Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 847 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 57  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dumbo and the Middle East
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:05 pm 

The probable repubs presidential candidates weigh in...
Quote:
Enough, in fact, that it seems somehow dissonant to hear Tea Party favorites like Mike Huckabee worried about the fall of a dictator and the rise of a democratic system influenced by traditional religion.

Quote:
HUCKABEE: There’s been a long-time concern from the part of Americans as to some of the heavy-handed ruling of Mubarak. I don’t think anyone was expecting there to be a wholesale endorsement or even an indication that they hope he stayed. But just simply an acknowledgement that he had, in fact, not done everything wrong, and had brought stability.

http://www.religiondispatches.org/dispatches/guest_bloggers/4152/no_democracy_in_huckabee%E2%80%99s_orientalist_egypt/
Huckabee defended Mubarak on Fox News Tuesday morning, as well.
Quote:
“I don’t think anybody is trying to defend everything that [Mubarak] did as president, but they would have liked to have seen at least an acknowledgment that he’s been a friend for all these years,” he said. “So the concern is that if the U.S. will so quickly turn on that friend, how quickly will it turn on its other friends?"

http://www.neontommy.com/news/2011/02/2012-gop-hopefuls-weigh-or-stay-mum-egypt
Quote:
POLITICO notes, "Romney, the only top-tier candidate to come out in support of President Barack Obama’s handling of the situation, asserted Tuesday that Mubarak should step down. And he came closest to expressing support for Obama’s approach, a position that put him at risk with a conservative base that is deeply antagonistic toward the president."

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:43 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Quote:
Enough, in fact, that it seems somehow dissonant to hear Tea Party favorites like Mike Huckabee worried about the fall of a dictator and the rise of a democratic system influenced by traditional religion.

Mubarak’s ouster could possibly set the stage for a surge in power for the Muslim Brotherhood.
Is this the type of ‘traditional religion’ you would wish upon the people of Egypt, chuckmo?

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/n ... nid=172669

Thursday, February 3, 2011
Govt asked to explain failure to stop fatwa

L-R: Mofiz Uddin and JoynalStaff Correspondent

The High Court yesterday ordered district officials in Shariatpur to explain why they failed to protect 14-year-old rape victim Hena from being whipped to death as per a fatwa on Monday.
………
The reports said Hena was raped by her 40-year-old relative Mahbub on Sunday. Next day, a fatwa was announced at a village arbitration that she must be given 100 lashes. She fell unconscious after nearly 80 lashes.
Fatally injured Hena was rushed to Naria health complex where she succumbed to her injuries.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:44 am 

chuckmo48 wrote:

Quote:

Here is chuckwad's idea of "a democratic system influenced by traditional religion."

Go figure... :roll:

Quote:
Egypt Sees Looting In Wake Of Protests

Copyright © 2011 National Public Radio®. For personal, noncommercial use only. See Terms of Use. For other uses, prior permission required.

MICHELE NORRIS, host:

Egypt is home to some of the world's most precious monuments and antiquities, from the Pyramids of Giza to Luxor's Valley of the Kings, to the museums of Cairo.

Well, thieves have used the growing unrest in the country as cover to plunder, or at least try to plunder some of those treasures. On Friday, looters broke into Cairo's Egyptian National Museum and damaged, among other things, a statue of King Tut.

Dr. Zahi Hawass was a longtime government antiquities official, and as of yesterday, the new minister of state for archeology. He says, though, he knew the museum had been broken into Friday night, he could not survey the damage until Saturday morning because of a government curfew.

Dr. ZAHI HAWASS (Minister of State for Archeology, Egypt): In the ceiling of the museum, the windows are like from glasses. They broke the glasses and they were like maybe 15 feet down at night, therefore they could not see anything. Then they began to open 13 cases, and they began to look for gold. When they found no gold, they threw the statues on the ground.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:46 pm 

Tide turns in favor of Brotherhood in revolt

Here we go . . .

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:58 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:

Indeed.

chuckwad48 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

The Muslim Brotherhood
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ideology
Methodology
Structure
History

The Muslim Brotherhood, also called Muslim Brethren (Arabic: جمعية الأخوان المسلمون Jamiat al-Ikhwan al-muslimun, literally Society of Muslim Brothers) is an Islamic organization with a political approach to Islam. It was founded in 1928 by Hassan al-Banna in Egypt after the collapse of the Ottoman Empire.

Ideology

The Muslim Brotherhood opposes secular tendencies of Islamic nations and wants return to the precepts of the Qur'an, and rejection of Western influences. They also reject extreme Sufism. They organize events from prayer meetings to sport clubs for socializing.

The organization's motto is as follows: “Allah is our objective. The Prophet is our leader. Qur'an is our law. Jihad is our way. Dying in the way of Allah is our highest hope.”

An important aspect of the Muslim Brotherhood ideology is the sanctioning of jihad such as the 2004 fatwa issued by Sheikh Yousef Al-Qaradhawi making it a religious obligation of Muslims to abduct and kill U.S. citizens in Iraq.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jso ... rhood.html

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:52 pm 

USMarine wrote:
chuckmo48 wrote:

Quote:

Here is chuckmo's idea of "a democratic system influenced by traditional religion."

Here's yours....
Quote:
Pat Robertson calls for the impeachment of every judge who disagree with his agenda.

Quote:
The christian-right mantra that the USA is a Christian Nation, and that our legal system is founded on the Christian Bible.

Quote:
I am sure that only a Christian-controlled country is going to be able to stand up to the impending threat and avert the approaching disaster that our nation is facing." Rev. D. James Kennedy, president of the Center for Reclaiming America.

Quote:
God emphatically condemns the practice of exchanging proper gender characteristics among men and women. God justly calls for the death-penalty for anyone who practices homosexuality. " Citizens for the Ten Commandments.

http://www.webpan.com/dsinclair/rright.html
The Christian Brotherhood?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:19 pm 

chuckwad48 wrote:
Here's yours....

Thanks for playing.... :smt005 :smt006

BBBBBBBWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHA
HHAHAHAAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHH
AHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAH
HAHHAHAHAAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHH
AHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHHAH
AHAAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAAHA
HAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
HAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHHHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:54 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
chuckmo48 wrote:

Quote:

Here's yours....
Quote:
Pat Robertson calls for the impeachment of every judge who disagree with his agenda.

Quote:
The christian-right mantra that the USA is a Christian Nation, and that our legal system is founded on the Christian Bible.

Quote:
I am sure that only a Christian-controlled country is going to be able to stand up to the impending threat and avert the approaching disaster that our nation is facing." Rev. D. James Kennedy, president of the Center for Reclaiming America.

Quote:
God emphatically condemns the practice of exchanging proper gender characteristics among men and women. God justly calls for the death-penalty for anyone who practices homosexuality. " Citizens for the Ten Commandments.

http://www.webpan.com/dsinclair/rright.html
The Christian Brotherhood?

My, my, chuckmo.
I hadn’t heard about Pat Robertson, Reverend Kennedy, the Citizens for the Ten Commandments, and the Christian right in general rioting, looting, and murdering in our cities, along with threatening to overthrow our government. Where, exactly, is this occurring?
Peotone?
DeMotte?
Hessville?
Some other major metropolis?
You always make it impossibly easy to laugh at you, chuckmo – keep up the good work.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:37 pm 

happy jack wrote:
Mubarak’s ouster could possibly set the stage for a surge in power for the Muslim Brotherhood.
Is this the type of ‘traditional religion’ you would wish upon the people of Egypt, chuckmo?

So are you saying that you agree with Huckabee...The US should prop up Mubarak government (Dictatorship)...I thought you and the rest of the neos back democracy. I am so sure that if our government backed the government now in power who would be yelling like a scalded pig!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:10 pm 

:lol:

Chuckwad now knows what everyone would say about everything.

OMG.... :shock:

Chuckwad is artie!!!!!

:smt005

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:31 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

So are you saying that you agree with Huckabee...The US should prop up Mubarak government (Dictatorship)...I thought you and the rest of the neos back democracy. I am so sure that if our government backed the government now in power who would be yelling like a scalded pig!

Jesus H., chuckmo.
Are you so blind and deluded that you seriously believe that the Muslim Brotherhood, should they seize power, would have even the slightest intention of establishing a democracy?
I generally expect the ridiculous from you, but on this you have my congratulations – you have really topped yourself this time.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:51 pm 

happy jack wrote:
chuckmo48 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Jesus H., chuckmo.
Are you so blind and deluded that you seriously believe that the Muslim Brotherhood, should they seize power, would have even the slightest intention of establishing a democracy?

So you are saying we should prop up Mubarak?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:40 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Jesus H., chuckmo.

So you are saying we should prop up Mubarak?

I would rather see in power an autocracy that offers to sustain at least some of the best interests of the U.S. rather than a theocracy intent on wiping Israel, the U.S., and all things Western and secular off the face of the earth.
Which would you prefer, chuckmo?

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:07 am 

edited

Last edited by paul87920 on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:15 am 

Anti-American kids with all the answers just crack me up !!!

:roll:

paulOU812 wrote:
I get your point, but how often does our interference in the Middle East, come back to bite us in the ass in the future?

We interfered in Iranian affairs in the 50's just to have them blame us and turn on us in the 70's.
Then we propped up Saddam in the 80's to take on Iran just to have problems with him since the 90's.
We propped up Afghanistan against the Soviet Union just to have the Taliban turn on us.

If we prop up Mubarak, the people of Egypt will eventually take him down. Maybe not now. Maybe in 20 years, but guess who their going to blame for that? We don't need history to repeat itself.

Translation: Muslim extremism is America's fault.

Typical.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 847 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 57  Next