Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Arizona Rep. Giffords shot, several wounded
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:03 pm 

As Barry's mentor and idol, the Reverend Wright, says, "the chickens have come home to roost".
Gotta love it.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/bel ... n-bachmann

Before banning 'crosshairs,' CNN used it to refer to Palin, Bachmann

By: Byron York 01/19/11 8:08 AM
Chief Political Correspondent

CNN's John King is attracting a lot of notice -- and some ridicule -- in the blogosphere for his on-air apology after a guest used the word "crosshairs" during a report on Chicago politics Tuesday. (The guest, a former Chicago reporter, referred to two rivals of mayoral candidate Rahm Emanuel, saying Emanuel is "in both of their crosshairs.") "We were just having a discussion about the Chicago mayoral race," King told viewers. "My friend Andy Shaw…used the term 'in the crosshairs' in talking about the candidates out there. We're trying, we're trying to get away from that language. Andy is a good friend, he's covered politics for a long time, but we're trying to get away from using that kind of language. We won't always be perfect, so hold us accountable when we don't meet your standards."
King's statement comes after widespread discussion of whether Sarah Palin's now-infamous "crosshairs" map targeting vulnerable Democratic candidates in last November's elections somehow caused the shooting of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords in Tucson January 8. There has been plenty of that kind of speculation on CNN, including on Tuesday, the day of John King's statement, when one brief discussion of Palin used the word "crosshairs" five times.
Now, King says, CNN is "trying to get away" from such terms, suggesting that in the wake of the Tucson shootings, such language should no longer be part of the public conversation. But if Palin is to blame for using crosshairs in her much-discussed map, then CNN, by its own use of the allegedly inflammatory term "crosshairs," might also share some blame for creating the atmosphere that led to the violence in Arizona. A look at transcripts of CNN programs in the month leading up to the shootings shows that the network was filled with references to "crosshairs" -- and once even used the term to suggest the targeting of Palin herself. Some examples:
"Palin's moose-hunting episode on her reality show enraged People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, and now, she's square in the crosshairs of big time Hollywood producer, Aaron Sorkin," reported A.J. Hammer of CNN's Headline News on December 8.
"Companies like MasterCard are in the crosshairs for cutting ties with WikiLeaks," said CNN Kiran Chetry in a December 9 report.
"Thousands of people living in areas that are in the crosshairs have been told to evacuate," Chetry said in a December 21 report on flooding in California.
"He's in their crosshairs," said a guest in a December 21 CNN discussion of suspects in a missing-person case.
"This will be the first time your food will be actually in the crosshairs of the FDA," business reporter Christine Romans said on December 22.
"The U.S. commander in the East has Haqqani in his crosshairs," CNN's Barbara Starr reported on December 28, referring to an Afghan warlord.
"We know that health care reform is in the crosshairs again," CNN's Joe Johns reported on January 3.
Seven uses of "crosshairs" in just the month before the Tucson attacks, and just one of them referring to an actual wartime situation. And one reference to Sarah Palin herself as being in "crosshairs."
And not just Palin. On September 14, Mark Preston, CNN's senior political editor, referred to another controversial politician, Republican Rep. Michele Bachmann, as being "in the crosshairs." "Michelle Bachmann is raising lots of money, raising her national profile," Preston said on September 14. "She is in the crosshairs of Democrats as well."
It turns out Preston was back on CNN's air on Tuesday, discussing Palin's recent interview on Fox News. "We saw her on Fox News last night where she is a paid contributor," Preston said. "A kind of a friendly setting, but she defended herself from all the criticism that's been directed at her regarding a Web site that she had put out where she had used crosshairs over 20 Democratic candidates. Now a lot of people said that her rhetoric is inciting violence. She said that that is not true…"
"Crosshairs" again. Just for the record, CNN anchors, reporters and guests did absolutely nothing wrong with their use of the word in the last month and before. It would be impossible, at least for any reasonable person, to argue that the network's use of "crosshairs" in any of the various contexts it was used, was an incitement to violence by anyone, anywhere. But by announcing that "we're trying to get away" from "crosshairs" and other allegedly incendiary language, CNN is aligning itself with those who blame "rhetoric" for the killings. And by doing that -- plus inviting the public to "hold us accountable" -- CNN could open itself up to an examination of its own uses of the word and accusations that it helped create an environment that led to violence. Does that make any sense at all?

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:23 pm 

happy jack wrote:
Democrats not only put a bull's-eye on a poster, but they advocate using baby meat to make chili!!!!!!!!!

Tone down the rhetoric and stop the hate!!!

For God's sake, stop the hate!!!

http://michellemalkin.com/2011/01/18/de ... logo-puts/

chuckmo:

Your silence on this matter has been deafening.
Seeing as how you were the first one to start a thread about the dangers of violent rhetoric, why is it that you cannot bring yourself to condemn those who would place a bull’s-eye on a political poster while advocating the cooking of babies?
I’ll be awaiting your reply but, based on past experience, I doubt that you have the sufficient nuts to respond.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:48 pm 

happy jack wrote:
chuckmo:Your silence on this matter has been deafening.
Seeing as how you were the first one to start a thread about the dangers of violent rhetoric, why is it that you cannot bring yourself to condemn those who would place a bull’s-eye on a political poster while advocating the cooking of babies?
I’ll be awaiting your reply but, based on past experience, I doubt that you have the sufficient nuts to respond.

You are kidding right...what a stretch...using a poster that any normal person would know they are not suggesting that they are going to "cook babies"...I guess when you look at baby food you must think it has babies in that also..since there are babies' faces on the jar...

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:26 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
chuckmo:Your silence on this matter has been deafening.

You are kidding right...what a stretch...using a poster that any normal person would know they are not suggesting that they are going to "cook babies"...I guess when you look at baby food you must think it has babies in that also..since there are babies' faces on the jar...

Bravo, chuckmo, bravo.
You have finally come to admit what I have been trying to teach you from the very beginning of this ridiculous, uninformed, and disingenuous thread you started.

What a stretch.
“…using a poster that any normal person would know that they are not suggesting that” someone should actually shoot a representative of a district marked by two perpendicular lines inside a circle.

It took you only …what? … ten or eleven days to reach this epiphany, but I am quite used to liberals being extraordinarily slow on the uptake.
At any rate, it must be a load off your mind to finally admit your mistake. If you had done it sooner, though, you would have saved yourself almost two weeks of looking like a flaming idiot.
Mercedes-Benz out, dude.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:39 am 

happy jack wrote:
You have finally come to admit what I have been trying to teach you from the very beginning of this ridiculous, uninformed, and disingenuous thread you started.

Hey Chuck?

You think the hollywierdos and all their violent movies and TV shows had any influence on the shooter?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:47 am 

happy jack wrote:
Bravo, chuckmo, bravo.

What a stretch.
“…using a poster that any normal person would know that they are not suggesting that” someone should actually shoot a representative of a district marked by two perpendicular lines inside a circle.

My original post:
Quote:
Coincidence or hate crime? Rep. Giffords was among Sarah Palin's controversial Facebook "Hit List" where she "targets," with gin graphics (sights) Democrats who voted for the Health Reform bill and asks her fans to "take them out."
...and that was taken from a website.

I have not admitted any such thing...maybe in your mind... You have seen the interview with Giffords when she even says, "that when people put gun sights over representative's districts there are consequences to their action". I guess you wouldn't mind if someone put cross hairs over your house and put it out for all to see. Equating a gun sight with a picture of a baby is a real stretch Sorta like not understanding what a wanted dead or alive poster means...
and a Porsche-Out to you too!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:18 am 

:lol:

Even after being proven wrong time and again on his first lie and making a fool out of himself on several others, chuckwad pops back in to reassert his original stupidity!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:28 pm 

USMarine wrote:
Even after being proven wrong time and again on his first lie and making a fool out of himself on several others, chuckwad pops back in to reassert his original stupidity!

Whatever...you know you are such a caricature of the neos your pic should be put on their talking points handbook...; a boorish, character-assassinater, right-brained, bully, echoing rather than forming opinions, hate-mongering individual. So just keep keeping on and you will see how it plays out...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:49 pm 

chuckwad48 wrote:
USMarine wrote:

Whatever...you know you are such a caricature of the neos your pic should be put on their talking points handbook...; a boorish, character-assassinater, right-brained, bully, echoing rather than forming opinions, hate-mongering individual. So just keep keeping on and you will see how it plays out...

:lol:

"Hate-mongering"....??? :roll:

You profess your hate for Sarah Palin, God, and Country every single time you open your piehole, Son. You are a left-wing loon that doesn't have the guts or the brains to have an opinion other that the talking points you receive from your masters.

In short, you crack me up..... :smt005 :smt006

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:08 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Bravo, chuckmo, bravo.

What a stretch.

My original post:
Quote:
Coincidence or hate crime? Rep. Giffords was among Sarah Palin's controversial Facebook "Hit List" where she "targets," with gin graphics (sights) Democrats who voted for the Health Reform bill and asks her fans to "take them out."
...and that was taken from a website.

I have not admitted any such thing...maybe in your mind... You have seen the interview with Giffords when she even says, "that when people put gun sights over representative's districts there are consequences to their action". I guess you wouldn't mind if someone put cross hairs over your house and put it out for all to see. Equating a gun sight with a picture of a baby is a real stretch Sorta like not understanding what a wanted dead or alive poster means...
and a Porsche-Out to you too!

You cannot have it both ways, chuckmo. If you claim that putting crosshairs on a map could cause a deranged person to act on the suggestion, then showing a baby in a cookpot could just as easily cause a deranged person to act on that suggestion; sicker things have happened (if you are thinking of disputing that, see the current thread about the doctor using scissors to sever the spinal cords of live babies).
You have invested so much in the notion that Sarah Palin caused this shooting that you cannot see the truth when it's blasting you in the face. Clinging to that stupid premise while all the facts prove otherwise is the ultimate in jackassery.
Incidentally, it wouldn't bother me if someone placed two perpendicular lines inside a circle over a picture of my house. Why would it?

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:11 am 

Well, well, well, chuckmo.
To whose rhetoric will you be assigning the blame for this atrocity?
Will you be demonizing Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi, Hillary Clinton, and the rest of the facilitators of and poster children for abortion on demand?
Will you, chuckmo?
Will you?

http://michellemalkin.com/

The Philadelphia Horror: How mass murder gets a pass

By Michelle Malkin • January 21, 2011 12:00 AM

The mainstream news reports about Philadelphia’s serial baby-killer Kermit Gosnell and his abortion clinic death squad only scratch the surface of his barbaric enterprise. You must, must, must read the entire, graphic, 281-page grand jury report (embedded after my column below) to fully fathom the systematic execution of hundreds of (not just seven) healthy, living, breathing, squirming, viable babies — along with an untold number of mothers who may have lost their lives in his sick, grimy chamber of horrors as well. It is explicit. It is enraging. It will haunt you.
Ask yourself why you are not hearing about which root causes and whose rhetoric are to blame for this four-decades-long massacre — just the tip of a blood-soaked iceberg defended by the predators of Planned Parenthood. You know the answer: If it doesn’t help the Left criminalize conservatism, it’s not worth discussing.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:50 pm 

USMarine wrote:
You profess your hate for Sarah Palin, God, and Country

Show me my quotes that says that...not just your interpretation of what you think I may mean ...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:11 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
not just your interpretation of what you think I may mean ...

I guess you get those love letters from Barry like spleens does eh?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:32 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
USMarine wrote:
You profess your hate for Sarah Palin, God, and Country

Show me my quotes that says that...not just your interpretation of what you think I may mean ...

Sorry, chuckmo, but you are being beaten at your own game.
You see, no one is obliged to show quotes wherein you explicitly state that you hate Sarah Palin, God, and Country; we only need to claim that we are absolutely, positively certain that we know exactly what you meant. Your quotes are open to interpretation - our interpretation, that is.
Does that sound just a wee bit familiar to you, chuckmo?
Does that sound like a situation where, for instance, a person (you) saw two perpendicular lines inside a circle superimposed on a map and then immediately interpreted that as a command for someone to go out and commit a horrific mass murder?
So, based upon your own reasoning, it has been proven beyond the shadow of a doubt that you hate Sarah Palin, God, and Country (not necessarily in that order).
And the reason it has been proven?
Why, simply because we say it has been proven!
QED.
Now quit your damn whining.
(Sidebar: Why is it that whenever there is a liberal caller to a talk radio station, that person almost inevitably talks in a high, whiny voice, and generally has a fairy-like lisp?
Are males who are predestined to become liberals born with that voice, or do they become liberals later in life and the voice naturally develops?
Chicken or the egg?)

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:27 pm 

My, my, my.
Will these people never learn?
Stop the hate.

http://www.hapblog.com/2011/01/why-is-c ... arget.html

January 21, 2011

Why is Chris Matthews Displaying A Target and Crosshairs on the U.S. Capitol?

This is a screen grab from the opening 2 minutes of Chris Matthews Hardball Thursday night. Next to him is a picture of the U.S. Capitol building with a bullseye target on it along with gun crosshairs
After all we've been through the past two weeks and all the nonstop criticism of Sarah Palin for using crosshairs on a political map from this very person and his colleagues at MSNBC, Matthews tosses this out there. And what does 'Fire on the Right' mean? What message does this send to someone who is flipping through the channels? Did we not hear day and night that this symbolism is unacceptable? CNN is apologizing for using the word crosshairs and Matthews is displaying them on the U.S. Capitol. Will he issue an apology? Will we hear from MSNBC? We will see.

Barack Obama

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next