Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Klein Under Investigation by FBI for Plasmatronics Loan
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 11:44 am 

Public Oversight wrote:
I heard a very different story from someone who was present. The photographer used the camera like an assault weapon firing 7 consecutive flashes into Fran Katz's face and blinding her. Allan Katz took the camera until his wife recovered her vision and returned it unharmed to the photographer with a reprimand. I understand the Katzes received an apology call from Bill Nangle, Editor of the Times.

That is what I heard as well.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:41 pm 

The Truthinator wrote:
From the Nitwit Times:

She checked the numbers posted and then left with her husband. In the parking lot, Allan Katz made a brief statement on Katz's behalf, saying she would support Klein in the fall as a photographer contributing to The Times took photos. Allan Katz became agitated at the photographer and tried to take her camera from her neck. He eventually let go.

Like I said, Allan is a nut job.

This coming from the same person "sock puppet" and Decker who has criticized all of us for believing what we read in the media?? I guess that's a one way street for you? See that's just it, I don't believe anything the media prints and I certainly don't believe people like you, Decker and especially politician's. I do my own research and then make up my own mind, unlike you mindless idiots.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:51 pm 

Linda Decker wrote:
"Politician's R Liars", I'll just put you in the hates our guts column and move on. Enjoy your ulcer and high blood pressure. It's been kind of you to bring up all of the misconceptions about the situation so they could be corrected for other readers. Over and out.

"scumbag", if being a taxpayer who is fed up with dirty deals, lying politicians, and scumbags like you makes me a person with “ulcer's and high blood pressure”, I guess I'm your man. There is no misconception here, it's simple!

#1 Plasmatronics given a loan for 1/2 a million dollars by, politician's who should have not been legally allowed to do so in the first place, using taxpayers money.

#2 Plasmatronics mismanaged the money and "lost their azz's, not following through with their big promises that got them the loan.

#3 Plasmatronics left town and did not pay back the money they owed the taxpayers who were completely innocent victims in this dirty deal.

#4 Plasmatronics forced the politician's (under pressure by the taxpayers) to sue them, and we all know that when lawyers know they are going to lose in court they settle out of court.. Which in turn cost the taxpayers even more money.

Over and out...

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 12:07 am 
Banned

CPWatcher wrote:
Public Oversight wrote:
I heard a very different story from someone who was present. The photographer used the camera like an assault weapon firing 7 consecutive flashes into Fran Katz's face and blinding her. Allan Katz took the camera until his wife recovered her vision and returned it unharmed to the photographer with a reprimand. I understand the Katzes received an apology call from Bill Nangle, Editor of the Times.

Everyone I know thinks that someone who takes the camera from a paparazzi who is assaulting their wife is a hero.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 6:29 pm 

cheerleader wrote:
CPWatcher wrote:
Public Oversight wrote:

Everyone I know thinks that someone who takes the camera from a paparazzi who is assaulting their wife is a hero.

I understand that Kathleen Quilligan was more concerned about her camera than about Fran Katz' blinded vision.

What a dumb ditz Quilligan is.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 12:31 pm 
Banned

I understand that the FBI is looking for Eric Hammond who was Klein's Economic Development Director, Head of the Crown Point Development Corporation and who personally signed the $380,000 in checks to Plasmatronics.

He seems to have vanished.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 4:16 pm 

I understand that the FBI wants to know whether the Sheepscot 9450 Double Acting Dispensing System produced by Exact Resin Dispensing Systems of Newcastle, Maine, purchased by Plasmatronics, Inc. on October 16, 2007, was ever installed at the Plasmatronics building.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:45 am 

CPWatcher wrote:
I understand that the FBI wants to know whether the Sheepscot 9450 Double Acting Dispensing System produced by Exact Resin Dispensing Systems of Newcastle, Maine, purchased by Plasmatronics, Inc. on October 16, 2007, was ever installed at the Plasmatronics building.

It appears that a year after Plasmatronics and Linda Decker had arrived in Crown Point and leased the building at 1175 Arrowhead Court, no production equipment for their device had been installed in the Plasmatronics building.

The Klein administration inspected the building and knew this.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:41 pm 

City seeks judgment against Plasmatronics

CROWN POINT | The city is seeking a final judgment against New York-based Plasmatronics after the firm allegedly failed to make monthly installments to pay back a loan, city officials said.

A motion filed in Marion County Superior Court asks for a judgment of $379,746 against defendants Plasmatronics Inc., Plasmatronics LLC, Linda Decker and Lonnie Lenarduzzi.

The Plasmatronics website lists Decker as president and chief executive officer and Lenarduzzi as chief scientist of the firm, a manufacturer of plasma based products including a drive ignition system for automobiles.

Decker and Lenarduzzi did not return a phone message or e-mailed requests for comment on Monday.

Hammond based attorney Joseph Stalmack, who'd represented Plasmatronics previously, said Tuesday he plans to withdraw "very soon" from the case and would not comment on it. Decker and Lenarduzzi did not respond to an e-mailed request for the name of another attorney representing the firm.

The motion filed Monday alleges the company and its officials are liable for the $379,746 after breaching a loan agreement with the Crown Point Development Corp.

The nearly $380,000 is what the city had already paid to Plasmatronics of a $500,000 loan it offered the company as part of an economic incentives package to locate in Crown Point, where the company said it planned to manufacture its Plasma Drive Ignition System.

The city filed a lawsuit in July 2008 to recover the money after Plasmatronics terminated its relationship with the city.

The two sides agreed in February on a settlement of $125,000 if monthly payments were made of $3,000 over 41 months. The company made one payment in April and none since, city officials said, prompting them to seek court judgment for the full amount.

Current Mayor David Uran, who was elected after the deal was put in place during the administration of then-Mayor Dan Klein, said in a prepared release Monday he had "inherited this terrible deal" on his first day in office.

"I am upset this entire situation has cost the taxpayers hundreds of thousands of dollars and three years to be resolved," Uran said.

City Attorney David Nicholls said if the motion for a final judgment is granted the city will move to begin the collection process for the money. No hearing date has been set.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:09 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:

Current Mayor David Uran, who was elected after the deal was put in place during the administration of then-Mayor Dan Klein, said in a prepared release Monday he had "inherited this terrible deal" on his first day in office.

"I am upset this entire situation has cost the taxpayers hundreds of thousands of dollars and three years to be resolved," Uran said.

City Attorney David Nicholls said if the motion for a final judgment is granted the city will move to begin the collection process for the money. No hearing date has been set.

The matter isn't resolved. Current Mayor David Uran, in true East Chicago style, has used the Plasmatronics debacle to bilk Crown Point out of over $200,000 in legal fees to attorneys, all of whom contribute to Uran's political war-chest. Both the Uran and Klein administrations are currently under investigation for alleged political corruption, since it appears that over $200,000 of the $380,000 loan was skimmed and has not been accounted for.

There's enough stench for two administrations.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:32 pm 

The barely employable have led Lake County and Crown Point for too long. Crown Point has had three consecutive Barely Employable mayors in Metros, Klein and Uran. None of them could hold a credible job. That is why Crown Point gets Plasmatronics, Bo Jackson, and Brogan Pharmaceuticals and why Crown Point is rejected by sound companies like Gordon Foods and Dawn Foods. Top flight executives demand top flight public officials to work with.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:07 pm 
Banned

Public Oversight wrote:
The barely employable have led Lake County and Crown Point for too long. Crown Point has had three consecutive Barely Employable mayors in Metros, Klein and Uran. None of them could hold a credible job. That is why Crown Point gets Plasmatronics, Bo Jackson, and Brogan Pharmaceuticals and why Crown Point is rejected by sound companies like Gordon Foods and Dawn Foods. Top flight executives demand top flight public officials to work with.

Greg Guerrettaz' FSG Group did the due diligence review supporting the Plasmatronics loan. They are also doing the financial review and planning for the Bo Jackson project.

In December 2008, Mayor Uran. Keith Stevens and City Attorney Dave Nicholls knew that $255,000 had been spent on the supposed buildout of the Plasmatronics building but that there was very little actual buildout done. Instead of turning the matter over for criminal investigation, the Uran administration spent over $200,000 more on legal fees to lawyers who contribute to the Uran war-chest.

The Klein administration was responsible for loaning $380,000 to Plasmatronics without ever seeing a balance sheet, income statement or any hard evidence that the Plasmatronics device worked.

None of these people should be allowed near public funds.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:39 am 
Banned

The default by Plasmatronics is not surprising.

It looks like once the FBI began digging into the case, City Attorney Dave Nicholls wanted to settle at all costs, even if Crown Point got almost nothing. That is precisely what happened. The city settled, Plasmatronics made one $3,000 payment and then defaulted. The city refused to admit the default for three months between May 2010 and August 2010. Finally, when the Star Newspaper filed a public access request for evidence that Plasmatronics was paying $3,000 a month, Uran issued a press release saying Plasmatronics had defaulted and blaming the Klein administration for the entire mess.

In fact, in December 2008, when Mayor Uran, Keith Stevens and Nicholls knew that $255,000 was paid for virtually no buildout of the Plasmatronics building, they should have turned the case over for criminal prosecution for fraud and theft of public funds. Instead thery ran up $200,000 in legal fees to lawyers who contribute to Uran's campaign fund.

Both the Klein and Uran administrations have made a great deal of money on the Plasmatronics debacle while screwing the Crown Point taxpayers.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:57 am 

Klein, Nicholls, Keith Stevens and Uran should not be allowed near a public checkbook. Their main interest is milking Crown Point for as much money as possible. Their projects screw the taxpayers over while making money for themselves and their buddies.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:50 am 

CPWatcher wrote:
Klein, Nicholls, Keith Stevens and Uran should not be allowed near a public checkbook.

This fall Klien is going to make me vote for a democrat to keep him away from public money.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next