Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Banned Words
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:12 am 

Plasmatronics, Plasmatronics , Plasmatronics.

Seems to be ok here!

:D

So the question is whether the city of CP put pressure on the Times board to eliminate all discussion of this questionable loan to a private company, or did the company well connected to Governor Daniels put the squeeze on?

Meanwhile many posters on the other board claim to not have a problem over the silencing of this questionable deal or of the reported pressure of slumlords and political figures to quash free debate.

Quash, for those who don't know is defined by WordWeb as:

1 Put down by force or intimidation
"The government quashes any attempt of an uprising"
2. Declare invalid

So it's no longer ok to question when the government takes questionable action with little or no debate? It's ok to give a free pass to shady business dealings a city is engaged in? It's ok to silence people because of their political views?

:shock:

I tell you something BIG must be brewing. Could this be a pre-cursor to silencing opposition to the massive rail plan once funding schemes are finalized for the project? Could this even be used to lessen opposition to a future vote on a new tax?

Is it hard to imagine that there could be a loose connection to all these seemingly unrelated simultaneous events? Whether by design or pure coincidence the result is the same - silence of the lambs.

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:20 pm 

Yes, I can write the word Plasmatronics just fine here and it will appear!

You bring up an interesting theory Mirage. I don't think it was the city of CP putting the pressure on the Times unless by council attorney & good friend of Klein & Corbin, Rich Wolters. I think Dan Klein is feeling the pressure. He had threads pulled in the past when he was first elected mayor. When he didn't like someone posting about his violation of election law with his Klein Chronicles or other hot topics, he would call and threaten a lawsuit and the threads were pulled.

Honestly, no one has convinced me that extending the SS to Valpo & Lowell will be beneficial to the area. Will this just be another project funded with public money that is given to contractor friends of corrupt politicians? Will these these trains go unfilled as many Gary buses are? Has anyone actually done a market study to see if there is a need?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:24 am 

It's the chicken & egg I fear.

They claim they can't do studies until they have funding secured, but by then it will be too late and there will be no going back no matter what the studies say. :roll:

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:44 pm 

So, why not just fund a study. Heck for a few thousand dollars I could send out a survey to those communities, tally up the response & send in my report.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:52 am 

Because we all know pretty much what any fair study would confirm. That today there is not enough expected ridership to justify the project in any way, shape, or form.

Post subject: Re: Banned Words
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:52 pm 
Banned

Mirage wrote:
Plasmatronics, Plasmatronics , Plasmatronics.

Seems to be ok here!

:D

Chidester, Chidester, Chidester.

Mirage, try that word on the Times board -- I guess Yuri has been busy in the Porter County forum as well...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:25 am 

We can't have people discussing the use of public money freely.
What kind of a world would that be?
If they did that, it could even leak into the papers and lead to questions in a wider audience!
That's too horrible to contemplate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:36 pm 

Mustard!!!
You made it over!

Glad to see you!