Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Klein Under Investigation by FBI for Plasmatronics Loan
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:05 pm 

The Truthinator wrote:
Politician's R liars is just some moron that can't spell.

You got it sock puppet recently created... I must be a moron; after all I wasn't smart enough to swindle $380K from the taxpayers...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:25 am 

Thats right, anyone that does not put up their real name on a board is a sock monkey. And you throw more digital feces around here than anyone else.

Say, come to think of it, the only one I know of that uses their real name on this board is Decker.

Epistemic Closure: the complete refusal of an individual to look at evidence or arguments that don't come from the like-minded.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:14 am 

With the Plasmatronics matter under investigation by the FBI, I would be surprised if the real Linda Decker's lawyer allows her to post on a chatboard.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:24 pm 

"CPWatcher", I decide to speak my mind in any manner I choose to express myself. This is really me. Why not call me for a chat? PS, I'll be ignoring adolescent name-calling, bullying or harassment with repeat questions I've already answered.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:21 pm 
Banned

Just saying that you already expained what happened to the $380,000, doesn't explain where it went. It's gone and Crown Point has no collateral.

Just saying that the Plasmatronics device worked doesn't make it work.

After a year in Crown Point, were there any firm orders for the device? From who?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:06 pm 

Cheerleader, you are again spewing garbage.

I called the mayors’ office myself to find out what the truth is. They said that the loan monies were all accounted for and that there is no FBI investigation. They also say that before the city offered Plasmatronics the loan, they paid a professional investigative firm to perform due diligence on the company and their claims. That investigation came up clean.

With a little digging I found the scientific paper that Decker says was published on thePlasmatronics ignition thing.

http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/Xplore/login ... ision=-203

Also I found that these guys have been around for about 20 years making high performance ignitions for Porsche, Ferrari and Lamborghini cars.

http://www.perma-tune.com

Epistemic Closure: the complete refusal of an individual to look at evidence or arguments that don't come from the like-minded.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:12 pm 

OOPS! wrong web link

Here is the right one:

http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/Xplore/login ... ision=-203

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:13 pm 

The Truthinator wrote:
Cheerleader, you are again spewing garbage.

I called the mayors’ office myself to find out what the truth is. They said that the loan monies were all accounted for and that there is no FBI investigation.

Quote:
Plasmatronics still ignites FBI queries

Building owner says agents asked about C.P. office build-out

By Kathleen Quilligan - kathleen.quilligan@nwi.com, (219) 662-5331 | Posted: Thursday, April 1, 2010 12:05 am

CROWN POINT | A second person involved in the dispute between Plasmatronics, Inc. and the Crown Point Development Corp. said he has spoken to the FBI.

Ronald Morris, the owner of the building that Plasmatronics, Inc. rented to use as its headquarters in 2007, said the FBI questioned him in early March about the building.

"I'm not under suspicion personally. I own the building," he said.

Morris declined to discuss specifics, but said questions from the FBI related to the build-out of 1175 Arrowhead Court which was supposed to be the headquarters of the company which planned to manufacture its Plasma Drive Ignition system in Crown Point.

In December, former Crown Point Development Corp. member Allan Katz said he had talked to the FBI.

Joseph Stalmack, the attorney representing New York-based Plasmatronics, Inc., said Wednesday neither he nor his clients had been contacted or questioned by the FBI.

"I don't know why they would be," he said.

In December, a spokeswoman for the FBI said the agency does not confirm interviews or investigations. Wednesday, a spokesman could not be reached for comment.

The Development Corp. resolved a dispute over a $380,000 loan to Plasmatronics with a settlement that has now been signed by all parties, Stalmack said.

In December 2008, the corporation hired attorneys with Indianapolis-based law firm Ice Miller to recover the $380,000 in economic development money the agency loaned Plasmatronics to locate in the city. Officials decided to attempt to recover the loan after the company terminated its relationship with the city.

Morris' company, Moress LLC, was added to the lawsuit created by Ice Miller. According to the lawsuit, in April 2008, Plasmatronics notified Moress it was leaving the building on Arrowhead Court and was transferring the improvements made to the building instead of further rent, and Moress accepted the transfer.

Plasmatronics' liability for breaching the lease was limited to $36,000, or six months rent, and Plasmatronics transferred to Moress improvements to the building costing $235,000, according to the lawsuit.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:16 pm 

This article is all bull. It came from the crackpot Allan Katz. Who you gonna believe, the mayor or Allan?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:22 pm 

The Truthinator wrote:
This article is all bull. It came from the crackpot Allan Katz. Who you gonna believe, the mayor or Allan?

Oh well when you put it that way, it must be true.[/sarcasm]

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:31 pm 

Its pure media manipulation.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:45 pm 

The Truthinator wrote:
Its pure media manipulation.

I guess that must be your superpower as the "Truthinator", us mere mortals shouldn't trust our own faculties and instead rely upon you telling us what the unbiased truth is.[/sarcasm]

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:11 pm 

The Truthinator wrote:

I read nothing that said the mayor refuted anything Allan said.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:21 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
I guess that must be your superpower as the "Truthinator", us mere mortals shouldn't trust our own faculties and instead rely upon you telling us what the unbiased truth is.[/sarcasm]

I am not asking you to trust me. I am just saying that you have be deceived and to go look for yourself.

Have you ever made phone calls and visits to see if what was reported in the newspaper is accurate? When it comes to something I care about, darn right I do. Have you even at least tired to call the people that are being maligned in this article to ask them what they think? Of course not. Its just too easy to see only one side of any story.

So maybe you don't care enough about this issue to look into it. At least keep an open mind.

I say check your facts. Do the backup research. Don't believe a sock monkey on the internet or the evening news. Well maybe Jon Stewart.

I read it in the paper so it must be true.

Heck, I saw on TV so it must be true.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:31 pm 
Banned

Dan Klein pushed the $380,000 out the Crown Point door. He even held a special meeting of the CP City Council on Saturday, July 21, 2007 at 8AM to approve the loan. Katz and VanSessen refused to sign off on the loan. It looks like they were right.

But why would Klein push the $380,000 out the door?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next