Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: MSNBC has hemorrhoid removed
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:08 am 

Quote:
Al Gore and MSNBC get in shoving match after Keith Olbermann's move to Current TV
Los Angeles Times, by Scott Collins

Al Gore, the Nobel laureate beloved by many liberals for his passionate espousal of environmental causes, has gotten into a dust-up — with MSNBC, the cable-TV home of liberal opinion. The fracas started Tuesday after Gore and other officials of Current TV, the network founded in 2005, announced they had nabbed former MSNBC host Keith Olbermann to lead a new nightly program starting later this spring. Olbermann will also become chief news officer of the low-rated Current, which has about 60 million subscribers in the U.S. Hinting

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtra ... nt-tv.html

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:16 am 

Moby Grape wrote:
Quote:
Al Gore and MSNBC get in shoving match after Keith Olbermann's move to Current TV
Los Angeles Times, by Scott Collins

Al Gore, the Nobel laureate beloved by many liberals for his passionate espousal of environmental causes, has gotten into a dust-up — with MSNBC, the cable-TV home of liberal opinion. The fracas started Tuesday after Gore and other officials of Current TV, the network founded in 2005, announced they had nabbed former MSNBC host Keith Olbermann to lead a new nightly program starting later this spring. Olbermann will also become chief news officer of the low-rated Current, which has about 60 million subscribers in the U.S. Hinting

From the same article:
Quote:
Of course, this type of mudslinging goes on almost daily in the rough-and-tumble world of cable news. Although Current's bosses say they're not angling to enter that arena with the Olbermann hire.

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:45 am 

chuckwipe48 wrote:
From the same article:
Quote:
Of course, this type of mudslinging goes on almost daily in the rough-and-tumble world of cable news. Although Current's bosses say they're not angling to enter that arena with the Olbermann hire.

OMG!! :shock:

I noticed that this was in the article as well!!!!

Quote:
— Scott Collins (Twitter: @scottcollinsLAT)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:09 pm 

Gore's CURRENT TV averages 18,000 homes in primetime

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:01 pm 

Hey chuck!...

Quote:
Keith Olbermann Lost Nearly 30% Of His Viewers In His Second Week
Business Insider, by Glynnis MacNicol

After an impressive first week, which saw him beating CNN in the demo on his first night out, Keith Olbermann's ratings have taken a tumble. In its second week on Al Gore's Current TV Countdown With Keith Olbermann lost nearly 30% of its total viewers and 30% of its demo viewers, reports Deadline. "Olbermann attracted an average of 93,000 viewers in its target 25-to-54 demo, down 29% from the first week. The total audience, at 253,000, was down 28.5%."

http://www.businessinsider.com/keith-ol ... ent-2011-7

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:50 am 

Current TV fires Keith Olbermann, and Keith Olbermann says he'll sue

Bringing to a close weeks of tense standoffs and snide remarks, Current TV has ended its relationship with Keith Olbermann, whose Countdown has served for the past year as the plucky cable channel’s most heavily rotated series, while his knowing smirk has served as its public face. Olbermann and Current had been on the outs since at least December, when Olbermann refused to take part in the network’s coverage of the Republican primaries, setting off a prolonged public airing of grievances that eventually culminated in today's parting of ways.

That back-and-forth included this Newsweek article in which Rebecca Dana claimed Olbermann had spent his freshman year complaining about his show’s cheap sets, his car service, and his lack of influence over hiring decisions, despite ostensibly being the network’s “Chief News Officer.” This was answered by various statements and emails fired off by Olbermann to outlets like The Hollywood Reporter, in which he claimed he was not being given "acceptable conditions" under which to host, making acerbic reference to the many technical glitches that had become as much a part of his show as his (recently suspended) “Worst Persons In The World” segment.

Then, things got kind of ugly: Soon enough, anonymous former MSNBC staffers were coming forward to elucidate what Current TV probably had to deal with by detailing all the crappy things he supposedly did during his era there, with Olbermann immediately turning his ever-bristling rage on the outlets that published them. And of course, all the while, Olbermann continued to burnish his public image by firing insults back at the people who talk s*** about him on Twitter, every single day. Evidently, Current finally had enough of the noise, issuing this "open letter to the viewers" from co-founders Al Gore and Joel Hyatt:

Quote:
We created Current to give voice to those Americans who refuse to rely on corporate-controlled media and are seeking an authentic progressive outlet. We are more committed to those goals today than ever before. Current was also founded on the values of respect, openness, collegiality, and loyalty to our viewers. Unfortunately these values are no longer reflected in our relationship with Keith Olbermann and we have ended it.

Oh yeah, the collegiality. You gotta have the collegiality. Anyway, much like his previous exit from MSNBC, the end of Olbermann’s brief tenure at Current will be equally abrupt: The channel will (probably wisely) not allow him the chance to sign off, instead replacing him, beginning tonight, with the new Viewpoint With Eliot Spitzer, in which the former New York governor who definitely does not bring to mind lots of collegiate sex-having with prostitutes anymore will prove “he relishes the kind of constructive discourse that our viewers will appreciate this election year”—with unlike some people heavily implied.

Not surprisingly, Olbermann isn't going gently into the basic-cable night. He's already used his favorite medium, Twitter, to issue the following statement, in which he "apologizes" for ever getting involved with Current TV, while also saying he will take "legal action" against Al Gore and Joel Hyatt.

Quote:
I'd like to apologize to my viewers and my staff for the failure of Current TV. Editorially, Countdown had never been better. But for more than a year I have been imploring @AlGore and @JoelHyatt to resolve our issues internally, while I've been not publicizing my complaints, and keeping the show alive for the sake of its loyal viewers and even more loyal staff. Nevertheless, Mr. Gore and Mr. Hyatt, instead of abiding by their promises and obligations and investing in a quality news program, finally thought it was more economical to try to get out of my contract. It goes almost without saying that the claims against me in Current's statement are untrue and will be proved so in the legal actions I will be filing against them presently.

To understand Mr. Hyatt’s “values of respect, openness, collegiality and loyalty,” I encourage you to read of a previous occasion Mr. Hyatt found himself in court for having unjustly fired an employee. That employee’s name was Clarence B. Cain. In due course, the truth of the ethics of Mr. Gore and Mr. Hyatt will come out. For now, it is important only to again acknowledge that joining them was a sincere and well-intentioned gesture on my part, but in retrospect a foolish one. That lack of judgment is mine and mine alone, and I apologize again for it.

Suffice it to say, this is only going to get uglier.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:53 am 

You gotta love it when two crazy left liberals like Algore and Oberdouche team up, and then turn on each other with their crazy viciousness.

I almost posted this under "DAMN IT FEELS GOOD TO BE A REPUBLICAN."

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:40 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
Current TV fires Keith Olbermann, and Keith Olbermann says he'll sue

Olbermann had spent his freshman year complaining about his show’s cheap sets, his car service, and his lack of influence over hiring decisions, despite ostensibly being the network’s “Chief News Officer.” This was answered by various statements and emails fired off by Olbermann to outlets like The Hollywood Reporter, in which he claimed he was not being given "acceptable conditions" under which to host, making acerbic reference to the many technical glitches that had become as much a part of his show as his (recently suspended) “Worst Persons In The World” segment.

That loser tried to make himself out to be the freedom fighter for the common man.

and the leftoids ate it up.

by bye bye Kweef!

LOL!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:44 am 

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:08 pm 

Keith Olbermann had a little hissyfit about Jimmy Kimmel

Jimmy Kimmel was 20 minutes deep into his opening at the White House Correspondents Dinner on Saturday night when he finally got to mentioning insufferable dickhead Keith Olberman (”He has more pink slips than Marcus Bachmann.” That’s a gay joke about Michelle Bachmanns husband, if you couldn’t tell), who, of course, immediately ran to twitter and pouted about it.

“Funny that Jimmy Kimmel ripped me after his people desperately wanted me to fly to LA to be on his show this past Wednesday. #nerdprom.”
“I’m not complaining about the Kimmel jokes — I’m fair game. I’m complaining about the revenge element. It reminds me of O’Reilly #nerdprom.”

Ohh yeah, that must be it. Kimmel is out for revenge because Olberman didn’t go on his show. What a coup it would have been for Kimmel, whose ratings are 900 percent higher than Olbermans were, if he could have scored a monotone jackass giving his 50th interview about being fired over a month ago. It would have been a ratings extravaganza, and it’s eating Kimmel up inside. I just hope he doesn’t do anything rash and hurt himself.

P.J. O'Rourke