten in the garbage can." –Bill Maher

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3789&p=44011&hilit=3+am+phone+call#p44011

and the liberal dooshfucks had the gall to criticize Romney in the early hours of this catastrophe.

Romney was right.

Obama is a pathological liar who will do or say ANYTHING to win.

edge and chuck and sparks are proof of this.

ask any of these idiots what they think happened and prove me wrong.

Quote:
Benghazi Was Obama's 3 a.m. Call
Wall Street Journal, by Bret Stephens

Why won't the Libya story go away? Why can't the memory of U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and his staff be consigned to the same sad-and-sealed file of Americans killed abroad in dangerous line of duty? How has an episode that seemed at first to have been mishandled by the Romney camp become an emblem of a feckless and deluded foreign policy?

The story-switching and stonewalling haven't helped. But let's start a little earlier.

The hour is 5 p.m., Sept. 11, Washington time, and the scene is an Oval Office meeting among President Obama, the secretary of defense, the national security adviser and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. The U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi has been under assault for roughly 90 minutes. Some 30 U.S. citizens are at mortal risk. The whereabouts of Ambassador Stevens are unknown.

What is uppermost on the minds of the president and his advisers? The safety of Americans, no doubt. So what are they prepared to do about it? Here is The Wall Street Journal's account of the meeting:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000087 ... _opinion_0