Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 12:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 847 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 57  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dumbo and the Middle East
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:19 pm 

GADDAFI: 'OBAMA IS FRIEND'

Libyan leader praises US president: 'He is of Muslim descent, his policy should be supported, as he now leans towards peace'

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:27 pm 

The Obama Administration's spineless response to Colonel Gaddafi's reign of terror

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:40 pm 

edited

Last edited by paul87920 on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:52 pm 

paul87920 wrote:
-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:

Trying to pass off a blog as news? And you admonished Artie for trying to pass off Kos as news. Way to stoop to his level.

So, illuminate me on how masterfully and strongly O'Bama has handled the uprisings in the Middle East.

What facts do you have in his defense that I am unaware of.

Tell us of the empty suit's voting "present" in this situation is a salve on the burning situation.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:23 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
So, illuminate me on how masterfully and strongly O'Bama has handled the uprisings in the Middle East.

Tell us of the empty suit's voting "present" in this situation is a salve on the burning situation.

well?
Quote:
Why was President Obama last to speak up on Libya?
Washington Post, by Editorial

ONCE AGAIN, an Arab dictator is employing criminal violence in a desperate effort to remain in power - and once again, the Obama administration has been slow to find its voice. This time, the tyrant is one of the Middle East's most evil men - Moammar Gaddafi, whose regime has staged spectacular terrorist attacks against Americans in addition to brutalizing its own people. Having apparently lost control of most of the country, Mr. Gaddafi has unleashed an orgy of bloodshed in the capital, Tripoli, using foreign mercenaries and aircraft to attack his own people. Like Saddam Hussein, he has retreated to a bunker, and he has vowed to fight to "the last drop of blood."

Governments around the world have been condemning this appalling stance and the terrible slaughter it has caused

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... inionsbox1

While I highly doubt it, he hasn't opened his big mouth maybe because we have fellow Americans there trying to get out safe and any remarks he might make would only endanger them like he does with our troops. But my gut tells me he respects and admires Moammar as a fellow muslim too much to bash him..

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:15 am 

Gaddafi militia open fire on protesters

Dear president empty suit, it is time to send the Marines back to tripoli.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:23 am 

Moby Grape wrote:
-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:

well?
Quote:
Why was President Obama last to speak up on Libya?
Washington Post, by Editorial

ONCE AGAIN, an Arab dictator is employing criminal violence in a desperate effort to remain in power - and once again, the Obama administration has been slow to find its voice. This time, the tyrant is one of the Middle East's most evil men - Moammar Gaddafi, whose regime has staged spectacular terrorist attacks against Americans in addition to brutalizing its own people. Having apparently lost control of most of the country, Mr. Gaddafi has unleashed an orgy of bloodshed in the capital, Tripoli, using foreign mercenaries and aircraft to attack his own people. Like Saddam Hussein, he has retreated to a bunker, and he has vowed to fight to "the last drop of blood."

Governments around the world have been condemning this appalling stance and the terrible slaughter it has caused

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... inionsbox1

While I highly doubt it, he hasn't opened his big mouth maybe because we have fellow Americans there trying to get out safe and any remarks he might make would only endanger them like he does with our troops. But my gut tells me he respects and admires Moammar as a fellow muslim too much to bash him..

I can't fault him for waiting until American citizens were safe before calling for sanctions; I think it was the right thing to do. I know if it was my loved ones or myself over there, I would have appreciated it. We'll have to wait and see how he handles the remainder of the situation.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:54 pm 

Do tyrants fear America anymore? President Obama’s timid foreign policy is an embarrassment for a global superpower

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:04 pm 

OIL SHOCK AS MIDEAST SPIRALS

And Barry just keeps voting "present."

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:01 am 

UNREST SPREADS: Yemeni army 'fires on protesters'

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:48 am 

Saudi Arabia bans all protest and marches

Obama goes golfing

P.J. O'Rourke

Last edited by -={ARCLIGHT}=- on Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:43 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
paul87920 wrote:
-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:

Trying to pass off a blog as news? And you admonished Artie for trying to pass off Kos as news. Way to stoop to his level.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:30 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:

Libya Tanks Move In To Crush Rebel Stronghold

How much longer will Dumbo just sit on his hands as the middle east erupts?

We are AMERICA, we are know for our LEADERSHIP.

Thankfully this clown didn't have to deal with a 9/11 event.

Yet.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:35 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
paul87920 wrote:
-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:

Two weeks later and the liberals on the board have not made a peep in defense of their messiah's handling of the middle east.

Democrats are a bunch of cowards.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:51 pm 

You complain about public employees taking too much of OUR taxes, but don't mind funneling it down the tube in the middle east...typical repuk: let people starve, but let's make some more guns...

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 847 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 57  Next