Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Countdown to critical mass
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:58 pm 

We are moving to def-con 4.5. That's a 1.5 drop , but this could be just the start...

Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Latest on President Donald Trump and the investigation into his campaign's potential ties to Russia (all times local):

6 p.m.

Fellow Republicans are pressing President Donald Trump to come clean about whether he has tapes of private conversations with former FBI Director James Comey.

And if he does, they want the president to hand them over to Congress or else possibly face a subpoena.

Hmmm...this is deja vu all over again. Now who was that fellow repub that liked to tape things... Oh that's right...Tricky Dick!

YOU MUST BE SO PROUD OF YOUR VOTE FOR PRESIDENT

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:35 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
YOU MUST BE SO PROUD OF YOUR VOTE FOR PRESIDENT

There is no "there" there. The Comey testimony proved it.

BTW The election was in 2016, who's administration was in charge of National Security?

At least Cankles isn't in charge.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:06 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Let's deal with the present.

chuckmo48 wrote:
Hmmm...this is deja vu all over again. Now who was that fellow repub that liked to tape things... Oh that's right...Tricky Dick!

I thought you didn't want to bring up the past.

Typical liberal, you want to set rules for your opponent that you don't need to follow.

We won't be playing by those rules.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:15 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
chuckmo48 wrote:
Let's deal with the present.

chuckmo48 wrote:

I thought you didn't want to bring up the past.

Typical liberal, you want to set rules for your opponent that you don't need to follow.

We won't be playing by those rules.

Making correlations is important here because it shows how hypocritical and devious the rethuglicon party has always been.

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:57 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Making correlations is important here because it shows how hypocritical and devious the rethuglicon party has always been.

You MUST be talking to the mirror.

DNC: We rigged primaries. So what?

WASHINGTON – The Democratic National Committee is currently defending the tactics it used last year to rig the presidential primary against Sen. Bernie Sanders in a class-action lawsuit, brazenly telling voters in a court of law that the party is not obligated to run a fair and impartial primary election.

Outraged by how the DNC unfairly boosted former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s candidacy and cleared the way for her primary victory, supporters of Sanders and Democratic donors sued the DNC in June 2016 alleging it defrauded its constituents.

During the primaries, the DNC blatantly tilted its primary system in favor of Clinton. Then-DNC chair Debbie Wasserman-Schultz was repeatedly criticized for trying to make the Democratic Party presidential debates as few and low-key as possible, to Clinton’s advantage.

Regardless of Sanders’ victories during the primaries and caucuses, superdelegates immediately lined up behind Hillary, guaranteeing Sanders’ defeat.

Internal DNC emails only confirmed allegations of the DNC’s rigged primary system, underscoring deep-rooted corruption.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:04 am 

chuckmo48 wrote:

Eatonville, FL Democrat Mayor Convicted Of Voter Fraud Sentenced To 4 Years Of Probation

Another game of guess the political party.

The former mayor of Eatonville convicted of tampering with the city’s 2015 elections was sentenced to four years of probation on Friday.

Anthony Grant was also sentenced to 25 days, but it included time served.

He made a last-minute plea for mercy.

“This has been one of the most difficult times of my life, this experience and being incarcerated,” said Grant. “I apologize to my family and friends for any embarrassment I’ve caused.”

He told the judge a trip to prison would leave his family without a provider.

He said he’s spent his life trying to do right by the people who relied on him.

“I pray to this court to have leniency on my sentence,” said grant.

His co-defendant, Mia Nowells, cried in court as she was confronted with the reality that she too was about to become a convicted felon.

Though the judge had harsh words, he put both of them on probation after time served.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:53 pm 

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:25 pm 

Senate GOP shifts focus to Lynch

Obstruction and collusion.

Senate Republicans are clamoring to hear from Loretta Lynch after former FBI Director James Comey raised concerns about her involvement in the Hillary Clinton email investigation.

Republicans on the Senate Judiciary Committee are seizing on Comey’s testimony earlier this month that he was concerned over the former attorney general telling the FBI to refer to the Clinton investigation as a “matter,” which resembled the Clinton campaign line.

The move could allow Republicans to attempt to pivot away from the investigation into Russia’s election meddling — which top GOP lawmakers have signaled belongs to the Intelligence Committee — and focus on Lynch, who has long been a target of Republicans.

Sen. John Cornyn (Texas), the No. 2 Senate Republican who is a member of both the Intelligence and Judiciary committees, said it “would be very helpful” for Lynch to testify before the Judiciary panel, which oversees the Justice Department.

“Frankly a lot of what Hillary Clinton was exposed to by Director Comey’s misconduct and the way he handled that was apparently in response to his lack of confidence in the attorney general, and I think there is a lot we could learn from that,” Cornyn said.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:51 pm 

Wasserman Schultz: ‘DNC Was Never Contacted’ By FBI About Computer Hack

This is in direct contradiction to what the FBI has said and what Jeh Johnson just testified to yesterday. Which raises the question, what are they hiding?

Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D., Fla.) said Wednesday that while she was chair of the Democratic National Committee, she was never contacted by the Federal Bureau of Investigation about the DNC hack.

Former Secretary of Homeland Security Jeh Johnson, who served during the Obama administration, had testified earlier that day the DNC rejected help from his department.

“At no point during my tenure at the DNC did anyone from the FBI or any other government agency contact or communicate with me about Russian intrusion on the DNC network,” Schultz said in a statement.

“It is astounding to me that the chair of an organization like the DNC was never contacted by the FBI or any other agency concerned about these intrusions,” Schultz said. “As a member of Congress, I had the unique clearance to hear any classified briefing that would be involved in such an intrusion, and the FBI clearly should have come to me with that information. They did not.”

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:22 pm 

Grassley, Feinstein Want Answers From Loretta Lynch

Get her under oath in a public session. Boy, that would be a barn burner!

The leaders of the Senate Judiciary Committee have officially launched their investigation into former Attorney General Loretta Lynch, trying to get to the bottom of whether she assured the Hillary Clinton campaign that the FBI probe into Clinton’s emails wouldn’t go too far.

The Judiciary panel announced Friday it had sent letters to Lynch and other officials — the opening bid in what Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) said last week would be separate investigations into the firing of former FBI Director James Comey and whether the Obama administration attempted to influence FBI investigations.

The letters announced Friday are signed by Grassley and his Democratic counterpart, Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California, along with leaders of the Judiciary Subcommittee on Crime and Terrorism, Chairman Lindsey Graham of South Carolina and ranking Democrat Sheldon Whitehouse of Rhode Island.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:10 pm 

Sealing And Transfer Of Susan Rice Records Angers House Committee Investigating ‘Unmasking’

Just hold them in contempt if they don’t comply.

House intelligence committee sources say career officials at the National Security Council are slow-walking the delivery of subpoenaed records on former National Security Adviser Susan E. Rice’s handling of classified information and the “unmasking” of Trump campaign workers — material from the Russian hacking probe that middle-level NSC managers claim was transferred to President Obama’s library and could “remain closed to the public for five years.”

One source, speaking only on the condition of anonymity, called the transfer curious and appeared to reflect an effort by former administration officials to obscure evidence on whether Ms. Rice and other top officials in the Obama White House illegally tried to identify which Trump campaign and transition aides had been caught up in the U.S. intelligence intercepts of Russian interference in the presidential race.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:45 pm 

Irony Alert: Trump Is Not Under An FBI Investigation, But Bernie Sanders Is

Looks like Bank Fraud Bernie is a tad upset that the FBI has come calling.

How do we know Donald Trump is not under an FBI investigation? Well, James Comey told us. He not only told us, but he told Chuck Schumer who, even after being told, still claimed President Trump was being investigated.

But we also know the president is not being investigated because everything has been leaked except that. The media, which has even leaked lies that they had to retract, has not leaked this. The president is not under investigation for collaborating with the Russians.

The irony here is rich. Democrats have rallied to Bernie Sanders as the leader of the opposition against Donald Trump. He attracts huge crowds across the nation. One of his acolytes tried to assassinate members of Congress. And Bernie Sanders is under investigation by the FBI, unlike the president.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:48 pm 

Feel the Bern!

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:27 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:23 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:

Top Lawmaker Demands Investigation into Comey, Former Obama Officials for Leaks of Classified Intel

Time for some indictments. There has been more than enough talk.

Give the left something new to fill their fake news shows and newspapers.

The chairman of the House National Security Subcommittee is calling on the Department of Justice to launch a formal investigation into former FBI Director James Comey’s alleged leak of classified information, according to an exclusive interview with the Washington Free Beacon in which the lawmaker also called on the Trump administration to purge all former Obama administration holdovers from government.

Rep. Ron DeSantis (R., Fla.), a member of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform and chair of its National Security subcommittee, is urging Attorney General Jeff Sessions to launch a full scale investigation into Comey’s handling of a series of potentially classified memos that were leaked to the press earlier this year.

P.J. O'Rourke