Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Are new homes OVERPRICED??
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:48 am 

I say new homes are overpriced by at least 40%.. How much do you believe they are overpriced..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:39 pm 

I work for an architect, and I've done house plans for over 20 years, as a side job, and I can honestly say that the mark up on a new house (without the property) is at least 50%.

If you are considering a new house to be constructed, get at least 5 prices from GOOD home builders.

P.S. Don't even think about being your own General Contractor. Your mistakes alone will cost you 150% of the actual cost.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:49 pm 
Banned

This just demostrates how stupid and dumb the American public is; I'm glad that people who buy new houses get a high markup in price, they really deserve it, being mules that they really are. Juice them, that's what I say!!!! Juice'em for every last penny they have! They're born suckers! Who else would buy a house for a quarter mil, and then pay all that interest, making the final buy over a half of million dollars for some drunken fool!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:07 am 

expresso66 wrote:
This just demostrates how stupid and dumb the American public is; I'm glad that people who buy new houses get a high markup in price, they really deserve it, being mules that they really are. Juice them, that's what I say!!!! Juice'em for every last penny they have! They're born suckers! Who else would buy a house for a quarter mil, and then pay all that interest, making the final buy over a half of million dollars for some drunken fool!

Some people I know paid almost half a million for a new house in St. John. It's nice, but not THAT nice. If I had that much money, I'd buy some nice land near a river or lake instead. I don't mind an older house. Many of them are nicer than the new ones that look all the same to me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:48 am 
Banned

Amen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:43 pm 
Banned

That's why the condos on Michigan/Pulaski Road are already looking like Riverdale's rundown same-alike version.

Three hundred down on a house, in a city with the highest property taxes (and county,).

No wonder some have sheets still hanging in the patio windows.

Across the street...today, I saw orange stickers. That used to be the place for condos in the late '70s, early '80s. Guess they decided to move across the street.

Kudos to Mayor Quack for picking the most attractive piece of future HUD buildings...one went up, the other went down.

If I were to spend the amount they asked for...I'd be way south-or-southwest with triple the house (no condo), and lot's of land. That's how they suck in people for a pat on the back that lasted fifteen minutes.

Told you it will be ghetto in a matter of maybe two more years. Bankrupt, and thank your mayor in Cal City. That's part of her legacy.

If you can't afford curtains, you can't afford to move in anywhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:21 am 
Banned

that's why you live in a cardboard box, Urinal-URright.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:55 am 

How would you know? Are you stalking her?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:05 am 
Banned

No, the old bag stalks me, this forum proves it, two-bit lawyer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:39 am 

How does this forum prove it? She doesn't always post here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:20 pm 
Banned

The bag doesn't have to always post here. Look at her posts, it's easy and you know it, but your playing the naive one here, like most lawyers do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:22 pm 
Banned

I wasn't pointing my comments to you, Exprasso. Again you go off topic and direct an insult towards my way.

You just don't get it. You beg people to "let's get along..." then in the next breath during a topic being discussed you interject with your usual mindless words of a two year old.

Stay on topic.

I regress: I would rather buy a used townhouse for $150,000 than buy the condos that were built on Michigan City Road, requiring a $300 down payment, that people think are castles and can't put curtains up.

For the townhouse in Schererville that I walked through with my friend who is in real estate, for that you get three bedrooms, a jacuzzi, a steam room, and no grass to mow.

Why would you pay the amount they are asking for in Crook County, when people are in welfare country over there, can't afford the stupid condos, anyway...It's the $300 dollar downpayment that got them there...it's been over a year and some still have sheets hanging in their windows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:53 pm 
Banned

Baloney! That's why YOU, Urinal-URright, have me as your signature everytime you post. BTW, thanks!