Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Wind Power in Northwest Indiana
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:59 pm 

Politician's R Liars wrote:
USMarine wrote:

On the contrary, you're just a punk.

Wow, that was impressive! Yeah you are right I had nothing at all to contribute to this thread, simply logged in to call you an azzhole!

The first step towards recovery is to recognize that you have a problem.

There is hope for you yet!

Well done, Son.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:13 pm 

Politician's R Liars wrote:
USMarine wrote:

Pay no attention to the troll behind the keyboard..... :smt005 :smt006

Why is it that everytime someone makes you look stupid, or has an opinion different than yours they become a troll? You appear to be the true troll by definition on this board. (oh no, now I'm a troll)

USMarine would have been banned from any well run forum months ago for the way he posts.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:20 pm 

sparks wrote:
USMarine would have been banned from any well run forum months ago for the way he posts.

The following is from this thread alone.

Go figure.... :smt005 :smt006

sparks wrote:
USMoron fashion, he lacks the intelligence
OK, troll
OK, troll
Hey SFB'S, thanks for providing a link that shows how full of crap you were
The real moron in this debate is USMarine, who continues to post about things he doesn't know much about.
USMoron, you post an article
USMoron,it seems that actually reading the link you provided is way over your head
SFB's,
Hey dumbass, you already posted that article
USMoron, you post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:48 am 

George McFly wrote:
Maybe some of the brain power in this thread can enlighten me. Since some are quick to dismiss this idea, what is your solution to this problem and how are you helping to make this a better place? BEFORE you all pounce, THERE IS NO MALICE INTENDED. i just want to know.

America needs to put her best and brightest to work on enhancing our nuclear energy output.

Even for those of us who do not believe in AGW, we need something that will be a reliable, clean source of energy.
It takes time to train people and to build nuclear power plants.

We should get started right now.

May 7, 2009

Department of Energy Issues Requests for Nuclear Science and Engineering Scholarships and Fellowships Applications

WASHINGTON, DC – The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) today announced two new Requests for Application (RFA) as part of the Department’s efforts to recruit and train the next generation of nuclear scientists and engineers – a critical need as the nation moves toward greater use of nuclear energy to meet our energy needs and address the global climate crisis.

Under the Nuclear Energy University Program, DOE will provide approximately $2.9 million to fund scholarships and fellowships for students enrolled in two or four year nuclear science and engineering programs at accredited U.S. universities and colleges. The Department forecasts approximately 105 undergraduate scholarships and 15 fellowships are to be awarded to U.S. students. Around 30 universities and colleges have submitted a letter of intent to participate in Scholarship and Fellowship Program, a prerequisite for individual students to apply. A list of these universities and colleges is posted on http://www.caesenergy.org.

http://www.ne.doe.gov/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:00 am 

Spleeks attempting to experiment with other forms of generating electricity goes horribly wrong

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPmen2qPSDw

2nd attempt with the help of olt540

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXRH50fvHWA&feature=fvsr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:14 am 

O.K...... :smt006

Last edited by comedian on Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:09 am 

USMarine wrote:
sparks wrote:

The following is from this thread alone.

Go figure.... :smt005 :smt006

sparks wrote:
USMoron fashion, he lacks the intelligence
OK, troll
OK, troll
Hey SFB'S, thanks for providing a link that shows how full of crap you were
The real moron in this debate is USMarine, who continues to post about things he doesn't know much about.
USMoron, you post an article
USMoron,it seems that actually reading the link you provided is way over your head
SFB's,
Hey dumbass, you already posted that article
USMoron, you post

I'm glad to see that you have quit pretending to ignore my posts.I appreciate you taking the time to consolidate some of my observations about you.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:21 am 

comedian wrote:

This was way too funny, Moby...... :smt005

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:14 pm 

US Marine, I appreciate your answer. I had done some reading on nuclear power years back. I was all for it then. I think that there are too many people that associate it with Three Mile Island and train cars full of nuclear waste passing through their town. Sadly, there hasn't been a lot of education on this matter. For me, I'd be willing to try wind power to avoid giving Nipsco or REMC any more of my money. I'm not sure on cost or anything but you can bet I'm going to "be doin' some learnin'" on it soon. I just think people won't get serious until 3 out of every 4 houses are without power.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:52 pm 

USMarine wrote:

I have to agree!

You are too funny, Mr. Grape!
:smt005

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:35 am 

sparks wrote:
I'm starting a new thread devoted to windpower. Building wind farms in NW Indiana has become a significant source of economic developement for Indiana.
http://www.post-trib.com/news/porter/1604151,portwind0603.article
Post-Tribune wrote:
Parts for a large wind turbine farm in Northwest Indiana are making their way to their eventual home after being unloaded at the Port of Indiana-Burns Harbor.

The parts arrived Monday on the ship BBC Amazon, stationed out of Denmark, according to a Ports of Indiana news release.

Workers unloaded the 30 power generators and 30 turbine hubs, which weighed more than 2,000 tons, Monday and Tuesday. The parts are part of the first phase of the Meadow Lake Wind Farm, a 26,000-acre wind farm in Benton and White counties. The project is expected to have up to 600 turbines that could potentially provide power to 250,000 homes, according to the release.

Another shipment scheduled for later this month is supposed to bring 120-foot-long blades, which will connect into the turbine hubs. Houston-based Horizon Wind Energy owns the farm, along with 15 others in the country.

This wind farm will join another in Benton County, Fowler Ridge Wind Farm. It is owned by BP and started operating 222 wind turbines last year.

I had the chance to pass by the wind farm in Benton County, Indiana, over the weekend - pretty cool.
It was weird, because some of the turbines were turning at high speeds while others were turning more slowly. I wonder if they are geared differently, or if the wind speeds were just that varied from turbine to turbine. There were others that were not turning at all, but I just assumed that they were union members.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:14 pm 

sparkie really doesn't giveashit whether wind power works or not...

he just wants the federal tax money to pay union idiots to install it.

he fools nobody except himself.

Quote:
Danish Wind Turbine Company
That Received Over $50
Million In Stimulus
Lays Off 800 Workers

Breitbart's Big Government, by Tony Lee

A Danish wind turbine company whose subsidiaries received over $50 million in U.S. stimulus dollars announced on Friday it has cut more than 800 jobs in the United States and Canada this year and may be forced to lay off another 800 employees in North America.

This is yet another green energy company that received wasteful stimulus funds and does not even have anything to show for it.

According to Reuters, Vestas, the wind turbine maker, saw its order intake go down by 24 percent during the first half of the year.

"The U.S. wind industry has slowed, largely due to the uncertainty surrounding the Federal Production Tax Credit extension," said Martha Wyrsch, head of Vestas-American Wind Technology, Inc.

Vestas said without more tax credits and stimulus funds, the company will have trouble competing.

Vestas executives, according to Reuters, told investors that "it would stop non-profitable projects," especially in Europe and America, where demand for its products have plummeted.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government ... 00-Workers

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:37 am 

Moby Grape wrote:

Quote:
That Received Over $50
Million In Stimulus
Lays Off 800 Workers

A Danish wind turbine company whose subsidiaries received over $50 million in U.S. stimulus dollars announced on Friday it has cut more than 800 jobs in the United States and Canada this year and may be forced to lay off another 800 employees in North America.

This is yet another green energy company that received wasteful stimulus funds and does not even have anything to show for it.

According to Reuters, Vestas, the wind turbine maker, saw its order intake go down by 24 percent during the first half of the year.

"The U.S. wind industry has slowed, largely due to the uncertainty surrounding the Federal Production Tax Credit extension," said Martha Wyrsch, head of Vestas-American Wind Technology, Inc.

Vestas said without more tax credits and stimulus funds, the company will have trouble competing.

Vestas executives, according to Reuters, told investors that "it would stop non-profitable projects," especially in Europe and America, where demand for its products have plummeted.

Moby doesn't seem to grasp the fact that burning coal pollutes our air and water and causes thousands of cancer related deaths across the country. Typical.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:37 am 

Moby Grape wrote:

Quote:
That Received Over $50
Million In Stimulus
Lays Off 800 Workers

Moby doesn't seem to grasp the fact that burning coal pollutes our air and water and causes thousands of cancer related deaths across the country. Typical.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:00 pm 

sparks wrote:

And this idiots answers is windmills? ...or FAILED solar companies and battery plants that pay the workers with taxpayer money to make what?...NOTHING!!!..

he cares about the environment?

hardly....

Nah... the truth is he cares nothing about coal...all this clown does is obey the orders in the barry love letters he gets each week...and DUMBO is really jamming it down sparks throat in this last stretch of the campaign...

because I would imagine that if coal gets sparkie to throw such a tantrum this easily then why isn't it I don't see this lazy fat fück picketing out in front of BP where the company is spending billions to keep refining fossil fuels into chemicals KNOWN to be hazardous to humans....and him practically locatedin their back yard....

Could it be it's because BP is keeping all of his union hack buddies and cronies EMPLOYED right now?

what a hypocritical lazy tub of mindfücked, brown nosed, shoe licking sh!t...