Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: America getting better without OBAMA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:24 pm 

Trump Signs New Executive Order To Cut Government, Seeks Public Input

The best government is a small one. So get out the old carving knife and have at it.

In a first for Washington, President Trump Monday invited the public to help out in his bid to reorganize the government, cut waste and duplication, all with the goal of saving billions of dollars.

In a new executive order that paves the way for substantial cuts in his forthcoming federal budget, the president made the unusual offer. “All Americans will be able to submit suggestions and ideas on how to make government work better for them,” said an official.

Leading the effort will be the director of the Office of Management and Budget, Mick Mulvaney, himself a budget hawk and former House member. Trump announced the executive order as Mulvaney stood next to him and the rest of the cabinet in the Oval Office.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:21 pm 

LIES...LIES...LIES

JUST IN: Trump Responds To Justice Department Over ‘Obama Wiretap’ With 4 Hours To Spare
Quote:
Sean Spicer told reporters during the daily briefing that Trump didn’t mean that Obama had actually wiretapped the Trump Towers and was simply referring to “surveillance and other activities.”

Quote:
In other words, Trump let the lie stand for nine days before anyone said that he didn’t mean exactly what he said.

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:26 pm 

Trump Plans To Cut U.N. Funding By More Than 50%

Make it 100%! And kick them out of the US!

President Trump’s administration has told the State Department to cut more than 50 percent of U.S. funding to United Nations programs, Foreign Policy reported.

The push for the drastic reductions comes as the White House is scheduled to release its 2018 topline budget proposal Thursday, which is expected to include a 37 percent cut to the State Department and U.S. Agency for International Development budgets.

It’s not clear if Trump’s budget plan, from the Office of Management and Budget, would reflect the full extent of Trump’s proposed cuts to the U.N.

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson has suggested phasing in the major reductions over the coming three years.

One official close the administration told Foreign Policy that Tillerson has flexibility about how best to implement the reduction.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:59 pm 

GOP Kicks Off Effort To Roll Back Obama’s Monument Designations, Bring Back Jobs

Extremely important move to unspool the damage that Obama did to local people and their jobs.

House lawmakers kicked off their effort to push back against national monuments designations, targeting the large swaths of ocean the Obama administration made off limits to fishing.

“I don’t believe the Antiquities Act should have ever been applied to oceans,” Alaska Republican Rep. Don Young said during a Wednesday hearing on marine monument designations. “There was never intent of that.”

Republicans on the House Committee on Natural Resources have long criticized former President Barack Obama’s use of the Antiquities Act to put millions of square miles off limits to commercial fishing with little to no input from locals.

With President Donald Trump in office and pending legal challenges, Republicans believe they can roll back some of Obama’s marine monuments or at least the restrictions on commercial fishing that were imposed with little to no input from local industries.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:22 pm 

OUCH...

Trump approval rating falls to lowest point with most favourable pollster Rasmussen Reports
Quote:
On Monday 14 March the Rasmussen Reports poll saw Trump's approval rating drop to 47%. This, and his disapproval rating of 53%, marked a six point increase in negative feelings about the job he's doing as president.

Quote:
Rasmussen Reports has been criticised as a "conservative-leaning polling group" by Time magazine, and it has been described as speaking to a "conservative constituency" and accused of using skewed polling methods. The latest polling numbers are significant because it marks the first time Rassmussen polls have tracked Trump's approval rating dipping below the 50% mark when other polls such as Gallup, Ipsos, and YouGov have tracked it below that point for weeks.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:57 am 

Trump To Issue Executive Order Decimating Obama’s Climate Change Regulations

Love it.

President Donald Trump is set to sign a sweeping directive to dramatically shrink the role climate change plays in decisions across the government, ranging from appliance standards to pipeline approvals, according to a person familiar with the administration’s plan.

The order, which could be signed this week, goes far beyond a targeted assault on Obama-era measures blocking coal leasing and throttling greenhouse gas emissions from power plants that has been discussed for weeks. Some of the changes could happen immediately; others could take years to implement.

It aims to reverse President Barack Obama’s broad approach for addressing climate change. One Obama-era policy instructed government agencies to factor climate change into formal environmental reviews, such as that for the Keystone XL pipeline. Trump’s order also will compel a reconsideration of the government’s use of a metric known as the “social cost of carbon” that reflects the potential economic damage from climate change. It was used by the Obama administration to justify a suite of regulations.

Tom Pyle, president of the American Energy Alliance, a conservative, fossil fuel-oriented advocacy group, welcomed Trump’s comprehensive approach, calling it essential to undoing Obama-era climate policies that “permeated the entire administration.”

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:32 pm 

White House Seeks To Cut EPA Budget 31% As Trump Continues To Targets Obama-Era Regulations

When any government agency becomes tyrannical and attempts to take your property via regulations, then yes... CUT AWAY!!

President Donald Trump’s administration is proposing a 31 percent cut to the Environmental Protection Agency’s budget, eliminating its climate change programs and trimming back core initiatives aimed at protecting air and water quality, according to budget documents released on Thursday.

The White House’s proposed 2018 budget for the agency comes as Trump seeks to clear away regulations he claims are hobbling U.S. businesses – like oil drillers and coal miners. The proposed cuts are a starting point in negotiations with Congress, and could be tempered.

The proposal would eliminate 3,200 EPA employees, or 19 percent of the current workforce, and effectively erase former President Barack Obama’s initiatives to combat climate change by cutting funding for the agency’s signature Clean Power Plan aimed at reducing carbon dioxide emissions.

It would also eliminate climate change research and international climate change programs. Together, the cuts to climate change initiatives at the agency would eliminate some $100 million in spending.

“Consistent with the President’s America First Energy Plan, the budget reorients the EPA’s air program to protect the air we breathe without unduly burdening the American economy,” a summary of the agency’s proposed budget said.

Trump has expressed doubts about the science of climate change and has said the United States can reduce green regulation drastically without compromising air and water quality.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:48 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
chuckmo48 wrote:
remember how you used to chide anyone that mentioned bush's name after 2008. Let's deal with the present.

Dear Stupid,

The problem they're fixing is called OBAMACARE!

Dear stupidier(sp)

Remember he vowed REPEAL AND REPLACE!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:01 pm 

Trump Presents First Budget, Eliminates Funding For Pet Liberal Programs, NPR, PBS

It probably wouldn’t stand, but it’s frankly a more conservative budget than anyone has ever proposed before so quite encouraging.

The new White House budget proposal, a wish list of President Donald Trump’s policies, would cut funding to several arts and grants programs that Republicans have decried for decades.

Trump’s 2018 budget, called “America First: A Budget Blueprint to Make America Great Again,” requests increases in defense spending and reduction of domestic programs.

Specifically, the budget “proposes to eliminate funding for other independent agencies,” including the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA), National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH), and the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, which sends some amount of funding to PBS and National Public Radio.

Though Big Bird only re-airs on PBS (“Sesame Street” is now on HBO), eliminating funding to things like the NEA Corporation for Public Broadcasting is not a new idea. Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney suggested cutting the CPB during the 2012 presidential campaign, and was quickly criticized. Former President Barack Obama even accused Romney of trying to kill Big Bird in a campaign ad.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:43 am 

TRUMP REDUCES DEBT BY $100 BILLION IN FIRST TWO MONTHS

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:39 pm 

Trump Admin To Boycott UN Human Rights Council For Anti-Israel Agenda

What a change from Obama! Finally holding these guys to account for their nonsense, a surprisingly tough Nikkki Haley!

The Trump administration will boycott the United Nation’s Human Rights Council, or UNHRC, due to its efforts to advance an anti-Israel agenda, according to senior administration officials familiar with the effort who spoke to the Washington Free Beacon.

The UNHRC, which includes member countries cited for mass human rights abuses, is poised on Monday to adopt at least five anti-Israel resolutions, prompting outrage in the Trump administration over what officials described as the council’s unjust bias against the Jewish state.

The action on these items has prompted the Trump administration to boycott the council and refuse to attend the Monday meeting, according to administration officials apprised of the situation who spoke with the Free Beacon.

The boycott comes on the heels of the resignation of a Jordanian U.N. official who had sought to advance an anti-Israel agenda opposed by the United Statesand other nations.

Trump administration officials said the increased pressure on the U.N. is part of a larger effort by U.S. Ambassador Nikki Haley to significantly reform the international organization and root out those who use it as a platform to push anti-Israel initiatives.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:37 pm 

GOP Obamacare repeal bill betrays key Trump campaign promise

Another lie from the master of lies...
Quote:
During the 2016 presidential campaign, Donald Trump stumped hard on promises not to touch Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid.

Quote:
Known as the American Health Care Act, the bill would repeal much of the ACA (known as Obamacare) if Congress approves it, including wiping out the Medicaid expansion by removing coverage for an additional 14 million people. This would violate the campaign promise not to cut Medicaid.

Quote:
On the Medicare side, President Trump, despite numerous promises to save the federal health insurance program for those over 65, is supporting a bill that would strip Medicare of a key funding source, a 0.9% surtax on earnings over $200,000 that would have taken in $117 billion in the next decade

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:35 pm 

Kagan, Breyer Join Other Justices To Strike Down Unconstitutional Obama Appointment

But he was able to get what he wanted for 3 years worth of decisions, despite the fact that it was clearly unconstitutional.

The Supreme Court ruled that President Obama violated the Constitution when he maintained an acting agency appointment after the Senate refused to confirm him.

The court ruled Tuesday that Obama appointee Lafe Solomon illegally served as acting general counsel to the National Labor Relations Board from 2010 to 2013. Solomon, who once violated the agency’s ethics rules, should have vacated the position in accordance with the Federal Vacancies Reform Act of 1998 (FVRA) after the Senate refused to take up his nomination to serve as permanent general counsel in 2011, the court found in a 6-2 opinion authored by Chief Justice John Roberts. The appointment was an “end-run around” the Constitution.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:34 pm 

ICE Agents Cheer Trump Plan To Hire 15,000 New Agents, Let Them Do their Jobs

Actually hiring enough people to address the problem and then letting them do it. What a novel concept.

U.S. Border Patrol and Immigration and Customs Enforcement unions are cheering President Trump’s plan to hire 15,000 new agents, claiming that he has boosted sagging morale by promising to finally help the outnumbered immigration officers — and let them do their jobs.

“During my career at ICE I have never had the opportunity to commend a sitting U.S. president, or DHS secretary, but I’m doing so today. Amidst all the hammering from the media, and protests from special interest groups, President Trump and Secretary (John) Kelly haven’t wavered, but instead continued steadfast in their support of the rule of law and our officers in the field,” said Chris Crane president of the union representing ICE.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:35 pm 

He Was a Democrat for 30 Years. Why This Former Steelworker Now Backs Trump.

Gutting the job killing government regulations is step one.

:

For 17 years of his life, Roger Ramsey worked 80 hours a week as a maintenance technician for the Bethlehem Steel Company.

When the Sparrows Point, Maryland, steel mill closed, Ramsey was left wondering what the next step would be.

“I had spent 17 years of my life at that steel mill, and that’s when it hit me the most,” he told The Daily Signal.

“Everything that I had ever been promised—where if you work hard, you don’t screw up, then good things will come and in one fell swoop everything just slipped away—my mortgage, my kids’ college, it was all gone.”

Since Andrew Carnegie founded Carnegie Steel in 1892, steel has served as the backbone of the American manufacturing sector, but for many years the industry has been in a precipitous decline.

Bethlehem Steel was founded in 1857 and in 1916 purchased a steel plant at Sparrows Point, right outside of Baltimore. That facility quickly became not only Bethlehem Steel’s most productive mill, but the most productive one in the world. By the 1970s, Sparrows Point was the largest steel plant in the nation in size, personnel, and capacity.

But, as domestic steel became less prominent, the mill also took a hit. Sparrows Point’s first layoffs began in 1971, with nearly 3,000 people losing their jobs. In 1985, employment fell below 10,000 for the first time since the Great Depression.

Bethlehem Steel, once the nation’s largest steel company, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in 2001.

Various companies purchased the Sparrows Point mill from 2003 until 2012 when the mill officially closed its doors, leaving thousands of mill workers jobless.

Even though the manufacturing industry is “not what it used to be,” Ramsey said he has a newfound hope.

On his fourth day in office, President Donald Trump issued a presidential memorandum calling for the construction of both the Keystone XL and Dakota Access pipelines. Congruently, he announced in a separate presidential memorandum that the nation’s pipelines, from that point on, will be built using American-made steel.

“We’re going to put a lot of … steelworkers back to work,” Trump said. “We’ll build our own pipelines, we will build our own pipes.”

On Friday, the State Department finally approved the construction of the Keystone XL pipeline.

Many steelworkers, like Ramsey, say this promise of domestic steel is a step in the right direction for America’s declining manufacturing industry.

P.J. O'Rourke

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next