Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 1:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: BIG POLICE RAID IN GARY
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:39 am 

The police staged a big raid in Gary over the weekend in an attempt to reduce crime in the city. Here's one I expect you will never remember.
Crime was going wild in Gary years back with the" family street gang "running Gary. Police were reduced in force and in some cases a few police were on the take from the gangs for protection. This I know you will question, but let's see if anyone can pinpoint the police force that came to Gary and put a halt to the gang operations at that time. I tell this story at times and all I hear is, "you've got to be kidding". I know what happened because I was there. It all started on a Sunday afternoon.

Post subject: Re: BIG POLICE RAID IN GARY
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:14 am 

Indiana State Police.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:51 am 

Sorry...Big Dog. Not even close...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:03 am 

O.K. But you do remember the time Governor Evan Bayh called in The Indiana State Police? My time frame may be off.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:10 pm 

Big Dog.. You are not even close... It involved a Sheriff from another state. About 75 deputies were involved. They hit Gary on a Sunday afternoon. They came down Broadway from I80 with sirens blaring. They pulled up at the Gary Police station slammed on their brakes and the squads were positioned at a 45 degree angle. The deputies jumped out in full riot gear and stood in fromt of each car holding their batons across their chests. The local gangs were shocked to death. At that time the gangs were running the town. Each deputy had a pad lock, when they found liquor stores open, they padlocked the places and arrest the owners, then they went after the gang members. This lasted all day into the early hours of Monday. The jail was full. That was the start of the elimination of the Family Street Gang headed by Garland Jeffers. Now let's see if you can find out who was the Sheriff and where they came from. The Sheriff had a direct tie to President Nixon. I know the correct facts, because I was there and rode in one of the squads.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:09 am 

Do you remember 1995 and the Governor sent in 50 Indiana State Troopers? That is what i was talking about. Again 1995. Google Indiana State Police to Gary, Indiana.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:00 am 

Good morning Big Dog...I remember that in 1995 but this was in the late sixties. Who was Richard Nixon's secretary,, that's a good hint.
Remember the 18 minutes of missing audio tapes?