Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Arizona Rep. Giffords shot, several wounded
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:12 pm 

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/16/us/16 ... 5d56DmiDjg

(Loughner) … became intrigued by antigovernment conspiracy theories, including that the Sept. 11 attacks were perpetrated by the government and that the country’s central banking system was enslaving its citizens. His anger would well up at the sight of President George W. Bush, or in discussing what he considered to be the nefarious designs of government.

Goodness!
Which web sites (daily kos), networks (MSNBC), or publications (Time, Newsweek, New York Times, et. al.) could he have possibly been accessing that would make him so angry at George Bush that he would go out and commit mass murder?
I would think that those people would want to tone down their rhetoric.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:44 pm 

So why didn't he try to shoot Bush instead of a bunch of grocery shoppers?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:36 pm 

karent wrote:

You must not have been paying attention, karent. He shot the grocery shoppers because there was a map upon which was superimposed two perpendicular lines inside a circle on Sarah Palin's web site, which he very likely never even saw, but which undoubtedly was the cause of his rampage.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:07 pm 

karent wrote:

Would you have liked that better?

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:18 am 

I’m noticing that most of the Lefties are backpedaling away quite furiously from their initial lies about the shooting being the fault of Sarah Palin, et. al., once they realized that 99% of the public was refusing to swallow their bullshit. Someone called in to Alan Colmes’ show last night and began blaming all of the usual right-wing suspects, and Colmes acted as if he had no idea what the caller was even talking about.
As far as our very own Lefties, I see that chuckmo has stuck his tail firmly between his legs and refused to return to the very thread that he himself initiated.
Y’see, guys – when you’re wrong, admit it as early as possible; it makes you look like that much less of a jackass later on.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:43 am 

I'm here - just questioning the shooter's logic.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:31 am 

karent wrote:
I'm here - just questioning the shooter's logic.

There was no logic. He was just plain nuts. The thing that is sad, is that this tragedy MIGHT have been prevented, if the sheriff would have taken action against this guy before. This shooter had a history of trouble, going back many years.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:42 pm 

happy jack wrote:

As far as our very own Lefties, I see that chuckmo has stuck his tail firmly between his legs and refused to return to the very thread that he himself initiated.

Freetime too.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:14 pm 

happy jack wrote:

I haven't gone anywhere...just enjoying watching caribou barbie blame everyone else in the world...I love the part where she said she did not know the history of blood libel...it gets better each time she opens her trap...I really really hope she runs in 2012...it will be like a Fellini movie! By the way should I comment every time when you or your neos start a thread and then do not comment on it for a period of time...if that is the case there is around 11 threads that you neos have started, but haven't commented on for a while...

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:31 pm 

chuckwad48 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

I haven't gone anywhere...just enjoying watching caribou barbie blame everyone else in the world...I love the part where she said she did not know the history of blood libel...it gets better each time she opens her trap...I really really hope she runs in 2012...it will be like a Fellini movie! By the way should I comment every time when you or your neos start a thread and then do not comment on it for a period of time...if that is the case there is around 11 threads that you neos have started, but haven't commented on for a while...

Translation for those who don't understand chuckwhine: "I blamed everyone but the person responsible and I'm not man enough to admit it so I'll keep acting like a jerk and obfuscating the issue."

Typical... :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:33 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

There is a difference between abandoning a dormant thread and running away from a live one. Abandoning a dormant thread is done out of boredom; running away from a live thread that one started is due to that person's inability to admit that he was 100% wrong from the beginning.
As I said earlier - when you’re wrong, admit it as early as possible; it makes you look like that much less of a jackass later on.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:44 pm 

Democrats not only put a bull's-eye on a poster, but they advocate using baby meat to make chili!!!!!!!!!

Tone down the rhetoric and stop the hate!!!

For God's sake, stop the hate!!!

http://michellemalkin.com/2011/01/18/de ... logo-puts/

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:08 pm 

Thanks for living up to your name, Happy (and the chuckle!)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:35 am 

Hey, you dumbass Lefties (and you know who you are) - look what you have reduced yourselves to:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... hairs.html

CNN's John King: "Before we go to break, I want to make a quick point. We were having a discussion about the Chicago mayoral race. My friend Andy Shaw used the term 'in the crosshairs' in talking about the candidates. We're trying, we're trying to get away from that language. Andy is a good friend, he's covered politics for a long time, but we're trying to get away from that kind of language."

Morons.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:13 am 

happy jack wrote:
Andy is a good friend, he's covered politics for a long time, but we're trying to get away from that kind of language."

"Covered" as in maybe "buried"? Those guys better watch their steps lest they incite another shooting.

Morons.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next