Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 847 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 57  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dumbo and the Middle East
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:03 pm 

paul87920 wrote:
I get your point, but how often does our interference in the Middle East, come back to bite us in the ass in the future?

We interfered in Iranian affairs in the 50's just to have them blame us and turn on us in the 70's.
Then we propped up Saddam in the 80's to take on Iran just to have problems with him since the 90's.
We propped up Afghanistan against the Soviet Union just to have the Taliban turn on us.

If we prop up Mubarak, the people of Egypt will eventually take him down. Maybe not now. Maybe in 20 years, but guess who their going to blame for that? We don't need history to repeat itself.

USMarine wrote:
Anti-American kids with all the answers just crack me up !!!
Translation: Muslim extremism is America's fault.
Typical.

Because Paul knows the history of parts of the middle east he is anti-american...He is correct in each of his points. All it proves when you are confronted with cold, hard, emotionless facts you resort to your typical crap (BWWWAAAA you hate the US) Yes there is a faction that blames the US for what it has done previously in the middle east, and yes in some cases we reap what we sow...

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:02 pm 

chuckwad48 wrote:
paulOU812 wrote:
I get your point, but how often does our interference in the Middle East, come back to bite us in the ass in the future?

USMarine wrote:
Anti-American kids with all the answers just crack me up !!!
Translation: Muslim extremism is America's fault.
Typical.

Because Paul knows the history of parts of the middle east he is anti-american...He is correct in each of his points. All it proves when you are confronted with cold, hard, emotionless facts you resort to your typical crap (BWWWAAAA you hate the US) Yes there is a faction that blames the US for what it has done previously in the middle east, and yes in some cases we reap what we sow...

:smt005

Paul doesn't know the history of the Middle East anymore than you do, chuckwad.

You freaks hate all things America and you are correct about a "faction" that hates America and blames us for everything...they are called "liberals"....go figure.

:smt006

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:22 pm 

USMarine wrote:
Paul doesn't know the history of the Middle East anymore than you do

paul87920 wrote:
We interfered in Iranian affairs in the 50's just to have them blame us and turn on us in the 70's.
Then we propped up Saddam in the 80's to take on Iran just to have problems with him since the 90's.
We propped up Afghanistan against the Soviet Union just to have the Taliban turn on us.

OK...tell me where he is wrong in these three points.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:48 pm 

chuckwad48 wrote:

The US didn't "interfered" or "propped up" anything.

You are too stupid for words but here, try these and see if you can understand:

The Japanese were our sworn enemies and now they are our allies.

The Russians were our allies and now they are our enemies.

We fought 2 wars against the British and now they fight along side of us.

To say that X + Y = Z so ergo Y-Z = X shows a profound lack of understanding for American history and foreign policy in general.

You and your punk are fools.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:53 pm 

USMarine wrote:
chuckwad48 wrote:

The US didn't "interfered" or "propped up" anything.

Quote:
In 1953, newly elected President Dwight Eisenhower feared that Prime Minister Mohammad Mossadegh’s actions reflected pro-communist sympathies. To block further Soviet influence in Iran, Eisenhower organized the overthrow of the democratically elected Mossadegh with the help of the British secret service. Operation Ajax – led by TR’s grandson Kermit Roosevelt – successfully removed Mossadegh from office and installed a pro-American leader, Mohammad Reza Pahlavi – the “Shah.”

http://www.gvsu.edu/hauenstein/ask-gleaves-a-road-over-rough-terrain-us-iranian-relations-849.htm
Quote:
In March 1985, the Reagan administration issued National Security Decision Directive 166,29 a secret plan to escalate covert action in Afghanistan dramatically:
Abandoning a policy of simple harassment of Soviet occupiers, the Reagan team decided secretly to let loose on the Afghan battlefield an array of U.S. high technology and military expertise in an effort to hit and demoralize Soviet commanders and soldiers....

Quote:
One of the first non-Afghan volunteers to join the ranks of the mujahideen was Osama bin Laden, a civil engineer and businessman from a wealthy construction family in Saudi Arabia, with close ties to members of the Saudi royal family. Bin Laden recruited 4,000 volunteers from his own country and developed close relations with the most radical mujahideen leaders. He also worked closely with the CIA, raising money from private Saudi citizens.

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Afghanistan/Afghanistan_CIA_Taliban.html
How Reagan Armed Saddam with Chemical Weapons
Quote:
The NYT "revealed" that in the 1980s, the administration of US President Ronald Reagan covertly provided "critical battle planning assistance at a time when American intelligence knew that Iraqi commanders would employ chemical weapons in waging the decisive battles of the Iran-Iraq war".

http://www.counterpunch.org/dixon06172004.html

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:03 pm 

chuckwad48 wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:46 pm 

Muslim Brotherhood text reveals scope of radical creed; 'Global Islamic conquest'

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:13 pm 

[url=http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/feb/7/editorial-obama-proves-osama-was-right/]Obama proves Osama was right
When the chips are down, Barack abandons U.S. allies
[/url]

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:31 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
[url=http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/feb/7/editorial-obama-proves-osama-was-right/]Obama proves Osama was right
When the chips are down, Barack abandons U.S. allies
[/url]

Quote:
The Washington Times is a daily broadsheet newspaper published in Washington, D.C., the capital of the United States. It was founded in 1982 by Unification Church founder Sun Myung Moon, and until 2010 was owned by News World Communications, an international media conglomerate associated with the Unification Church which also owns newspapers in South Korea, Japan, and South America. The Times is considered to be a socially and politically conservative.

Image[/quote]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:43 am 

Protest signs...nothing really anti Israel or US...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:08 am 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Quote:
The Washington Times is a daily broadsheet newspaper published in Washington, D.C., the capital of the United States. It was founded in 1982 by Unification Church founder Sun Myung Moon, and until 2010 was owned by News World Communications, an international media conglomerate associated with the Unification Church which also owns newspapers in South Korea, Japan, and South America. The Times is considered to be a socially and politically conservative.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/social/mc ... 41090.html

Oh no . . . Not the HuffPo!

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:55 pm 

paul87920 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
I would rather see in power an autocracy that offers to sustain at least some of the best interests of the U.S. rather than a theocracy intent on wiping Israel, the U.S., and all things Western and secular off the face of the earth.

If we prop up Mubarak, the people of Egypt will eventually take him down. Maybe not now. Maybe in 20 years, but guess who their going to blame for that? We don't need history to repeat itself.

Virtually the entire Middle East hates us, and will continue to hate us, regardless of whether or not we interfere in their affairs, and regardless of who is in the White House.
They would love nothing more than to see the U.S. and Israel cease to exist.
We cannot appease them by attempting to help them, and we cannot appease them by ignoring them.
They hate us, they always have, and they always will, so we may as well accept that fact - period.
Remember how all of our problems were going to be solved, and how the rest of the world was going to engage in a never-ending love affair with the U.S. as soon as that monster, George W. Bush, left office, and The Anointed One stepped in?
How's that working out?

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:01 pm 

Off topic, but has anyone else had trouble logging in?
I got a dialog box telling me that I had made too many failed attempts to log in (which was not true), and had to type in one of those impossible-to-read confirmation codes about a dozen times before I was allowed to log in.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:12 pm 

happy jack wrote:
Off topic, but has anyone else had trouble logging in?
I got a dialog box telling me that I had made too many failed attempts to log in (which was not true), and had to type in one of those impossible-to-read confirmation codes about a dozen times before I was allowed to log in.

Yeah, same deal here this morning but ever since then it's been ok.

Must have been a board glitch/software update or some such nonsense.

:smt006

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:21 pm 

ElBaradei warns Egypt will 'explode'

P.J. O'Rourke

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 847 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 57  Next